Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 74
No, it shouldn't reverse the channels. It's done appositely. Now, if only I could understand how to work things out...

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I do not recommend the FS mod, since I think that it messes up the sound quality of the Super.fis.

Yes, I would agree that this mod should only be used as a last resort. There is a reason UE designed them the way they did and that is to offer the most optimum nozzle directionality. In most cases the fit may feel better/more secure and you may even obtain more bass but mids and highs will most likely be compromised....usually NEVER a good thing.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 74
Spyro,

Can you tell me something. In what direction do the wire's L-R marks face in normal position? Inwards or outwards? I got them used, and I am not sure they were oriented properly (inwards, following the direction of the nozzle).

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #20 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spyro,

Can you tell me something. In what direction do the wire's L-R marks face in normal position? Inwards or outwards? I got them used, and I am not sure they were oriented properly (inwards, following the direction of the nozzle).

in their normal position they face inwards, with the mod they face outwards.

(I'm dumb, ignore this post. They sound better with the L and R facing inwards like normal.)

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #21 of 74
Quote:

Spyro,

ok tony listen: connect the right cable (the one with the red dot) with the left driver and the left cable (blu dot) with the right driver, but warning, the red/blue dots must be located on the same side of the UE logo painted on the drivers!

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #22 of 74
Do you mean the Westone Es cable (as I was asking about the UE cable)? Thanks anyway, I will as soon as I receive my ES one from Jaben.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #23 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in their normal position they face inwards, with the mod they face outwards.

thanks. There is a strange thing here: when they face outwards with the mod, the junction is less tight than if they face inwards (modded).
Also, I don't find that if they face inwards they sound hollow... there's a mistery here.

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 74
Quote:

Do you mean the Westone Es cable (as I was asking about the UE cable)? Thanks anyway, I will as soon as I receive my ES one from Jaben.

........yes, of course! give my cheers to uncle wilson!

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 74
Quote:

thanks. There is a strange thing here: when they face outwards with the mod, the junction is less tight than if they face inwards (modded).
Also, I don't find that if they face inwards they sound hollow... there's a mistery here.

what I mean "mess up the pin" in my previous post is that one inwards and one outwards.

otherwise, they sounded identical to me (sorry, I am not a golden ear).

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #26 of 74
Great thanks. I also think they sound identical, apart from some initial self convicing effect that they were worse. After more AB-ing, they sound identical.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #30 of 74
Sure. And you please, can you let me know detailed impressions of the sound improvement?
Mine will be shipped on the 19th, as soon as Uncle Wilson will get back to Jaben. I wish we lived closer, so I could let you try the Triple fi, while you could have lent the Superfi + ES cable to me. I'm really that interested in finding what improvement are there with the Supers, as the changes I'm told they improve much more dramatically than the Triple fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back