Ultrasone Edition 10 or Audez'e LCD3
Dec 18, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #31 of 95

Quote:
Egg Zachary.

No offense to the OP, but this thread is just silly. A Porta Pro slays the ED10.

Tyll Eulenspiegel.
deadhorse.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #34 of 95
Why did you even considered them if there aren't positive reviews about them ? That could only be the price. 
Its obvious that you are waiting for a positive input about them and dismissing otherwise so just go ahead and buy them.

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #37 of 95

Quote:
Why did you even considered them if there aren't positive reviews about them ? That could only be the price. 
Its obvious that you are waiting for a positive input about them and dismissing otherwise so just go ahead and buy them.

You must be right, religiously speaking.
Well, actually, I've found 1 terrible review by Tyll, and many others rather enthusiastic.
I'm hesitating between 3 or 4 cans (LCD3, which I suspect not fitted for contemporary music, new Audiotechnica AW3000,
or a big jump to SR009).
To sum it up, I know at least two european reviewers which are honest technicians I respect, who consider ED10 as a very interesting piecef
or the kind of music I mainly listen to.
Also note you find them for around 1700 euros in Europe (that is 1000 units cheaper then US), which changes a bit
things too. And buying it professioannlly means I can justify the expense and finally have them costing me less than
1400 euros.
I don't care about spending thousands for poor systems. My own system has been tailored by Cochet in Paris, and for less
than 15000 euros, it creams many absurdly expensive crap tenfold dearer. Cochet has got many awards from studios and
works for Deutsche Grammophon too. I've known him since more than 10 years and he's the most knowledgeable acoustician
and hi-end technician I can think of.

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #38 of 95

Quote:
Conversation turns a bit too much religious for my taste here.

so you ask for opinions some that have heard both comment and then you say you don't like what you are being told. Maybe next time don't ask then. Actually I'd agree with Tyll based purely on sonics I'd take the Koss over the ED10 and then go on vacation with the cash left over in my pocket. That would be far more enjoyable than living with the ED 10s.

Dec 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #40 of 95

Quote:

so you ask for opinions some that have heard both comment and then you say you don't like what you are being told. Maybe next time don't ask then. Actually I'd agree with Tyll based purely on sonics I'd take the Koss over the ED10 and then go on vacation with the cash left over in my pocket. That would be far more enjoyable than living with the ED 10s.

Opinions ? More like ukases to me.
atsmile.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #41 of 95
ok I surrender buy the ED10, do me a favor once you get them, place put them on your head and listen and then tell us your thoughts. I for one could not take more than a few minutes with these at RMAF.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #43 of 95
The Edition 10 are tolerable with one simple but effective modification I like to call the "Drescher mod" (the newer generation calls it the Kunis mod) that you can do at home with little to no DIY experience.  Fran Drescher is pretty gorgeous,  but as soon as she opens her mouth as "The Nanny" I want to stuff my ear canals with cement.  A great solution is to press 'mute' on your remote as cement takes a long time to harden.  If you do choose to purchase an Edition 10, know that it can excel with any genre as long as you don't press play on your source.  Alternatively, if music must be playing for you to be 'listening to music,' you can not plug the Edition 10's in but keep the volume off.  Using this quick and easy method you will be sure to enjoy the beauty and artistry of your Edition 10 for many years to come.  Also, as far as test tracks are concerned, I have found John Cage's 4'33 to be most enjoyable with the Edition 10's. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #44 of 95

Quote:
The Edition 10 are tolerable with one simple but effective modification I like to call the "Drescher mod" (the newer generation calls it the Kunis mod) that you can do at home with little to no DIY experience.  Fran Drescher is pretty gorgeous,  but as soon as she opens her mouth as "The Nanny" I want to stuff my ear canals with cement.  A great solution is to press 'mute' on your remote as cement takes a long time to harden.  If you do choose to purchase an Edition 10, know that it can excel with any genre as long as you don't press play on your source.  Alternatively, if music must be playing for you to be 'listening to music,' you can not plug the Edition 10's in but keep the volume off.  Using this quick and easy method you will be sure to enjoy the beauty and artistry of your Edition 10 for many years to come.  Also, as far as test tracks are concerned, I have found John Cage's 4'33 to be most enjoyable with the Edition 10's. 

Applies to the Porta Pro too, or do you advise a better method ?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back