TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread
Dec 3, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #2,086 of 2,099
Hello,

I'm still waiting for them to arrive, some deliveries seem to take longer apparently, especially with the 11.11 and "Black Friday" sales. Good thing now is that I refurbished one pair of T1Es so now I can A/B them.
I'll post my findings here once I get them.

P.S. My WTB offer still stands (T1E & T2E) so feel free to PM me. 

Cheers.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #2,087 of 2,099
Hello,

Just received the Lker i1's and I can confirm they sound exactly like the T1E's. I'm a happy man.
The Somic V4's are still in transit.
When they arrive I think I'll do a dual dynamic shootout since I have so many of them but (spoiler alert) the T1E's will always be my go to pair and are winners to my ears.

Cheers.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #2,089 of 2,099
I just tried putting MEElec triflange tips on these. It took a bit of stretching to work them on to the wide nozzle of the TTpod, but wasn't too difficult. There is now significantly more isolation, and despite the fact that they were probably designed with a shallow insertion in mind, I think they sound even better.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #2,092 of 2,099

Went for ebay got 2 pairs of red LKER I1 38GBP due 20-24th April. Thing is cannot find anymore so this last TTPOD and its replacement gone "FOREVER". It is sad when something you have found you like and cannot get it anymore.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,093 of 2,099
Hello,

Sorry, it's been a while since I logged to the forum. I got my LKERs from AE had no issues with the purchase this time. You'll be happy with them as they sound exactly like the T1Es and are a bit more comfortable to wear, the housing's a tad smaller.
For all T1E fans out there know this:
Lker i1 have the exact same sound/performance as TTPOD T1E. They are definetly a first choice.
AudioSense v2 DDS4 come very close soundwise and offer a very attractive package for the price.
I personally enjoy the KZ ZST sound from time to time as it kinda reminds me of the TTPODs, not as controlled even though they're hybrids, but over the ear fitment is not my thing...
JVC FXT90, maybe...if you didn't have the above options available....
Other dual dynamics aren't worth mentioning from my point of view.

Cheers.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,094 of 2,099
None of the stock tips comes with the T1-E are able to resolve my shallow fitting issue. It slowly turns into a pleasing experience to slightly painful experience since I always tend to push the housing(which is causing some pain on ear) in to the canal once I feel it might fall off. 

That said, I don't want to forsake it because of this and is looking after to get some inexpensive double or triple flange tips now.

Any suggestion? Will this fit?

6pcs/3pairs Three Layer Silicone In-Ear Earphone Covers Cap Replacement Earbud Bud Tips Earbuds eartips Earplug Ear pads cushion

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,095 of 2,099
None of the stock tips comes with the T1-E are able to resolve my shallow fitting issue. It slowly turns into a pleasing experience to slightly painful experience since I always tend to push the housing(which is causing some pain on ear) in to the canal once I feel it might fall off. 

That said, I don't want to forsake it because of this and is looking after to get some inexpensive double or triple flange tips now.

Any suggestion? Will this fit?

6pcs/3pairs Three Layer Silicone In-Ear Earphone Covers Cap Replacement Earbud Bud Tips Earbuds eartips Earplug Ear pads cushion

Those might be able to stretch, but maybe get something with a larger opening if you can.

These are the ones I am currently using.
http://s.aliexpress.com/M3qUN3Ur
They fit, and they sound good, but they reduce the bass a bit, in my ears, compared to usual tips.

Have you tried foam tips? I didn't like foam on my T1-E, but it is the only way I can use my Rock Zircons. Any other tips would just make them lose their seal every couple of minutes.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #2,096 of 2,099
Those might be able to stretch, but maybe get something with a larger opening if you can.

These are the ones I am currently using.
http://s.aliexpress.com/M3qUN3Ur
They fit, and they sound good, but they reduce the bass a bit, in my ears, compared to usual tips.

Have you tried foam tips? I didn't like foam on my T1-E, but it is the only way I can use my Rock Zircons. Any other tips would just make them lose their seal every couple of minutes.

Thanks for the link. I should've mentioned this earlier but I actually didn't get my pair with foam tips included, hence, never got to give the ttpod a spin with those tips. But a bi/triple flange tip generally should provide more heights than any single flange tip design including traditional foam tip, isn't it?

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #2,097 of 2,099
Thanks for the link. I should've mentioned this earlier but I actually didn't get my pair with foam tips included, hence, never got to give the ttpod a spin with those tips. But a bi/triple flange tip generally should provide more heights than any single flange tip design including traditional foam tip, isn't it?

Oh yes, mine didn't come with foam tips either, I got some from Ali, along with the double flange ones.
I'm not sure what they are supposed to do, but I think foam tips generally reduce bass more than silicone ones.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2,099 of 2,099
So a looooong time after writing my 1/5 stars review on these, i finally managed to change them enough to the point where they are now one of favorite pairs.

EQ: I needed to use a custom EQ which i designed to tackle the ttpods inability to play undistorted sound in the 1.8K-7K frequencies, i had to add more bass to compensate for the void left in the mids area.
The TTpods are now smoother and more pleasant to listen to imo, the drivers produce a good bass while *still* giving more mids,highs and sound separation than other "Basshead" iems. 

On to the short nozzle problem:

^This is not a tip. 
I took a Large sized, useless silicone tip, turned it inside-out---> cut the actual tip around the "tube"--->this tube serves as a nozzle extender! i fitted a Rock Zircon tip on top of it and the nozzle is no longer shallow = the earphones stay in my ears. (it doesnt have to be a rock zircon tip, work with what you got).

I hope this helps anyone who bought these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back