TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 2,099
Damn, these things are getting some bold claims. I'm really intrigued, but I don't really have much use for a new IEM at the moment and I don't use an amp. I'll have to stick to my "lowly" VSD3S for now. 
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 2,099
So I listened to my penon iem (which is an excellent sounding phone) and rocked it all day and was very happy with it. When I got home switched over to the ed3, the vsd1s, then the vsd3s, and then the t1e and was like "pshhhhhhh" those other iem got nothing on this t1E. It puts other similar priced and even more expensive iems to shame.

Me believe in the gospel of T1E by Hisoundfi ......woot woot

Aug 2, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #22 of 2,099
How's the highs on the t1e, do they offer more energy than the Tenores?

They are more energetic than the Tenore especially amped with something like the NX1, but not a huge difference otherwise in my opinion. And not as much as something like the VSD3S, KC06(A), or Altone200 probably at all.
They are so dang fun! yet still technical. I got my Havi in today & got to listen to them a little, and they sounded pretty good to me. A noticeable amount less bass than T1-E or Tenore but still enough to satisfy me. Mids a little brighter than the two. They aren't mind blowing like everyone says to me. Maybe I was expecting too much Or maybe T1-E and Tenores are just that good too.. I just must not have them burned in yet because I like the T1-E and Tenores a little more so far.

Can someone with these headphones take pictures of them on? Do you prefer to use them straight down or over the ear? I really like what i am reading about the T1-E. For me, build quality and bass quality(not quantity) are two of the things i am looking for. I was looking at the vsonic vsd3s but this might be a better fit for my needs. Do you need an amp to get good quality out of these? Amp requirement was what put me off of the Havi 3 pro 1s.

I could I guess tomorrow if you want me too. I know Hisoundfi has already on the other thread if you wanna search for it; he had them over the ear IRRC.
The fit is the best I've encountered for my ears. I use them straight down. Trust me there is quantity, but of really great quality too. Sounds better for your needs to me :wink: as these are built solid and light. You do not need an amp for great fun sound with these, although it helps tighten everything up and sound generally better once you do amp it. I've got the Havi now and can confirm it does need it.

So I listened to my penon iem (which is an excellent sounding phone) and rocked it all day and was very happy with it. When I got home switched over to the ed3, the vsd1s, then the vsd3s, and then the t1e and was like "pshhhhhhh" those other iem got nothing on this t1E. It puts other similar priced and even more expensive iems to shame.

Dang straight! :D

Where is best cheap place to buy T1E? Cheapest at dx.com, but just checking that those who bought from there received it ok.

Um, Aliexpress and DX are cheapest but take longer and are generally less reliable but Hisoundfi got his through Aliexpress I think. Penonaudio is next cheapest at $49. Then Shenzhenaudio thru Amazon is $55 but free 2 day shipping if you have Prime.

Aug 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #23 of 2,099
@Ap616

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry to hear that you don't like the B3 so much. I'm starting to believe that you and I got different preferences.

I found the Tenores to be overly smooth in the highs and a bit to thin in the mids. For my preferences the B3 are on a totally different level.

But that's what makes this hobby so fun :)

I'm really regretting going with the snail mail on my t1e's. All these great impressions really gets me worked up :wink:

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #24 of 2,099
@Ap616

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry to hear that you don't like the B3 so much. I'm starting to believe that you and I got different preferences.

I found the Tenores to be overly smooth in the highs and a bit to thin in the mids. For my preferences the B3 are on a totally different level.

But that's what makes this hobby so fun
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm really regretting going with the snail mail on my t1e's. All these great impressions really gets me worked up
wink.gif

Yeah man!

I like it way more than my Astrotec AM-90 that I never ever ever listen to haha, but seriously I don't like those; not for me, too bass light and bright. It's better for me than my JVC HA-FXD80, which are way too bright though Joker and others didn't seem to think so though that was two years ago when most people got them. My SHE3590 are worse as well(and should be), which just aren't very quick and good at fast passages; otherwise I like their signature and are good for working out & weedeating, just not as refined.
The Tenore, T1-E, and Havi are just pretty close to me; they are all great. The Havi sound a little more technical than the other two; I found it does pair well with the NX1, better than the BlueBird. I think my music tastes don't suit the Havi quite as much. But they are getting better to me as we speak! I am listening to them right now, and they sound really really good with orchestra music... makes it shine! This specifically: https://soundcloud.com/blaketothefuture/banjo-kazooie-symphony-10 
Gotta love Banjo Kazooie, well I do.

I can agree with you there that the Tenores are really smooth in the highs, but I think it is quality treble and like the non-fatiguing aspect of it for extended listening if I want. I don't find the Tenores mids thin. Hmm, maybe upper mids? The Havi are more noticeable in the mids. I would say the Tenores mids are thick-ish and forward, lush. The Havi are also forward but a bit thinner/clearer. With T1-E in between. I need to tip roll some.

But I agree in that we have a bit of a signature taste difference. Exactly, this hobby is great; you learn so much from others 
etysmile.gif

Yeah, should've went with Amazon prime like me! Ordered late Saturday night, shipped Monday, and got here Wednesday 
wink.gif

Haha good, good!

...dang the soundstage is impressive with NX1 in low gain

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #25 of 2,099
@Ap616

Ha, ha glad you like them more than the AM-90 :)

Amazon prime doesn't help much since I'm in Norway :wink: Penon would have been much faster for me but I was to cheap this time.

I guess what I really mean is I found the mids (probably upper) to be thin compared to the nice bass on the Tenores. To me they're less balanced than the B3.

I also think you're right on the music taste. Most music I prefer listening to sound wonderful on the B3 which makes it kind of a win win situation for me.

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #26 of 2,099
@Ap616

Ha, ha glad you like them more than the AM-90
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazon prime doesn't help much since I'm in Norway
wink.gif
Penon would have been much faster for me but I was to cheap this time.

I guess what I really mean is I found the mids (probably upper) to be thin compared to the nice bass on the Tenores. To me they're less balanced than the B3.

I also think you're right on the music taste. Most music I prefer listening to sound wonderful on the B3 which makes it kind of a win win situation for me.

Me too, otherwise we'd have an big problem/emergency lol.
Oh, yeah; Penon is little more but quicker.

That sounds about right. I think they are both pretty balanced, one smoother, one a little clear/quicker sounding. With the bass of the Tenore standing out making it seem less so. And the upper mids sticking out on the Havi but making it  brighter and harder to differentiate unbalance than bass of Tenore. 
Glad to hear! 
beerchug.gif

Yeah the upper mids are noticeably more too me now than either that Tenore or T1-E. But I think the T1-E fall in the middle for the most part regarding mids and treble(a
smile.gif
 medium), but with bass impactful and of just insane quality that beats B3 or Tenore in quantity/quality. I hope you like the T1-E! when you finally get them that is...
wink.gif
 They make a good compliment to the B3 for different music imo, especially when you wanna bring on the fun and musicality!

Aug 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #27 of 2,099
The tenore mids to me were okay, but they had no weight or depth on the lower mids/high bass to me. Male vocals didn't have any energy IMHO. Treble on the tenore was non fatiguing, but seemed slightly artificial to my ears. I did really like the sub bass and isolation on the them though. Separation on them is world class.

Another tough thing about tenore impressions is that there is variations from product to product which makes it hard to put an exact description on them.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #29 of 2,099
Ap616

Have you ever tried the Sony mh1 or mh1c?

If you like the tenore and the t1e you would probably really like the mh1/mh1c. I think you can still get the mh1c on eBay for a measly $16 usd with the adapter

No, I haven't man. I think they might be a little too bassy and smooth in the treble like the Yamaha EPH-100(8.9) were. Joker gave them an 8.1 and I think the Havi, T1-E, and Tenore are all a step higher/better. Though I cannot be sure in saying that since I have not heard them. Plus I don't do eBay. Everyone seems to like the tips though, lol.

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #30 of 2,099
No, I haven't man. I think they might be a little too bassy and smooth in the treble like the Yamaha EPH-100(8.9) were. Joker gave them an 8.1 and I think the Havi, T1-E, and Tenore are all a step higher/better. Though I cannot be sure in saying that since I have not heard them. Plus I don't do eBay. Everyone seems to like the tips though, lol.
IMHO they have slightly less bass than t1e and slightly more natural treble than the tenore, and slightly more treble quantity as well. mochill you should a-b-c the tenore, t1E and mh1 and give impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back