TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #31 of 2,099
IMHO my tenore sounds like a hollowed out mh1, just being honest. If you can get past just how much PITA the cable is on the mh1/mh1c it's worth checking out.

I'm not knocking the tenore they are awesome. Just more saying that the threads who hype them, they aren't leaving their ears open to other things that definitely compete with them.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #32 of 2,099
I love the way drums sound on these t1E, especially kick drums.

I havent got an overly sibilant s in a long time.

I mostly listen to Google music, streaming in highest quality. It's so cool IMHO to roll the dice at the top of the page and know mybt1e is gna make anything it plays sound good.

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #33 of 2,099
Um, Aliexpress and DX are cheapest but take longer and are generally less reliable but Hisoundfi got his through Aliexpress I think. Penonaudio is next cheapest at $49. Then Shenzhenaudio thru Amazon is $55 but free 2 day shipping if you have Prime.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean less reliable? They don't arrive at all?

I don't mind waiting, but would hope they will arrive... And if they don't that seller will refund or something...

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #35 of 2,099
IMHO they have slightly less bass than t1e and slightly more natural treble than the tenore, and slightly more treble quantity as well. mochill you should a-b-c the tenore, t1E and mh1 and give impressions

Hmm, to each his own :)
+1

I love the way drums sound on these t1E, especially kick drums.

I havent got an overly sibilant s in a long time.

I mostly listen to Google music, streaming in highest quality. It's so cool IMHO to roll the dice at the top of the page and know mybt1e is gna make anything it plays sound good.

+100 lol

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean less reliable? They don't arrive at all?

I don't mind waiting, but would hope they will arrive... And if they don't that seller will refund or something...

Maybe I should not have said that. Just after reading about Bhazard's problems on the other thread, I personally think Amazon and Penon are more reliable, quicker, and less could potentially go wrong. Just a peace of mind kinda thing to me; I don't know. Hisoundfi got his fine from Aliexpress I think. And other people's DX orders should be coming in soon, so I'm sure they'd be fine. Sorry to put you off of it.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #37 of 2,099
sfwalcer's review:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-dweavers-take-pioneer-dje1500-pg-1710-sfwalcers-take-ttpod-t1-pg-1711/25650#post_10767344

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #39 of 2,099
Just got my tt1e's in and a rather silly question but I can't find any marking on the earphones stating "right" or "left".

Am I missing something?
There's a very small imprinting on the strain relief where the cable meets the housing.

You can also tell by the way the hozzle on each of them is angled

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #41 of 2,099
Hisoundfi, is there any chance you could give a bit more info on the differences between the tt1e's and the KZ special edition? They seem to be in a similar sort of league and I am interested in both...
Both of them have impressive bass, with a slight edge in quality (not quantity) going to the t1e. The mids on the edse are more forward and musical. The mids really take a huge step forward in comparison to the t1e. Some will like it and some won't. I really like the ss of the edse for acoustic, live recordings, alternative, rock and Symphony Orchestra. T1e is more balanced. Treble quality goes to the edse, with a touch more quantity to the edse. The t1e is a more balanced signature that is easier to have long listening sessions with. The edse is also great for long listening sessions but I can see some people not liking the forward midrange. I personally love it.

Build quality goes to the edse with one exception. The edse has an awesome high quality cable, good strain reliefs, an L shaped plug, and heavy duty metal housings. It's beautifully built. The only advantage the t1e has over it is the cable cinch.

New posts are coming in that members are getting t1e without bass. Idk what to make of this. If it was me I would definitely send them back for an exchange, because my t1e have plenty of bass and sound amazing.

T1e has a better tuning for playing every genre of music. It makes everything it plays sound like it was tuned for it. Edse is good at every genre, but some genres just sound a bit better because of the forward mids.

T1e

Both are a winner IMHO. You can't go wrong with either one.

T1e is $35ish dollars or so.

Edse is $15ish dollars or so.

Both are fantastic.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #44 of 2,099
Both of them have impressive bass, with a slight edge in quality (not quantity) going to the t1e. The mids on the edse are more forward and musical. The mids really take a huge step forward in comparison to the t1e. Some will like it and some won't. I really like the ss of the edse for acoustic, live recordings, alternative, rock and Symphony Orchestra. T1e is more balanced. Treble quality goes to the edse, with a touch more quantity to the edse. The t1e is a more balanced signature that is easier to have long listening sessions with. The edse is also great for long listening sessions but I can see some people not liking the forward midrange. I personally love it.

Build quality goes to the edse with one exception. The edse has an awesome high quality cable, good strain reliefs, an L shaped plug, and heavy duty metal housings. It's beautifully built. The only advantage the t1e has over it is the cable cinch.

New posts are coming in that members are getting t1e without bass. Idk what to make of this. If it was me I would definitely send them back for an exchange, because my t1e have plenty of bass and sound amazing.

T1e has a better tuning for playing every genre of music. It makes everything it plays sound like it was tuned for it. Edse is good at every genre, but some genres just sound a bit better because of the forward mids.

T1e

Both are a winner IMHO. You can't go wrong with either one.

T1e is $35ish dollars or so.

Edse is $15ish dollars or so.

Both are fantastic.

Hisoundfi

Me KZ EDSE will be here next week ...from your impression ..it seems they do share somewhat similar signature ....would you recommend getting the TTPOD T1E ...silly question though ..of cuz you would ...kinda apprehensive with pulling the trigger on these awesome jet pack ....with the bass light version some headfi members are getting though they are T1E ...me like me bass in me iem ....thanks bro

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #45 of 2,099
Hisoundfi

Me KZ EDSE will be here next week ...from your impression ..it seems they do share somewhat similar signature ....would you recommend getting the TTPOD T1E ...silly question though ..of cuz you would ...kinda apprehensive with pulling the trigger on these awesome jet pack ....with the bass light version some headfi members are getting though they are T1E ...me like me bass in me iem ....thanks bro
I would get the t1e also for the simple reason that the t1e is more versatile for every genre. With how forward the mids are on edse it's not the greatest iem for edm. Don't get me wrong it sounds awesome. I can listen to the t1e for hours and hours with no fatigue and great sound. With the edse I have to take them out to give my ears a break every once in a great while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back