Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
Feb 26, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #46 of 485
Any chance you could post some detail pics of the Paillics insides?
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #47 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by beltway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance you could post some detail pics of the Paillics insides?
bigsmile_face.gif

And.. how would that be useful? You'd just see a ground, left and right signal lead
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #48 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And.. how would that be useful? You'd just see a ground, left and right signal lead
confused.gif

Different 3.5mm have different ways of connecting to the wires. It may not be the most useful of information, but it certainly has it's place in this thread (read the last couple pages), so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #49 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I traded a pair of Ultimate Ears Cables with a guy in Singapore. Apparently, they can just go down to Jaben or other electronics dealers in the area and buy them off the shelf. I have an email into Jaben asking about being a source but Uncle has not responded. ( He does take a while, usually)

Let us know. If nothing else, I'd be interesting in buying a dozen or two in a group buy.

Feb 27, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #50 of 485
Here's a couple of pics of the Paliccs inside and the end of the Paliccs as well The other 3.5 in the foreground with the Palics is the threaded one from Qables that is for the Ultrasones cable. As you can see, they are very similar in solder pattern. I've already melted three of the threaded 3.5's trying to do a custom Ultrasone cable and they have no casing or stress relief. I think that they were manufactured strictly to be encased in injection molded plastic or rubber
2h7qmns.jpg

30w3w5j.jpg

28mhk3.jpg

Edit: Thepalics is about the largest opening of the 3.5's which is good for bigger guage cables

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #53 of 485
Im looking for a 3.5mm 4 pole to a dual 3.5 female stero adaptor/splitter/y

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #54 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still no response form Uncle Wislon at Jaben. Maybe if some of you others email him with interest, he may think about stocking up maybe doing a group order.

PM me his email and I'll give it a shot.

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #55 of 485
if you guys make an order please let me know as i too would like to stock some of these plugs... do they have both mono and stereo?

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #56 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you guys make an order please let me know as i too would like to stock some of these plugs... do they have both mono and stereo?

Pailiccs makes only a 3.5 stereo and a 6.3 mono plug. I checked when I was trading the UE cable for a dozen of them.

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #57 of 485
So I was lucky enough to receive a Pailicc from a benefactor who will remain nameless (unless he would like otherwise) to avoid people begging him for plugs. The opening diameter is sufficient for W2893 plus some techflex or nylon sleeve. It is one sharp looking plug. I've constructed an LOD with it and I'll get some pics of the internals up shortly.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #58 of 485
Thanks Juaquin, but I don't have extras left anyway so until we can bulk order some we're out of luck.(not trying to hijack the thread but I thought this would be a good question to ask) I was wondering if you had any pointers on soldering the dock connector terminals? I've tried removing the pins first, then soldering and heat shrink, but then I just can't seem to get the pins to stay back in place once I put the connector back together. Is there some sort of push on device similar to a telephone terminal block tool, that pushes the wire onto the pin instead of soldering.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #59 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then i guess its my solder that sucks, because every time i accidentally drop the cable on the floor, one of the solder joints break off
angry_face.gif

and yes, the neutrik plug is truly built like a tank, and could easily be used to beat wild animals into submission.

Sounds like a cold solder joint. When you solder, be sure both the connector and wire are hot enough that the solder flows on both. If the solder "leaks" onto the connector side it's hot enough (like when the wire gets hot enough the solder gets sucked into it). It's easy to tell afterwards if you can yank the wire off; a good solder joint is mechanically sound and will stay stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back