Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems UK - SoundEar Pro 3 – new UK custom IEMs!
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:
  They are doing the demo shells in different sizes so there is more chance of a seal. Yes I will do a bucket liar of comparisons etc. I am quite excited!

When do you anticipate hearing them? I have some definite concerns with the silicone being too soft (they use much softer silicone than ACS or Sensaphonics), changing sound signatures and smoothing details over. Soft silicone absorbs sound energy quite a bit. (This is not a psychovisual effect; soft silicone doesn't sound soft because it looks/feels soft; it actually affects acoustics)

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #18 of 48
they were telling me about the silicone they use quite proudly actually and the good things it does!

should be a couple of week until they will be ready to get over to me. I will see how they go up against the T2/

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #19 of 48
There are two sides to everything. I'm not saying soft silicone is all bad; I'm sure it feels great in the ear and will probably minimize occlusion effects, but it'll be difficult to put in the ears, and it'll smooth out the sound a lot. Then again, that might mean they can go damper-less with the BAs they use, though in Somnambulist's pictures, they do use dampers.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #20 of 48
yes of course. Most things have a compromise and nothing is perfect. I do see what your saying an i look forward to seeing the silicone in person. The ACS T2 is already a big enough pain to insert!

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #24 of 48
All the requests? I highly doubt there are that many inquiries (from active members on head-fi, at least, perhaps from lurkers, maybe)... I can believe that they want to focus on their existing clientele, which are people in motorsport, and I can respect that, but why give incentive by giving head-fi members a discount for this month, when you're not going to reply to their questions in a timely manner?

All CIEM manufacturers are small (with the exception of maybe UE, but they're not exactly big either, they just have big corporate funding), small has nothing to do with it.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #25 of 48
that is a fair point and i am a bit surprised they have not got back to sinocelt, especially if he wants to make a purchase. Thatd be a big wad of silicone for his ears :wink:

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #26 of 48
Well, I wanted to make a purchase as well, but I need my technical questions answered before I can make a concrete decision. They offered to send the demos over for a deposit, but I don't know how I'd arrange to do that on their website, so I'm assuming that I have to correspond with them directly, and they haven't gotten back to me on that. If this keeps up, I'm gonna go with someone else. The only real advantage that UHP had in my view was that they offered their single driver in the full shell ITE configuration, instead of the half-shell ITC configuration that ACS and Spiral Ear use for their T3 and 1-Way Pro, respectively.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #27 of 48
Well its there fault if they are perhaps losing business. I spoke to him on the phone and he said he was certainly wanting to really get into this market.

is that what you would want to get, the single BA. Cant someone do that for you in China?

and spiral ears do not ship out of EU as far as i know

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #28 of 48
The Chinese don't do silicone; besides, I don't live in China, why would you assume that I'd get something from there?

I'd be getting a proxy for Spiral, but at this point ACS is looking like the front runner. I have a backup plan, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back