Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
May 16, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #1,726 of 3,153
I'm currently using a 5th Gen iPod, I have no problem with the sound I'm getting, just wondered whether I'm not getting the maximum performance out of the miracles. I bought a Colorfly C3 which has some improvements in terms of sound, but I honestly don't know what the developers were thinking, it has the worse UI and transferiing files is a massive pain.

Im interested in the Fiio X3 or the upcoming ibasso dx50, and also the imod from red wine audio. If the difference is only going to be marginal ill stick with the iPod.

May 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #1,727 of 3,153
Depending on the amp that you will use, iMod can be a big improvement.
I have an iMod 4G + Vorzamp and I like it more than RWAK100.

May 16, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #1,728 of 3,153
Quote:
I'm currently using a 5th Gen iPod, I have no problem with the sound I'm getting, just wondered whether I'm not getting the maximum performance out of the miracles. I bought a Colorfly C3 which has some improvements in terms of sound, but I honestly don't know what the developers were thinking, it has the worse UI and transferiing files is a massive pain.

Im interested in the Fiio X3 or the upcoming ibasso dx50, and also the imod from red wine audio. If the difference is only going to be marginal ill stick with the iPod.

Not so sure about 5th gen, but according to Golden Ears' measurements on iPod Video 5.5G, which is for some reason missing on the English site, while it is quite good without any load, it has quite a bit of low-frequency roll-off with low-impedance load. So, Miracle, which has nominal impedance of 16 Ohms would be not that good with good ol' HDD iPods, unless you like it to have less bass than it already has. Also output impedance is somewhat high for Miracle, measuring up to 5.29 Ohms.

While I don't know much about iMod, other products seems pretty good. Also they are quite cheap for their said performance, well, minus the UI. So I'd say go for them if you feel like you're missing something.

May 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #1,729 of 3,153
Quote:

Not so sure about 5th gen, but according to Golden Ears' measurements on iPod Video 5.5G, which is for some reason missing on the English site, while it is quite good without any load, it has quite a bit of low-frequency roll-off with low-impedance load. So, Miracle, which has nominal impedance of 16 Ohms would be not that good with good ol' HDD iPods, unless you like it to have less bass than it already has. Also output impedance is somewhat high for Miracle, measuring up to 5.29 Ohms.

While I don't know much about iMod, other products seems pretty good. Also they are quite cheap for their said performance, well, minus the UI. So I'd say go for them if you feel like you're missing something.

To my knowledge, 5G & 5.5G have the same audio hardware so I think the results will be similar and I can confirm that the 5.5G is good, but not great with the Miracles. Amping via a LOD will definitely improve this (even without RWA mod). If you're using an amp, I find the AK100 to be miles better than the stock iPod. Without an amp, the transparency of the AK100 is heaps better, but bass response is worse than iPod.

I'm receiving RWAK100 in the next week or so - I'll report back once it's here. May go for iMod on my 5.5G after that too... 
tongue_smile.gif

May 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,735 of 3,153
Quote:
Finally did my review...

http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/unique-melody-miracles/

nice review man :3

May 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #1,738 of 3,153
Still waiting for my Miracles after about 9 weeks, and I'm even in Australia (originally quoted 5-7). Haven't been able to get a specific timeframe out of UM Aus when I've enquired, except most recently to say they should be in one of the next 2 batches (whatever that means). Everyone at UM Aus seems very friendly but, honestly, that doesn't make up for the lack of information and I would not have purchased if I had originally been quoted 2-3 months. It's a lot of money (for me anyway) to be out of pocket with nothing to show for it for that length of time.

May 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #1,739 of 3,153
Quote:
Still waiting for my Miracles after about 9 weeks, and I'm even in Australia (originally quoted 5-7). Haven't been able to get a specific timeframe out of UM Aus when I've enquired, except most recently to say they should be in one of the next 2 batches (whatever that means). Everyone at UM Aus seems very friendly but, honestly, that doesn't make up for the lack of information and I would not have purchased if I had originally been quoted 2-3 months. It's a lot of money (for me anyway) to be out of pocket with nothing to show for it for that length of time.

You should get it soon. 

May 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #1,740 of 3,153
Miracle is really versatile and especially works well in Classical music. 
But it loses clarity and some details in mid due to its v-shape sound, though the loss is really really tiny.
So i am going for NT6Pro, which produces an out-of-the-head soundstage plus supreme clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back