Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)
May 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #61 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just go slow with a modelling knife or similar when you're cutting away the Shure core -unlike UE, they're glued in very well...as you'll always cut a hole larger than the original core, UE's fit in easily.

i'll keep that in mind if i ever do have to try out the olives
tongue.gif

btw i just noticed you had clear cables on your TF10. are those the stock ones? the ones i saw at a local shop had black cables and a black connector instead of the clear ones i see in your pics

May 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #62 of 74
No, I bought the clear cable simply cos I thought it looked nice with the blue! Vain eh? And I got them for a nice price from iDealSound...

May 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #63 of 74
One problem with the clear cable tho...apparently it turns green around the ear part -see channum's pix...luckily, mine haven't so far but I 've not had the cable long...

May 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #64 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One problem with the clear cable tho...apparently it turns green around the ear part -see channum's pix...luckily, mine haven't so far but I 've not had the cable long...

haha i think the black cable looks fine. except for the fact that it's glossy. can't understand why they made it that way but oh well.

i think the clear cable looks cool new, but then it looks like it'll eventually lose its "clearness", and turn foggy, in addition to the greening. take care of them!

May 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #65 of 74
Luckily a new cable is only £10 sterling from iDS inc shipping. Costs only a little more than tips!

You will of course be posting your Trips arrival on the appreciation thread? I look forward to it!

May 30, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #66 of 74
yeah course i'll be posting when they arrive. i do hope it's sooner than later though..could possibly be a very long wait.

May 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #67 of 74
I just did the flip-flop mod on my IE-40s and they fit a lot more comfortably, like Shures. Thanks.

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #68 of 74
Just to confirm that w/ smaller tips, Triple Fi do seat much more into the ear in flip mode, in comparison to my first pix (where I was using a large size) they seat almost up to the black part, with only a little blue showing, flatter too....much easier to lie yr head on a pillow.

Jul 14, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #69 of 74
Hi,

I've messed about with this mod for a while now - and managed to confuse myself in the process!
biggrin.gif

Can I just confirm which way the -L- and -R- markings go in relation to the nozzle (towards or away) in normal mode and flip-flop mode? There seem to be a couple of different answers on the thread. Am I right in thinking that normally the markings point to the nozzle (ie towards the ear so they can't be seen)

Cheers!

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #70 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBob1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I've messed about with this mod for a while now - and managed to confuse myself in the process!
biggrin.gif

Can I just confirm which way the -L- and -R- markings go in relation to the nozzle (towards or away) in normal mode and flip-flop mode? There seem to be a couple of different answers on the thread. Am I right in thinking that normally the markings point to the nozzle (ie towards the ear so they can't be seen)

Cheers!

I'm successfully did the "flip-flop" modification on my Super.fi 3 Studio by having the "L" and "R" markings face inward. The result is a fit that really does stay in the ear. Sound quality is now very good with clear, clean bass that is not boomy like I can get with the Creative EP-830 headphone at times.

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #71 of 74
I know this thread is a million years old now, but I just got a pair of Super.Fi 3's on the cheap and came across here looking for modding ideas. The Flip-Flop worked fine, but the biggest advantage I found was that it allowed me to wear the 'phones straight into the ear (hanging down) instead of over the ear: ie with the memory wire straight down like a normal pair of earphones rather than twisted to fit over the ear.

The fit seems very stable to me personally, but the Super.Fi 3s might be a bit lighter than the Super.Fi 5s. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'll post some pictures soon.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #73 of 74
Considering the influx of new TF10 owners, has anyone done this recently? Would anyone mind snapping a larger pic like the first one of another UE model, only showing the proper positioning of the cables on the shell of the TF10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back