Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Sep 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #301 of 733
I love mine for high res flacs on the AK120. Look at my profile picture.

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #303 of 733
  Who makes custom cables (with the special pin/sleeve connectors) for these ?

Nunca nadie... You gotta find aftermarket pins (like this one) and make one yourself...
redface.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #304 of 733
Can anyone compare the UERM to the Heir 4.Ai? Looking for a cheaper alternative; 1k is way out of my price range, but I am looking for that tight, neutral bass with clear mids and a big soundstage. Anyone have any ideas, or is this really the one? Heard the universal demo and I can't stop thinking about it 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #305 of 733
  Can anyone compare the UERM to the Heir 4.Ai? Looking for a cheaper alternative; 1k is way out of my price range, but I am looking for that tight, neutral bass with clear mids and a big soundstage. Anyone have any ideas, or is this really the one? Heard the universal demo and I can't stop thinking about it 
confused_face_2.gif

The UE4Pro is a cheaper alternative to the UERM.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #306 of 733

The UE4Pro is a cheaper alternative to the UERM.

It's true. Of the IEM's I've measured, UERM and UE4 have strikingly similar FR. They also sound very similar to each other with UE4 having a bit more clarity (less veil, warmth), but UERM being able to reproduce finer details.

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #307 of 733
For what its worth I have the 4-ai, 5.0 and the UERM.

To my mind (or ears) the 4-ai is more similar to the UERM,  it has similar traits in as much that is detailed and has adequate bass rather than "booming".  That isn't to say that I find it bass light.

Also to be absolutely clear although I like both the Heir iems, and very much so,  neither are really a match for the UERM  when it comes to resolution.

regards

Steve

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #308 of 733
  For what its worth I have the 4-ai, 5.0 and the UERM.

To my mind (or ears) the 4-ai is more similar to the UERM,  it has similar traits in as much that is detailed and has adequate bass rather than "booming".  That isn't to say that I find it bass light.

Also to be absolutely clear although I like both the Heir iems, and very much so,  neither are really a match for the UERM  when it comes to resolution.

regards

Steve

Sorry I should have also said neither of the Heir's have the same soundstage of the UERM's but personally I think the 4-ai is the closer of the two.

Sep 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #310 of 733
  I had a 4ai (loaner) and I didn't think it was similar sounding to the UE4 / UERM.

Me neither, but perhaps SteveKiwi was referring a comparison between 4.Ai and the 5.0, and that the 4.Ai would sound more like the UERM than the 5.0 (which would likely be true)? In any case, the 4.Ai doesn't really sound like the UERM (only heard a demo version); it sounds more like a brighter W4.

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #311 of 733

Me neither, but perhaps SteveKiwi was referring a comparison between 4.Ai and the 5.0, and that the 4.Ai would sound more like the UERM than the 5.0 (which would likely be true)? In any case, the 4.Ai doesn't really sound like the UERM (only heard a demo version); it sounds more like a brighter W4.

Hi guys,

yes perhaps I should have been clearer, I was referring to a comparison between the 4-ai and the 5.0.

And since I also have a W4, I would also agree the 4-ai is like a brighter W4.

regards

Steve

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #314 of 733
I love mine for high res flacs on the AK120. Look at my profile picture.

I was listening to the same high res flacs on the mac using the Meridian Explorer and it was even better sound than the AK120. A little more power doesn't hurt these phones a bit.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #315 of 733
  Hi.. have anyone tried using the UERM with Tralucent T1 amp.. if yes, how do they sound? Thanks

Never tried them together, but I've used both at length. I can't imagine them being a bad pairing. The T1 is mostly neutral, but imparts a warmish midrange undertone, and very good bass control. The UERM's "weak spot" is in the bass, so perhaps it'll help even things out. However, the T1 has fixed 3x gain, so it's a bit loud for an IEM as sensitive as the UERM. Try toning down the source volume first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back