Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future
Aug 13, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #331 of 362
Have you gave the Q5 a whirl yet, Alex?
Seems like a great all around little piece of kit.

No, I haven't, sorry. And by the time I get through my review queue and ready for something new, I'm sure Q5ii will roll around :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #332 of 362
Aug 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #334 of 362
Excellent review as usual, can't wait for your full review of the Mellianus.

First need to work on UE Live, and then Mellianus, should be my next two reviews. I'm saving the best for last :D Though, just so nobody takes it out of content, there is no such thing as "the best", it's all about personal preference :wink:

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #336 of 362
How about the N8 review? Curious on that one

You probably missed it, I reviewed that one over a month ago here. Includes lots of comparison too, to UE Live, Legend X, W80, Vega, etc.

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #337 of 362
How about the N8 review? Curious on that one

... unless we are talking about N8 dap, rather than N8 iem? :wink: Cayin N8 DAP will be reviewed whenever I get my hands on that loaner...

Aug 24, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #339 of 362
First need to work on UE Live, and then Mellianus, should be my next two reviews. I'm saving the best for last :D Though, just so nobody takes it out of content, there is no such thing as "the best", it's all about personal preference :wink:
VMVeq3w_700wa_0.gif

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #340 of 362
Sep 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #342 of 362
You probably missed it, I reviewed that one over a month ago here. Includes lots of comparison too, to UE Live, Legend X, W80, Vega, etc.
Thanks so much for all of your wonderful reviews. I just read parts of the N8 review again. As you know, I've already placed my order for one with the free wood faceplate upgrade. It should be at the assembly stage now.

Your reviews had a big part in my decision to go for the N8 and also your many reviews of the iBasso DX200 and the many amp options. I've been massively enjoying my DX200 for about three weeks now. I've been using the stock amp until a few days ago when I moved up to the AMP3 in balanced with my iBasso IT03. I think I'll be moving to the AMP7 soon but that will mean going back to unbalanced before moving back to balanced with AMP8.

Thanks!

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #343 of 362
Hi All, I have just got into head-fi recently, and now using the Ibasso DX200/Amp 8 with the Audeze LCDi4.

I am planning on getting an CIEM, and thinking of the 64 Audio A18t or A12t. But then, I read that the Ibasso IT04 punches way above it price range, so I am interested in comparisons between the A18t/12t and the IT04.

I know there are big price differences between the 3, but I just want to know how head-fi members feel about them (in terms of sound characters and resolution etc.) before going out to do the audition myself.

Any comment would be appreciated, thanks!

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #344 of 362
Hi All, I have just got into head-fi recently, and now using the Ibasso DX200/Amp 8 with the Audeze LCDi4.

I am planning on getting an CIEM, and thinking of the 64 Audio A18t or A12t. But then, I read that the Ibasso IT04 punches way above it price range, so I am interested in comparisons between the A18t/12t and the IT04.

I know there are big price differences between the 3, but I just want to know how head-fi members feel about them (in terms of sound characters and resolution etc.) before going out to do the audition myself.

Any comment would be appreciated, thanks!

Well, first of all, Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet !!! That's our official greeting here :wink:

To be honest, I haven't seen anybody comparing to decide either A18t or IT04. Usually people put A18t on the list while looking for flagship C/IEM, while IT04 is on the list to upgrade from entry/mid-fi level to flagship without breaking a bank. There are differences in technical performance with A/U18t having an upper hand, but not everybody hears these differences the same. Plus, in addition to sound performance, there are other factors like IT04 being universal only and with mmcx connector, while A/U18t being offered in two flavors, having 2pin connector, interchangeable apex module, etc. IMHO, considering you have a perfect opportunity to audition both yourself, do it, load DX200 w/amp8 with your favorite tunes, bring your 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter, and spend some time trying both pairs of IEMs at your local shop. I can tell you about resolution and sound separation as I hear it, but it's going to be your ears and your source with your favorite songs to make the final judgement.

Audition both by yourself, and if you are still in doubt, come back to ask or to ping me in PM.

Good luck!

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #345 of 362

Users who are viewing this thread

Back