Unique Melody MEST MKIII Rumors & Impressions
Aug 8, 2022 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62
Hey Head-Fi-ers!

I've been reading with joy through a lot of comments and reviews in this forum and finally decided to register here as well. I just started out in this hobby a few months ago, so far I own:

(Moondrop Chu)
Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk
Sennheiser IE 600
Thieaudio Monarch MKIi
Unique Melody Mest Indigo

I really enjoy listening to all these great sets and I don't really need more at this time. I would probably rank them sound-quality wise in that order as well (which is the order of their price, too though, so I must be biased...)

Also since I followed the recent developments in Unique Melodies releases and their fast paced schedule, I have two thoughts and questions:

1. With the improvements made on the quadbrid design from MKII to Indigo, the new BC-Driver in the Mason Red Halo and the big sale on Musicteck, could the release of the MEST MKIII be imminent?

2. I have read some comments regarding a comparison from Indigo to Red Halo, but I still want to ask anyone of you who has made the experience and can compare them: Is the new BCD in Red Halo that much better than the old one in the Indigo? I fear I am missing out on this and would love for my Indigo to have this new driver instead. But I really can't spend 6-8k on a red halo since I just bought so many IEMs in the past few months.

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on these topics!

Thanks in advance, I really look forward to reading all your comments!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 62
I can say the sound is phenomenal, I don't have many comparisons but it surely beats the Monarch MKII which I think is already really good.

Do you have experience with Bone Conduction and/or some TOTL IEMs?

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 62
Not with bone conduction, but with TOTL IEMs: at least the JH Roxanne and CA Solaris Gold. The UM MEST Indigo builds off already-proven quad-hybrid implementation with a driver known to add tonality with micro-vibrations and is limited to 200 units, so the uniqueness is almost undeniable in itself.

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 62
I got my Indigos not even a week ago and I saw the announcement.....RIP

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 62
took me a few days to get used to them, but I really enjoy them now. they are more laid back in the upper treble and have a tad more mid bass than the MEST MKII. they are super clear and open, a very nice compliment to the IER-Z1R

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 62
I am newbie in IEM world but Indigo is good and you won't be disappointed with it.

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 62
took me a few days to get used to them, but I really enjoy them now. they are more laid back in the upper treble and have a tad more mid bass than the MEST MKII. they are super clear and open, a very nice compliment to the IER-Z1R
Those are my two most primarily used sets because I simply cannot decide which I like more. I guess that's why they're complementary, at least for now, and I'm very happy. I feel no need to upgrade Indigo.

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #10 of 62
I really enjoyed the sound of it as well. I would be very interested in the MKIII, but UM is just not an option for me anymore. I guess the marketing will sound VERY promising. Hope they up the build quality a bit.

You're lucky, that the Z1R fits you btw :D

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 62
I really enjoyed the sound of it as well. I would be very interested in the MKIII, but UM is just not an option for me anymore. I guess the marketing will sound VERY promising. Hope they up the build quality a bit.

You're lucky, that the Z1R fits you btw :D
Are you the guy that sold your MEST since yours broke and you sent them back to UM and they “upgraded the parts”, but you didn’t trust them?

Feb 19, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #12 of 62
Hey Head-Fi-ers!

I've been reading with joy through a lot of comments and reviews in this forum and finally decided to register here as well. I just started out in this hobby a few months ago, so far I own:

(Moondrop Chu)
Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk
Sennheiser IE 600
Thieaudio Monarch MKIi
Unique Melody Mest Indigo

I really enjoy listening to all these great sets and I don't really need more at this time. I would probably rank them sound-quality wise in that order as well (which is the order of their price, too though, so I must be biased...)

Also since I followed the recent developments in Unique Melodies releases and their fast paced schedule, I have two thoughts and questions:

1. With the improvements made on the quadbrid design from MKII to Indigo, the new BC-Driver in the Mason Red Halo and the big sale on Musicteck, could the release of the MEST MKIII be imminent?

2. I have read some comments regarding a comparison from Indigo to Red Halo, but I still want to ask anyone of you who has made the experience and can compare them: Is the new BCD in Red Halo that much better than the old one in the Indigo? I fear I am missing out on this and would love for my Indigo to have this new driver instead. But I really can't spend 6-8k on a red halo since I just bought so many IEMs in the past few months.

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice on these topics!

Thanks in advance, I really look forward to reading all your comments!
Honestly, that's how I would rank those IEMs also, so maybe not bias?

Feb 19, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 62
Are you the guy that sold your MEST since yours broke and you sent them back to UM and they “upgraded the parts”, but you didn’t trust them?
My new MEST Mk2s showed up with a broken driver on the right side. Then, my Multiverse Mentor arrived with glue on the faceplate. I kind of agree with his build quality statement. Luckily, they sound really good.

Feb 19, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 62
Honestly, that's how I would rank those IEMs also, so maybe not bias?
Maybe not, but price definitely isn't the main indicator of quality for IEMs

My new MEST Mk2s showed up with a broken driver on the right side. Then, my Multiverse Mentor arrived with glue on the faceplate. I kind of agree with his build quality statement. Luckily, they sound really good.
They really do. I won't buy another one of theirs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back