TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #15,548 of 24,683
He no longer reviews Trinity Audio IEMs, so no more graphs. I think the issue is that Brooko lives in New Zealand, so distance and time was an issue.

Would you elaborate on this "distance and time" issue? ...if you have time.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #15,551 of 24,683
Not sure where to post this so i'll just ask here. Trying to decide on ordering the master or the icarus with the discount. I own and love the Sabres (Hence the username
biggrin.gif
)  and have the new Vyrus ordered also. Anyone want to give an opinion which might help or direct me to a more appropriate thread?

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #15,552 of 24,683

Anyone who has received Master. Can you confirm that I should have two sets of the purple, silver, and orange filters and one pair of the rest?

Thanks.

Same filters come with the Vyrus V2 (and I imagine any IEM coming off the Trinity line these days). Yes, that's correct. If you look inside, you'll notice those colors come in both damped and undamped flavors, which do have an impact on the sound.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #15,554 of 24,683
  I find the Master filters to match your assessment of the filters for the Vyrus V2.  I'll probably rotate between the red, gold undamped, blue and green.  On the rare occasion I want a little more bass I'll switch over to the silver undamped.

Good to hear. Feel free to direct anyone to that post if want an opinion on filters.

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #15,555 of 24,683
Where is Brooko when we need him with his fancy graphing kit?

Would you elaborate on this "distance and time" issue? ...if you have time.

Well Trinity Audio is based in the U.K. and I presume the time it takes to send IEMs to New Zealand to be reviewed then and back to the UK was too long. I'm sure Brooko will correct me if I'm wrong. The last ones that I believe he tested were the Hunters, which he said needed some tweaking before release and I believe that was implemented.

I can't remember who at the moment, but someone closer to home has taken over that task of testing and giving feedback to Trinity Audio.

As you can imagine, after 15,000 posts, it's easy to miss some information. But I think I'm correct in what I've written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back