ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Oct 19, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #31 of 2,431

Quote:
I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

Really, this is really gettings silly.

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

One of the sharpest critical posts I've read in headfi. Thanks for the laugh!

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #32 of 2,431
the ed 10 drivers are 20 percent stronger mmm maybe they have used those in these cheaper frame given peoples response about the treble they probably could just stick em in those smaller cups and sound nuts !  

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #34 of 2,431
Subscribed -- waiting for impressions.
popcorn.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #36 of 2,431

Quote:
They look like they should cost 50 dollars. 

Interesting how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Being a former DJ and a current beat maker I truly love the look of a quality DJ-style headphone (not that these are expected to sound like a typical DJ headphone).  I think the upper line of Ultrasone has been a bit gaudy lately and I'm glad to see them coming back to their roots.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #37 of 2,431

Quote:
Interesting how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Being a former DJ and a current beat maker I truly love the look of a quality DJ-style headphone (not that these are expected to sound like a typical DJ headphone).  I think the upper line of Ultrasone has been a bit gaudy lately and I'm glad to see them coming back to their roots.

Soul, let us know how the ZO2 sounds with your 750s.

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #38 of 2,431

Quote:
Soul, let us know how the ZO2 sounds with your 750s.

I don't like to rush to judgment with audio equipment, but a lot of people are looking for reviews of the ZO2 so I will get a brief impression as soon as it arrives.  I'm really excited to hear the synergy between it and the 750s.

Stay tuned to this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/574126

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #40 of 2,431
as long as they don't try to make another Edition 10 headphone I think this will be fine.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #41 of 2,431
It's a super special plastic made from Algerian truck tires that have been melted down and coated with the dust that forms in abandoned mansions located at altitudes greater than 13,000 feet in Tibet, which is fixed to the plastic using a proprietary adhesion process and later sanded down with raw alligator skin.  The result is a luxurious plastic that gives the drivers horrible resonances at almost every frequency, and bass that refuses to convey any detail, timbre or texture.  The sound will speak for itself.  Frequency range is 1hz - a hundred thousand million kHz. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #42 of 2,431

Quote:
It's a super special plastic made from Algerian truck tires that have been melted down and coated with the dust that forms in abandoned mansions located at altitudes greater than 13,000 feet in Tibet, which is fixed to the plastic using a proprietary adhesion process and later sanded down with raw alligator skin.  The result is a luxurious plastic that gives the drivers horrible resonances at almost every frequency, and bass that refuses to convey any detail, timbre or texture.  The sound will speak for itself.  Frequency range is 1hz - a hundred thousand million kHz. 

We get it, you don't like them.  Be gone.

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #43 of 2,431

Quote:
as long as they don't try to make another Edition 10 headphone I think this will be fine.

I don't know.
They've tried countless times to make a good headphone only to fail. Then they tried even harder, spent more money, only to fail even harder.

Maybe if they this time tried to make a rubbish headphone they would, for once, succeed?

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #44 of 2,431
Remember when Ultrasone teamed up with Rudistor?  I think that says enough about both companies.  

I will never know what these sound like, because after owning and trying every edition headphone and the pro900, I have come to the same conclusions as halcyon years ago.  Skylab's impressions convinced me to try the 8's, but alas they were no different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back