Unique Melody MEST MKIII Rumors & Impressions
Mar 11, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #17 of 62
The mk III has surfaced a lot more. Was hoping to get more info. Anyone here tried them at CanJam?

Mar 17, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 62
looks are secondary to sound, but boy are the MKIII ugly. especially compared to the Indigos
Yeah, the Design is really... Industrial I would say. 😅

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #21 of 62
Interested to see how the MK3 will compare to the Indigo as they will have the same drivers configuration.

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #22 of 62
Interested to see how the MK3 will compare to the Indigo as they will have the same drivers configuration.
Yes, me too! That's gonna be the main selling point here I think.

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #23 of 62
I spent some time with Mest MKIII on CanJam NY.
In person Mest Mk III does look and feel not that bad - ceramic shells are very smooth except for the top plate, which has some kind of brushed finish.
Mk III cable matches the IEM design.
The material reminded me of Sennheiser IE 800.

I like everything in my Mest Mk II except for the bass and in Mest Mk III they significantly improved it IMO.

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #24 of 62
I spent some time with Mest MKIII on CanJam NY.
In person Mest Mk III does look and feel not that bad - ceramic shells are very smooth except for the top plate, which has some kind of brushed finish.
Mk III cable matches the IEM design.
The material reminded me of Sennheiser IE 800.

I like everything in my Mest Mk II except for the bass and in Mest Mk III they significantly improved it IMO.
Do you feel like the build quality improved signifikantly? The Design seems very out of left field for UM, but if they are more durable, I would welcome the change. Since you mentioned Sennheiser, the IE600 is a real tank :D

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #25 of 62
Do you feel like the build quality improved signifikantly? The Design seems very out of left field for UM, but if they are more durable, I would welcome the change. Since you mentioned Sennheiser, the IE600 is a real tank :D
IE 800, which was ceramic as well :relaxed:
IE 600 is made of some kind of metal.

It feels more durable than acrylic Mest Mk II.

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #26 of 62
IE 800, which was ceramic as well :relaxed:
IE 600 is made of some kind of metal.

It feels more durable than acrylic Mest Mk II.
True, the shell is pretty much indestructible

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #28 of 62
I have Mest MKII since 2021 using it everyday without any special care and they still looks like new.

Before I have IE900 for about half a year and they got some little scratches on metal body.
The IE900 is made from a different material entirely than the IE 600 :) 600 is way more durable.

Mar 31, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #29 of 62
I have Mest MKII since 2021 using it everyday without any special care and they still looks like new.

Before I have IE900 for about half a year and they got some little scratches on metal body.
I'm not saying that Mest Mk II is not durable. What I wanted to say is that Mk III looks more durable than Mk II :relaxed:
I have had IE 800 for 8 or 9 years and it is still in perfect condition (ceramic shell).

Mar 31, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #30 of 62
The most important thing that to me Mk III sounds better than Mk II :relaxed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back