TRINITY - PHANTOM Pro universal IEMs + completely wireless. Arriving 2016
Oct 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #31 of 308

cool.gif
Bob, Don't want you to give out any secrets, but HOW do you get sufficient bottom end into the Pures without any Dynamic Drivers? Typically BA's don't have much low end range.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dynamics (due to their nature) will move more air - but by using two BAs for each frequency range, you can get plenty of low end into multi BA earphones.  The Adel U6 has some of the best bass in an earphone (besides the DN200J) that I've heard. It may still drop off in the 20-30 kHz range, but unless you're listening to pipe organs, most music doesn't go that low anyway.  What the BAs give you in return is faster transient speed, less decay, and more clarity.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #37 of 308
I'm on the Bass train ! Whooot

@DJScope I reckon this one will interest you too.

Hoping for some deep organic sounding bass - Aurisonic's style.

Bob will the DD be same as Atlas or something new ?

I found the new Aurisonics range to have overly thick and warm bass with a lower midbass emphasis. They sounded good, but weren't my preferred bass representation. That said, I'm not the target customer for the Bass Phantom. I'll be looking at the Pure. I'd love to get a pre-production sample to review. I better get on writing my reviews for more street cred.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #38 of 308

cool.gif
Bob, Don't want you to give out any secrets, but HOW do you get sufficient bottom end into the Pures without any Dynamic Drivers? Typically BA's don't have much low end range.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I've got a few balanced armature based CIEMs that have excellent low end.  The impact doesn't feel as real as a dynamic can but the textures are very clear and the control is superb (no mid bleed).

Trinity has some interesting products coming out.  I haven't been a fan of the tuning so far; that doesn't mean they aren't well realized, just that none have hit my audio sweet spot (yet).

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #39 of 308

:cool: Bob, Don't want you to give out any secrets, but HOW do you get sufficient bottom end into the Pures without any Dynamic Drivers? Typically BA's don't have much low end range.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I've got a few balanced armature based CIEMs that have excellent low end.  The impact doesn't feel as real as a dynamic can but the textures are very clear and the control is superb (no mid bleed).

Trinity has some interesting products coming out.  I haven't been a fan of the tuning so far; that doesn't mean they aren't well realized, just that none have hit my audio sweet spot (yet).

Pretty sure I've answered this, as well.

TwinACStacks: There are now quite large BA drivers specifically made for excellent bass reproduction. We're no longer living in the days when IEM manufacturers are stuck with hearing aid BA drivers. I've heard several CIEM demo units using these bass BA drivers, and depending on the implementation they can be quick and punchy or quite organic with more natural decay. It's really up to the engineer. They're not really limited by BA technology any longer.

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #40 of 308
Wonder if Trinity will do a kick starter on these at a discounted price?

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #42 of 308
Nov 11, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #43 of 308

Well with the sheer NUMBER of customizable tuning-filters that will be included with the Phantom, there's BOUND to be one or two that will hit that sweet-spot of yours
biggrin.gif

My understanding is that is the plan.

Yeah I mean, that's what Trinity has ALWAYS done with ALL their products.

Nov 11, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #44 of 308
  Thanks.  Going to start saving my money now...

Might be a bit early for that, we have no idea yet of even a TENTATIVE date as to when a Kickstarter will be beginning.  At this point Trinity is still working on the project for their full-sized headphones.

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #45 of 308
Hi Guys,

A little update on the Phantom series.

We will launch on Kickstarter with rewards at lower pledge amounts, although they wont be as heavily discounted as some of our other range launched on KS.

We are prototyping at the moment and should have most things figured out prior to Christmas.

Here are a couple of CAD images that I am happy to share with you.

PHANTOM AIR

PHANTOM PURE (BASS VERSION WILL BE ALMOST THE SAME OUTER SHELL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back