TRINITY - PHANTOM Pro universal IEMs + completely wireless. Arriving 2016
Oct 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #16 of 308
Hmm mm, glad I stumbled across this. Very interested how these will compare with westone um pro50. Love those iems, but the build quality is making me look for another go to iem.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 308
  Can't believe I missed this thread ......

This one does have me quite excited.  Can't wait to hear the magic - especially WRT the Pures.

RIGHT!/!?!?!?!?!?!

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 308
So, @Bobtrinity, I am still wondering about that question I asked earlier. . .what will be the targeted sound-signature of these?  Will the "Bass Version" have the same kind of sound-signature, for the most part (with respect to frequency-response) as the Delta, with the default filter, while the Pure will be more neutral/flat?  Or will the "Bass Version" be BASSIER than the Delta?  Or what?

Oct 18, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #19 of 308
6 drivers for £250/$350? I thought it is impossible, because nowadays everyone wants $1000 for flagship.

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 308
So, @Bobtrinity
, I am still wondering about that question I asked earlier. . .what will be the targeted sound-signature of these?  Will the "Bass Version" have the same kind of sound-signature, for the most part (with respect to frequency-response) as the Delta, with the default filter, while the Pure will be more neutral/flat?  Or will the "Bass Version" be BASSIER than the Delta?  Or what?

When we have finished building the first prototypes and done some testing we will let you know.

Keep watching :)

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #23 of 308
When we have finished building the first prototypes and done some testing we will let you know.

Keep watching
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks man!
Not impossible, we are just not greedy.

And I've said before, that's why I frigging love you guys
biggrin.gif
  Thank you, Bob, for creating such wonderful and reasonably-priced products!  I compare these to the SE line of IEM's from Shure, for example, and can't help saying "wow, for a big, established audio manufacturer like Shure, those prodcuts SHURE are ridiculously overpriced if Trinity can afford to make what they do."
tongue.gif

I mean check it out.  Shure sells a FOUR-driver IEM for almost a thousand frigging dollars!  Haha.

Oct 18, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #24 of 308

Thanks man!

And I've said before, that's why I frigging love you guys
biggrin.gif
  Thank you, Bob, for creating such wonderful and reasonably-priced products!  I compare these to the SE line of IEM's from Shure, for example, and can't help saying "wow, for a big, established audio manufacturer like Shure, those prodcuts SHURE are ridiculously overpriced if Trinity can afford to make what they do."
tongue.gif

I mean check it out.  Shure sells a FOUR-driver IEM for almost a thousand frigging dollars!  Haha.

to be fair, its not just the number of drivers, they have a sophisticated cross over system and other tech in their SE846. Number of drivers don't always correlate better performance. (tho Shure is definitely charging a premium)

I do however applaud Bob for not going into this silly price war. It really is getting ridiculous at this point imho and its refreshing to see someone take a stand on it. Really keeping an eye on how the iems progress as I am looking for a replacement for my Sony Z5 
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #25 of 308

to be fair, its not just the number of drivers, they have a sophisticated cross over system and other tech in their SE846. Number of drivers don't always correlate better performance. (tho Shure is definitely charging a premium)

I do however applaud Bob for not going into this silly price war. It really is getting ridiculous at this point imho and its refreshing to see someone take a stand on it. Really keeping an eye on how the iems progress as I am looking for a replacement for my Sony Z5 
biggrin.gif

What's your opinion of the high-end Sony IEM's like the Z5?  I've been taking a look at them myself but have never had a chance to try them out.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #26 of 308
If this phone gets good reviews this will be my end game iem. Really looking forward to this one. Thanks bob

6 drivers for £250/$350? I thought it is impossible, because nowadays everyone wants $1000 for flagship.

biggrin.gif

So, this means nobody is interested in a potential Vsonic $20K earphone that was just reported about
tongue.gif

Hmmm. Vsonic vs. Trinity Audio over the last two years. Who has accomplished more??
wink_face.gif
Tired of them talking about hybrids that never show up, $1,600 earphones that were to see what they could do but never showed up nor were a serious production model and now another potential waste of time and resources on a ultra expensive flight of fancy that serves no real purpose other than delaying way too long overdue new flagships.

Just thinking about it a bit ago and how I had promise of Vsonic, years ago, giving us $300-ish flagships performance when they came with the GR07. That it would be even better from there but they never did what I thought and aren't going that direction.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #27 of 308

So, this means nobody is interested in a potential Vsonic $20K earphone that was just reported about
tongue.gif

Hmmm. Vsonic vs. Trinity Audio over the last two years. Who has accomplished more??
wink_face.gif
Tired of them talking about hybrids that never show up, $1,600 earphones that were to see what they could do but never showed up nor were a serious production model and now another potential waste of time and resources on a ultra expensive flight of fancy that serves no real purpose other than delaying way too long overdue new flagships.

Just thinking about it a bit ago and how I had promise of Vsonic, years ago, giving us $300-ish flagships performance when they came with the GR07. That it would be even better from there but they never did what I thought and aren't going that direction.

Here I thought the CEO was too busy buying ferraris to be making iems :p

20k??? What are they smoking? with their reputation for build quality/QC I wouldnt buy any v-sonic product worth over a hundred bucks. just my 2 cents (I am on my 2nd vsd3 and its barely holding together)

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #28 of 308
cool.gif
Now Yer Talkin'....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #29 of 308
cool.gif
Bob, Don't want you to give out any secrets, but HOW do you get sufficient bottom end into the Pures without any Dynamic Drivers? Typically BA's don't have much low end range.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #30 of 308
:cool: Bob, Don't want you to give out any secrets, but HOW do you get sufficient bottom end into the Pures without any Dynamic Drivers? Typically BA's don't have much low end range.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

That's true, but some designers are getting ba bass right. Westone um pro50 have amazing bass, some of the best I have heard in any headphone or earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back