TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #15,571 of 24,683

Not in my box :frowning2:  Nor I now see were the torq screws and mini-screwdriver that others did get. 

Okay, thanks.  Looks like I'm not alone then in having numerous items missing from the shipment.

I have the feeling as more people get things in, there will be more reports of missing accessories. I hope they've got a spreadsheet of some sort where they list out which orders are missing what accessories so that when they get them back in stock, they can look at that list and send out items to the people that are missing them.

Did you just assume that your Master wasn't supposed to come with tools for changing the faceplates or did you not get to the point of changing faceplates so you didn't realize those items were missing? Lol

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #15,572 of 24,683

Not in my box :frowning2:  Nor I now see were the torq screws and mini-screwdriver that others did get. 

Okay, thanks.  Looks like I'm not alone then in having numerous items missing from the shipment.

I have the feeling as more people get things in, there will be more reports of missing accessories. I hope they've got a spreadsheet of some sort where they list out which orders are missing what accessories so that when they get them back in stock, they can look at that list and send out items to the people that are missing them.

Did you just assume that your Master wasn't supposed to come with tools for changing the faceplates or did you not get to the point of changing faceplates so you didn't realize those items were missing? Lol

Honestly I didn't know there was supposed to be torq screws and driver until I read it here on the thread.  Looked again and nope.... :frowning2:

As for a spreadsheet, yeah they'll need something for sure.  I'm now thinking that the shortage of accessories may have been the prime cause for the shipping delays and that they finally said ship what they had.   Bob has certainly had his share of supplier problems most problematic with the filter threads on the Master 4. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #15,574 of 24,683
Vyrus V2 arrived : no case, no Spinfit, no combi, no 90* angle adapter. All the filters and original tips are included in the factory box.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #15,576 of 24,683
  Some of the accessory items seem to be a little bit in disarray. I got a case and Spinfits (outside of the box, but in the mailing package) with my Vyrus V2, but I've read numerous reports of people not getting those items with their Master. I didn't get a right-angle adapter with my Vyrus either.

I would very much like to see an official guide to the filters, but until then, I think I'm the only one that's posted a brief round-up of what all the filters do. I wrote those impressions with regards to the Vyrus V2, but @harpo1 posted that the filters seem to do similar things on the Master as well. Head over to page 1020 if you wanna check out my short thoughts.

With my previous trinity iems, the spinfits were never included directly in the box and were always separate, but inside the package.

Thought I would chip in here too. Just got my masters this evening. No case, no spinfits, no kombis. I checked the package twice. A little disappointing there, mainly about the case, but I have plenty of spare cases and plenty of spare tips so for me its fine, though for others just starting out, I could see it being an issue. Trinity must have been really rushing to get these out.

Been listening to them a bit with the installed red filters. In terms of audio quality, to me they seem to be miles ahead of the PM4's. But its far too early for me to have any real impressions, but the harshness I heard with the PM4's does not seem to exist here. They are fairly large and bulky, and I will have to do some longer listening sessions to see how they hold up, or whether they cause discomfort. They have a very interesting soundstage though, that might take some getting used to. Almost seems to be shaped like an A, with the center feeling up top and the sides nice and wide, but lower down. Will definitely need to listen more. But first impressions on sound are pretty good. And they do seem to require a decent amount more power than the older models.

Build quality seems better than the PM4 too, and I have had no real issues with the filters, though the threading is still slightly... wonky. They don't quite catch where you would expect and don't quite thread on super smooth. But its definitely an improvement from my previous trinity iems where some filters wouldn't thread on at all.

For those wondering about the filters, I too would like some more clarification, but in the meantime, based on what I understood about the older filters on my original virus and PM4, you should be able to tell a few things. Just above the base, there is a ring that goes around, below that some of the filters have a small hole. I believe this is the bass tuning port. Those with no holes should I think have more bass, and on some of them, the hole has some dampening material, which should have less bass than those with no hole, but more than those with a hole and no dampening material. It also appears that some have different sized holes, and I believe larger should be less bass. If you look in the back of the filter, some have dampening material, which should reduce treble vs those with no dampening material. The new color filters also all seem to have foam as a dampening material instead of the older dampening material. As to how this affects sound, I imagine it would "soften" it a bit, and probably pulls back treble and bass a bit. Though I haven't listened much yet so I am not 100% sure.

For the price paid, they seem quite good. An improvement over the PM4 to be sure. I can try and offer some comparisons between other somewhat similarly priced iems if anyone is interested. My collection currently consists of lz a4, noble x, and ibasso it03. I also have a campfire vega as well, but I am not really expecting that to be remotely a fair fight.

Now just need to get my PM6 before I go on vacation for 3 weeks!

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #15,577 of 24,683
The Master does not strain the power of my iPhone 7+. In fact it requires less than the AirPods, which plays well on the same phone.

Since there is no triangular cutout in the Master box, I don't believe Trinity intended to include a case. I may be wrong.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #15,579 of 24,683
Vyrus V2 arrived : no case, no Spinfit, no combi, no 90* angle adapter. All the filters and original tips are included in the factory box.

Arctic monkeys - stop the world master with red filters fed through cayin c5.... nuff' said, hypnotic

Good call on the red filters...My favorite also after giving them all a quick listen. Many of the filters seemed to lend a metallic sheen to some instruments, especially piano. The red does sound more lifelike. Given the number of included filters, there certainly should be something for everyone's tastes

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #15,580 of 24,683
Good call on the red filters...My favorite also after giving them all a quick listen. Many of the filters seemed to lend a metallic sheen to some instruments, especially piano. The red does sound more lifelike. Given the number of included filters, there certainly should be something for everyone's tastes
There is a massive difference between using just my phone to amping them. I'd love to know if these sound better on the dx200 with red/black filter in balanced!

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #15,581 of 24,683
Another day, and more people reporting the dropout issue with the Airs. As of this point no one that I've seen has reported getting the Air without having dropouts between the left and right bud.

So much for that amazing dual antenna architecture.

These were supposed to be a birthday gift for my wife. She told me "I'm ok with delays if they get it right". Here's hoping we get the first miracle pair of Airs.... When the eventually get here that is.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #15,582 of 24,683
Red filters were nice and meaty but these black filters make my eyes roll into the back of my head. Had to go up a size in kombis for a comfortable fit and good seal. No case but at $80 I can't even care or be even remotely upset, I'm sure they'll come with the balanced cable sooner or later for those that need some. But for now enjoy 
beerchug.gif
 Bob and the team did a damn fine job on the Master

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #15,584 of 24,683
Another day, and more people reporting the dropout issue with the Airs. As of this point no one that I've seen has reported getting the Air without having dropouts between the left and right bud.

So much for that amazing dual antenna architecture.

These were supposed to be a birthday gift for my wife. She told me "I'm ok with delays if they get it right". Here's hoping we get the first miracle pair of Airs.... When the eventually get here that is.

14 day return, here I come... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back