Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #331 of 733
I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #332 of 733

Try appealing to Hidition users, i.e. the choir.

+2 on the turnaround time --- it was 30 days on the dot, from the date of the initial e-mail sent to receiving (international shipping). The improvements on meeting turnaround targets that I spoke to Mr. Depallens are indeed being felt.

It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #333 of 733
  I wouldn't say the UERM is better. They are completely different sound signatures however and I see more people picking the UE18 over the UERM.

I actually find the UE11 to be the overall superior choice to the UE18. There are presentation benefits to the UE18, i.e. more broad and open, but the overall response is quite muffled, and they introduced a sharp notch in the lower treble, which isn't conducive to a complete sound presentation, even if it might subjectively warm up the music.

It took 2 weeks once my package got to UE. That was really quick.

Well, mine was a special case and particularly low priority. But yes, it does usually take two weeks, rather than the four for mine.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #336 of 733

No no. Now it's going to be painful waiting time, with you checking the tracking code every hour.

Nope.. not worried about the wait one bit, kimvictor.. I've got the JH13 FP, HD600, and HE-500 to keep me 'busy' for the time being.  I am extremely curious as to how a (true) custom fit UERM will sound since I've only heard a demo.. and it impressed me enough (in just a few hours) to where I knew i had to order one.  Nevertheless, I've very excited to hear it again!

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #337 of 733
Nice, FlySweep!
This is a good time to post that I levelled up my portable rig...it needed a bump in the "arms race" between my desktop and portable rigs.
(Thanks to Anax for having me hear his rig at RMAF).
Picked up a JDS Labs ODAC at RMAF to feed the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk II with AD 4627 opamps:

Getting a BIG sound- nice full-body and the right balance/amount of warmth/clarity.
Dimensionality that reminds me of my BA set-up.
Still have the Leck DAC section too for a slightly different presentation that is also nice, a "wee dash" smaller/cleaner. 
Initial impressions.  Spending some time comparing but more time just enjoying...the portable rig continues to scale.

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #338 of 733
The uha-6s mk ii w/ ada4627 is amazing! I love it with my dx50 and UERMs :D

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #339 of 733
^I saw that Average_Joe loves the DX100.  I think that is his highest-scoring DAP right now...
Darn, I thought I <only> needed to try the AK120 (in "Pro EQ mode"). 
redface.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #340 of 733
CEE TEE, is that cable different from the stock UE cable? It looks a bit different.

I'm pretty satisfied with either my X3 or DX50 with the UERM. I don't think I'll go any higher in daps.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #341 of 733
  ^I saw that Average_Joe loves the DX100.  I think that is his highest-scoring DAP right now...
Darn, I thought I <only> needed to try the AK120 (in "Pro EQ mode"). 
redface.gif

Hey CEE TEE
I would recommend trying the AK120 without EQ. Great with the UERM's.

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #342 of 733
Hi rawrster, the cable is an iDevice cable that UE makes.  $49.

I really like the look and feel of the clear/silver UE cable, but am now hooked on the start/stop/volume controls when I am running around with just UERM/iPhone.

Also, if you handle the clear/silver cables a lot (or are in a very humid environment, they can start to turn green but I don't mind that).

Unfortunately, I think that the voice cable only functions for volume control on an android device...hopefully there will be an android version sometime.

Two other things I like about the voice cable are that the right-angle plug is chamfered/tapered a bit to fit through more cases and if my phone rings I can answer it easily (if I am directly plugged into the phone).  Takes some getting used to having your ears plugged while talking, LOL.

Controls don't "pass-through" if going through an amp though and I think the memory wire on the stock cables is a bit thicker.

Also, I need to figure out once and for all how a couple of the other functions with the cable work- when I tap the center button multiple times I sometimes start the track over and sometimes forward to the next track.
redface.gif
  The Ultimate Ears Pro website doesn't have any instructions, I don't think...  (I keep meaning to ask them about this.)

Hope this helps!  

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #344 of 733
Bryce Carr from UE told me that most of the failures come from sweat. I don't always wear mine for hard exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back