Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
May 10, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #1,666 of 3,153
Quote:
So UM isn't letting you send yours back?

Yes, they do. The real problem is UM Aus said UM Lab picked the low HD images to make my artworks; meanwhile, UM Lab told me that if i don't change my images the artworks will turn out to be the very same result. So i am confused. And right now UM Aus disappeared. Even though I am trying to make another pair of impressions for refit, i can't send off my impressions with no correct form. 

May 10, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #1,667 of 3,153
That's weird. UM Aus sent me an email back today. I sure hope for your sake that they aren't deliberately ignoring you. If I were you, I would just get a refund on the artwork costs. 

May 10, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #1,668 of 3,153
After much waiting, impatience and frustration I received my Miracles back this week and they finally fit BEAUTIFULLY. I hate to say it because I feel like I'm making excuses for some of the poor service a number of us have received, but they are SO worth the wait.

I've paired the Miracles up with the DHC Symbiote SE Litz cable and the sound is nothing short of spectacular - and that's just with Laptop --> AQ Dragonfly --> Tralucent T1. Pair them with better sources and the sound gets even better!!

They continue to amaze me with their texture and detail - it's almost like I can feel the various sounds in my ears and not just bass, but the texture of guitars, etc.

In terms of the cable, the Symbiote Litz adds a very subtle amount of warmth to the signature (compared with stock cable) and just has this beautiful organic style to it's sound. It's not massively different like going from copper to silver, but it is definitely more enjoyable than the stock and keeps the sound very relaxed and non-fatiguing.

I'm now excited to write a full review this weekend.

May 10, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #1,669 of 3,153
Quote:
After much waiting, impatience and frustration I received my Miracles back this week and they finally fit BEAUTIFULLY. I hate to say it because I feel like I'm making excuses for some of the poor service a number of us have received, but they are SO worth the wait.

I've paired the Miracles up with the DHC Symbiote SE Litz cable and the sound is nothing short of spectacular - and that's just with Laptop --> AQ Dragonfly --> Tralucent T1. Pair them with better sources and the sound gets even better!!

They continue to amaze me with their texture and detail - it's almost like I can feel the various sounds in my ears and not just bass, but the texture of guitars, etc.

In terms of the cable, the Symbiote Litz adds a very subtle amount of warmth to the signature (compared with stock cable) and just has this beautiful organic style to it's sound. It's not massively different like going from copper to silver, but it is definitely more enjoyable than the stock and keeps the sound very relaxed and non-fatiguing.

I'm now excited to write a full review this weekend.

Looking forward to the review. 

May 10, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #1,670 of 3,153
Quote:
Looking forward to the review. 

I'm actually a bit worried about writing this one... What do you say about something that's near perfect (at what it intends to do) without getting into hyperbole and "fluff". Alternatively, how do you not just say what has already been said.

I'll give it a good go, but I'm wishing there were some flaws to discuss! 
tongue_smile.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #1,671 of 3,153
Quote:

I'm actually a bit worried about writing this one... What do you say about something that's near perfect (at what it intends to do) without getting into hyperbole and "fluff". Alternatively, how do you not just say what has already been said.

I'll give it a good go, but I'm wishing there were some flaws to discuss! 
tongue_smile.gif

I can think of 1 flaw. Waiting time! 

May 10, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,672 of 3,153
Quote:
I can think of 1 flaw. Waiting time! 

True, but I don't want to crucify the product because of manufacturing process. I'll mention it for sure though because if I had my time again I'd buy JH13s I think (especially now with the FreqPhase feature)

May 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #1,673 of 3,153
I can't wait until the Shure SE846 hits Australia. I will go down to ATA to try it out and compare them to my Miracles. 

May 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #1,674 of 3,153
guys i have Dac Port LX and Uha-6S.MKII for miracle and when i use it in the house on the PC it is very good! yet in the Class when i pair it with the Lenovo laptop it does became slightly harsher for some odd reason.

i don't know why maybe it is just me :/ it is the voltage?

May 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #1,675 of 3,153
Quote:
guys i have Dac Port LX and Uha-6S.MKII for miracle and when i use it in the house on the PC it is very good! yet in the Class when i pair it with the Lenovo laptop it does became slightly harsher for some odd reason.

i don't know why maybe it is just me :/ it is the voltage?

Could be a couple of things:

1. Noise / distortion added by the Lenovo's soundcard - the Miracles are resolving enough to show this type of subtle noise and it can make the sound unpleasant to listen to
  2. Output impedance above about 2ohm - a good chance this is the issue - do you notice reduced bass response from your Miracles with the Lenovo?

May 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,676 of 3,153
Quote:

Could be a couple of things:

1. Noise / distortion added by the Lenovo's soundcard - the Miracles are resolving enough to show this type of subtle noise and it can make the sound unpleasant to listen to
  2. Output impedance above about 2ohm - a good chance this is the issue - do you notice reduced bass response from your Miracles with the Lenovo?

will one of these "clean voltage" usb power devices help? it is not funny how i cant enjoy the music in the class :< 

May 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #1,677 of 3,153
Quote:
will one of these "clean voltage" usb power devices help? it is not funny how i cant enjoy the music in the class :< 

Unlikely I think. The issue is normally just average quality audio circuitry, not power supply so much I think.

Do you find the bass response worse when using the Miracles direct from the Lenovo? (i.e. compared to via an amp?)

May 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #1,678 of 3,153
Quote:

Have you tried going Lenovo --> 3.5mm to 3.5mm IC --> UHA-6S --> Miracles?

Even though the quality of sound is not as good from the Lenovo, the UHA will be easier to feed and will do a much better job of controlling the Miralces. I do this with my Vaio and the Tralucent T1.

Quote:

Unlikely I think. The issue is normally just average quality audio circuitry, not power supply so much I think.

Do you find the bass response worse when using the Miracles direct from the Lenovo? (i.e. compared to via an amp?)

Please still answer my question about bass response - it will help to discuss a possible solution for you.

May 11, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,679 of 3,153
Quote:

don't think the bass was bad but over all Lenvo wasn't clean as my PC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back