Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #32 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am digging the Calrad RAs. Anybody know where to buy them online? Paupal preffered.

The Supras are cool too

I've never bought any (tempted), but here is Calrad's list of distributors:
Calrad's Distributors
People on head-fi have bought from Santa Cruz Electronics (probably the 319F or 309F (can't remember number) inline mini females), and I believe Westlake. Both have online ordering, but probably not Paypal.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #33 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
XLO HT is My favorite, also don't forget the Yarbo iT3.5i.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Any english speaking site to order the Yarbos? Thanks!

Feb 22, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #34 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any english speaking site to order the Yarbos? Thanks!

None that I know of, still trying to get My hands on some.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #35 of 485
yea the yarbos look great! too bad they dont have a full set of both mono and stero... seems like i just see stereo yarbo plugs.....

and to respond to a previous post.. i thought about a wire thread.. but then that person was right... there isnt really much difference than brand and marketing hype and sleeving... so it wouldnt be as helpful and with so many different types and gauges it would just be insane....

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #36 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you kidding? i have some canare f12s and they suck!
no holes for the cables to be solder to, only small taps, making them really fragile to bumps and shocks.
i have resoldered mine so many times it has almost given me vietnam flashbacks.

just bought some heavy duty 1/4 female neutrik jacks though, and they were so well thought out it almost made me cry
redface.gif

To me the solder tabbs in a Canare plug mean high quality. Solid brass underneith.

You count on good soldering to hold the wire, and use the strain-relief to prevent any pressure on the solder joints. Yes the strain-relief is there for a reason
wink_face.gif

a 1/4" female Neutrik? you mean that hand-grenade looking thingey with a red locking tab? I agree it is built like a tank, probably use the exact same alloy as in a Bradley.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #37 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone have anypics of canare f12 innards? or any other 3.5mm 1/8"in plug innards this would be the place to put it...

edit.... looks like the calrad heavy duty that i have is a better canare f12.... here are some pics..

optdvr.jpg

jqrmfa.jpg

That Calrad looks exactly like a TecNec, totally...... well, I don't have anything nice to say, might as well don't say it.

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #38 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me the solder tabbs in a Canare plug mean high quality. Solid brass underneith.

You count on good soldering to hold the wire, and use the strain-relief to prevent any pressure on the solder joints. Yes the strain-relief is there for a reason
wink_face.gif

a 1/4" female Neutrik? you mean that hand-grenade looking thingey with a red locking tab? I agree it is built like a tank, probably use the exact same alloy as in a Bradley.

then i guess its my solder that sucks, because every time i accidentally drop the cable on the floor, one of the solder joints break off
angry_face.gif

and yes, the neutrik plug is truly built like a tank, and could easily be used to beat wild animals into submission.

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #39 of 485
Can anyone help me to get some plugs from AudioAdapter.com? I've been mailing them about international orders, but they don't seem to respond
frown.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #41 of 485
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #44 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been searching for the longest time for a solid 3..5 male to male adapter so I made one out of two Paliccs.

t5hrw8.jpg

Where did you find the Paliccs? We've been looking for a source.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #45 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you find the Paliccs? We've been looking for a source.

I traded a pair of Ultimate Ears Cables with a guy in Singapore. Apparently, they can just go down to Jaben or other electronics dealers in the area and buy them off the shelf. I have an email into Jaben asking about being a source but Uncle has not responded. ( He does take a while, usually)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back