Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)
May 18, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #34 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, can someone make a brief tutorial on this mod? I'm talking about triple.fi, with stock cables. I didn't know that the pin position would affect the sound.

You can insert the pins in two ways, there's not much stopping/preventing switching the pins which will result in the sound being out of phase. If you keep it in phase, then I don't see how the sound will change other than you switch the channels which isn't a problem cause you correct it by which goes into which ear.

May 18, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #35 of 74
Step One: Remove cable from both ear pieces.

Step Two: Attach the left cable to the right ear piece making sure that the little "L" on the cable plug is facing the nozzle.

Step Three: Attach the right cable to the left ear piece making sure that the little "R" on the cable is facing the nozzle.

Step Four: Insert the Right ear piece with the left cable attached into the left ear. Insert the Left ear piece with the Right cable attached into the Right ear.

Sorted!

May 18, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #36 of 74
x2 J.D.N., nice & clear! Absolutely no diff in SQ that I can hear; purely a question of comfort. I had flipped mine, but now back to normal as I simply prefer em that way. Flip does make it much easier to listen lying down tho
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #37 of 74
anyone care to take some pictures of them flipped in your ears?
wink.gif

May 28, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #38 of 74
I've gone back to flip for awhile -makes keeping a seal easier when moving around. I finally joined Imageshack but so far have had no success in uploading images...think I need to downsize the image file.

I found a pic of UE flipped but not TF10 -looks pretty much exactly the same tho, but bluer
smily_headphones1.gif
:
http://www.ultimateears.com/img/site...fi_mod_002.jpg

May 28, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #39 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gone back to flip for awhile -makes keeping a seal easier when moving around. I finally joined Imageshack but so far have had no success in uploading images...think I need to downsize the image file.

I found a pic of UE flipped but not TF10 -looks pretty much exactly the same tho, but bluer
smily_headphones1.gif
:
http://www.ultimateears.com/img/site...fi_mod_002.jpg

imageshack allows quite large files..what problems are you encountering?

yeah i've seen that one. wanted to see the trip fi one for meself. can't wait for my pair to arrive ;p

if there're no changes in sonic qualities, i think i'd prefer flip mod, considering they're quite big for my asian ears, so the normal fit might stick out abit much

May 29, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #40 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
imageshack allows quite large files..what problems are you encountering?

Sorry for slow response, athenaesword. Don't know what the problem is, but every time I try to upload an image, all I get is a 'Page Not Found' screen on IE. When I check at Imageshack, there's nada, nix uploaded in my pictures...It's happened 3 times but I haven't yet gone back for a fourth....

May 30, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for slow response, athenaesword. Don't know what the problem is, but every time I try to upload an image, all I get is a 'Page Not Found' screen on IE. When I check at Imageshack, there's nada, nix uploaded in my pictures...It's happened 3 times but I haven't yet gone back for a fourth....

hey it's no problems bro..let's see if we can sort out your uploading problems.

this link doesn't work for you?
ImageShack® - Image Hosting

have you tried clearing your cache? it might be that there's some errors in your temp internet files that causes your page to have an error everytime it's directed to the upload page.

May 30, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #42 of 74
Wow, thanks athenaesword! Your link worked! Took me to a totally different upload screen than I had before. I uploaded two test pics easily. Cheers
biggrin.gif

OK, now I have to take some pix of audio stuff!

Thanks again - I'm finally hosted!

May 30, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #45 of 74
Your right handed drummer would suddenly be a left handed one!

Wooo..it worked! Crap pic I know, and nowhere near as good as yours channum, but hey it's a flipped Triple Fi in-ear, shucks...my very first pic on HF...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back