Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan
Apr 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #16 of 437
Ultasone is the worst German Headphone maker even though they regard themselfs as high end they are mere High price, no comparision to Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic or AKG. The edition 8 and Signature Pro are OK but only worth half their pricetag.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #17 of 437
Quote:
Ultasone is the worst German Headphone maker even though they regard themselfs as high end they are mere High price, no comparision to Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic or AKG. The edition 8 and Signature Pro are OK but only worth half their pricetag.

+1. Wouldn't say the worse as they have a few maybe 2-3 headphones that are not bad for fun listening. But yeah there LTD Ed stuff is more for the niche market where bling comes first than sound exactly same the Japanese company Final Audio.

Funny with the quoted Tyll ED10 listening experience video because that was the exact same expression I had with the ED10's when I heard them while back. I don't don't doubt that it will be the same with the ED12 which looks to be an incremental update to the ED10.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #22 of 437
Quote:
The ED12s (like the ED10s) are open headphones (apples and oranges).

Wait really?! Wow, I didn't know the ED10s where open headphones, my mistake. Interesting that after the Ed. 8 and 9 that they go a different direction with an open design. Well, I'm still interested to hear what Ultrasone has cooked up. Except for the Signature Pro, I've been very underwhelmed by their products. Even the Signature Pros are a somewhat comparable to cheaper headphones.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #23 of 437
Quote:

Wait really?! Wow, I didn't know the ED10s where open headphones, my mistake. Interesting that after the Ed. 8 and 9 that they go a different direction with an open design. Well, I'm still interested to hear what Ultrasone has cooked up. Except for the Signature Pro, I've been very underwhelmed by their products. Even the Signature Pros are a somewhat comparable to cheaper headphones.

You're not alone.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 437
in my distant memory ...was there a mention about the pads being not removable on the ed10?

i am very satisfied nestling with my pro900....wasnt wowed by the ed8.
If this open can kills the hd800, that would be something of a game changer  :)

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #27 of 437
I will wait for reviews on this one before I buy a set. Hope they are better than the ed10.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #28 of 437
Quote:
I see everyone is already pre-judging before it's even out 
deadhorse.gif

It's hard not to. But it is in their favour in a way, because if they actually DID come out with a brilliant pair of high-end headphones, we'd be all the more amazed. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #29 of 437
Quote:
That would something unlikely to happen I'm betting on and would give away my complete setup that I own if it proves me wrong.

+1

the HD 800 is very well engineered and is probably the most technically accurate dynamic headphone in production, and one of the best headphones out there. it'd be not only a game changer, but could even start an entire new era of headphone production if the hd 800 are outperformed.

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #30 of 437
the germans will prove their prowess...just wait n see...err listen i mean.
 a big/ger soundstage with fuller bass, and a more organic sound..
just wishing....:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back