Ultrasone edition 10 "THE BUTTERFLY" initial impressions
Nov 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #256 of 2,110

Quote:
Uh oh...Avatar fight.

Us people with the anime avatars have to stick together, right MuppetFace?

That raises an interesting question of which side avatars of anime cleavage would fall under. 
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
 I agree with that.I even love the look of the ED8 (Rutenium)than ED8 LE.

I think all three of the Edition 8s have their own unique charm, personally. The Ruthenium has a mirror finish, while the Palladium has a brushed metal look. The Limited (which is also Ruthenium) has a very velvety look to the metal. I can see how the wood inlay and brown leather wouldn't be for everyone, though. The black ceramic and brushed metal of the Palladium version has the broadest appeal I think.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #257 of 2,110
GeorgeGoodman, very good points. Some things I will perceive of as evidence of poor craftsmanship or design, etc, then I would call it unaesthetic even though I think nothing is inherently unaesthetic.

To quote David Hume, Beauty is no quality in things themselves. It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #259 of 2,110
I think beauty is somewhat intrinsic. Otherwise, how would all those minds which perceive beauty have such common ground? Beauty must resonate with people's humanity, touching something inside them that they may not be aware of. In societies on the brink of collapse, often ones that have gotten to a point where they totally ignore morality and view people as expendable, common standards of art and beauty get very distorted. You can see this with some modern art which is not attractive at all, but depressing and chaotic, not to reflect the state of the universe but to simply be an end in themselves, a nothing. Anyway, I can see how some people do not like the looks of the Edition 10 as it does have some strong elements in the design that are not exactly relaxing to the eye, as opposed the Edition 8 standard and Palladium editions. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #260 of 2,110
I fear this thread has gotten terribly off topic, and that it's largely my fault. So in the interest of getting things back on track, I want to mention my view on what some have said regarding Ultrasone's releasing a non-limited version of the Edition 10.

I don't see it happening, personally. The only Edition that wasn't limited was the 8, which seemed to be marketed more toward casual consumers with the emphasis on portability (though I don't know who in their right mind would take that thing out with them on a bus). Almost as if they couldn't stand having a non-limited Edition headphone, they went and released the Limited version.

The trend seems to be moving toward, not away, from limited production lines again.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #262 of 2,110
Quote:

That raises an interesting question of which side avatars of anime cleavage would fall under. 
confused_face_2.gif

Maybe they have to be conscientious objectors.  Or get put in internment camps...

Quote:
So you agree with me that avatars are an eyesore? 

No, I like them.  It makes it easier to follow a conversation when more than two people are talking.  The list badges in the sigs on the other hand...That just wastes space.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #263 of 2,110
I don't get this thread at all, they look fine to me. Of course, all my furniture is the stuff from Kmart or Target that comes in a box and I put together,
(and my clothes are from there, too) but I spend all my disposable income on audio at the expense of everything else... just my value system since I was like 15 years old...
My wife would make fun of me whenever I would wear my GS1000s and tell me those wood cups looked like something from a bad sci-fi movie.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #264 of 2,110
I am really looking forwardnto hearing how these SOUND. There have been some pretty positive reports...and so I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe they will be something special.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #265 of 2,110

Quote:
I am really looking forwardnto hearing how these SOUND. There have been some pretty positive reports...and so I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe they will be something special.

Aw, admit it. These are going to look great next to your Leben. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #266 of 2,110
Nov 2, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #268 of 2,110
Very nice! I am certain you will like it with your Ed 8 and LCD-2.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #269 of 2,110
I don't care what any headphone looks like.  I don't gaze into a mirror as I listen, and I'm usually alone at the time.  I just want to hear what the Ed 10 sounds like (no news from my retail channel either.)  I've had a great update summer - something that seems to happen to me every few years.  I've had the Beyer T1, the Audeze LCD2, the Denon 7000, and the Senn HD800 in constant rotation - with four amps - for months, and I want to know if the Ed 10 beats my personal choice of winner.  I don't suppose it will, but if it does ... then it's an amazing headphone.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #270 of 2,110
about the price tag.I don't think the ed10 will be sold at the same price everywhere.My instinc tells me ,that it may cost under 2500$ somewhere,if you can find the best deal, don't you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back