Unique Melody MEST MKIII Rumors & Impressions
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #31 of 62
Two suprises in one here, if you search for Unique Melody MK III, not only is this thread the first thing to show up, but MusicTeck also has a little news update for us here...
Screenshot_20230413-032202.png

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #32 of 62
Two suprises in one here, if you search for Unique Melody MK III, not only is this thread the first thing to show up, but MusicTeck also has a little news update for us here...
Very mysterious indeed....
but i think its about to be launch soon...
MK3_1267x700.png

May 14, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #33 of 62
Is there any one that had experience the Mest Mk3 along side with the Indigo? I've been eyeing the Indigo for a while but seeing how imminent the Mk3 is going to be release, I wanted to hear about some comparison between the two first.

May 19, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #38 of 62
More pics, from UM Weibo (link)

They look just like any other UM IEM now? Well that certainly is a bummer. Thought they would stay with the new design in some form or another.
These look just like Red Halo and Indigo with different cables.

May 19, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #41 of 62
https://www.uniquemelody.org/products/mest-mkiii-1
https://www.uniquemelody.org/products/mason-fs-le-jardin
Seems like they also use the same bone conduction driver from Le Jardin as well?
The eartips sound interesting at least.

Seems like the would devalue their own flagships a lot with this release.
Just depends on the tuning now.

Neither Indigo nor Red Halo are even on UM's website anymore. What a scummy move.

Also this BCD covers less of the frequency spectrum than the BCD of MEST MKII. Am I missing something here? :D And they still won't get down into the bass frequencies.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #42 of 62
The eartips sound interesting at least.

Seems like the would devalue their own flagships a lot with this release.
Just depends on the tuning now.

Neither Indigo nor Red Halo are even on UM's website anymore. What a scummy move.

Also this BCD covers less of the frequency spectrum than the BCD of MEST MKII. Am I missing something here? :D And they still won't get down into the bass frequencies.
The silver-palladium alloy does reach down to 20hz in the Red Halo and Le jardin, I think they are just not gonna let us experience their flagship level performance on the Mest mk3 even though the driver itself is capable of also doing the bass :rolling_eyes:

May 19, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #43 of 62
The silver-palladium alloy does reach down to 20hz in the Red Halo and Le jardin, I think they are just not gonna let us experience their flagship level performance on the Mest mk3 even though the driver itself is capable of also doing the bass :rolling_eyes:
I can't find this info anywhere, where did you get it from?

May 19, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #44 of 62
May 19, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #45 of 62
I might have got the number mixed with something else on the 20hz, but anyhow in the introduction of the Red Halo Unique Melody does claim that their new dBC-s Gen II does reach the bottom end of the sub bass.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uni...or-announcement-and-impression-thread.961752/
Yeah, but there is no actual "evidence" given by UM.

The only graph that exists is so blurry, you can't red the numbers on them. The most left number looks like 200 though, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back