Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #46 of 6,404
Quote:
>Firstly regarding custom fit versus universal fit issue. The picture below shows the customs with the TWFK located right at the tip of the IEM. This is our unique design that allows tuning without the hassle of sound tubing which will be required in the custom fit version to some degree
I actually asked about your customs not universal, but to clarify, you will use tubes and retune each custom depending on space volume and shape, or you will use tubes and errr do nothing about the varying cavity size D ?

I am sorry I missed that one entirely!

We would do what is necessary in tuning the cavity to maintain the sound signature, but by adding sound tubes from our experience, the sound will not be as balanced/ coherent sounding as universal fit. I hope that answers your question.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #47 of 6,404
Quote:
Are you're saying there - it's a pain to tune them with a different size chamber re dynamic driver inside
wink.gif
(to be honest, I wonder if UM retune them for each order :|, or maybe partially fill the body with acrylic for a roughly the same shape, or something... or nothing
biggrin.gif
)
=) makes sense. Thanks. I was waiting for TWFK + dynamic hybrid at a reasonable price to come out
frown.gif
. back to waiting
biggrin.gif

nope they won't do custom tuning for each merlin. one xo fits all.
in fact, I highly doubt the difference in sound between 2 custom iems exceeds that of universal which is caused by the peculiar shape of the middle ear.

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #49 of 6,404
Quote:
nope they won't do custom tuning for each merlin. one xo fits all.
in fact, I highly doubt the difference in sound between 2 custom iems exceeds that of universal which is caused by the peculiar shape of the middle ear.

Ooh now that is interesting. Have they given universal IEM prices? I was hoping for a $750 introductory CIEM price...

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #53 of 6,404
Svyr was saying how there Is finally a TWFK and dynamic combo. Merlin has 2 aha!

you misunderstood. i obviously meant one twfk + dynamic for a custom/universal.

didn't realize k3003 was twfk + dynamic. (or more specificaly twfk for mids and highs)

i was saying - i wish there was a reasonably priced 1 twfk + dynamic combo :wink: (5-600)

>We would do what is necessary in tuning the cavity to maintain the sound signature, but by adding sound tubes from our experience, the sound will not be as balanced/ coherent sounding as universal fit. I hope that answers your question.

I see, thanks.

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #54 of 6,404
Quote:
you misunderstood. i obviously meant one twfk + dynamic for a custom/universal.
didn't realize k3003 was twfk + dynamic. (or more specificaly twfk for mids and highs)
i was saying - i wish there was a reasonably priced 1 twfk + dynamic combo
wink.gif
(5-600)

Oh okay, fair enough and yes K3003 is TWFK, The merlin can be had these days for near that price and has 2 TWFk and a dynamic so can be done.

But i get what your saying

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #56 of 6,404
UNLOCKED! ..Yeh I think it would be worth it. I might give both a try. I emailed the Traslucent Audio rep and I think they said that although the Triad L3 is on "another level" apparently (they sell the Triad also) the T1 performs remarkably well for the price. It was tuned with the philosophy that it sounds "as real music should sound". And being portable and for such a reasonable price - I want to test this out. 

EDIT: put in actual quotes from email 

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #57 of 6,404
Quote:
UNLOCKED! ..Yeh I think it would be worth it. I might give both a try. I emailed the Traslucent Audio rep and I think they said that although the Triad L3 is on "another level" apparently (they sell the Triad also) the T1 performs remarkably well for the price. It was tuned with the philosophy that it sounds "as real music should sound". And being portable and for such a reasonable price - I want to test this out. 

EDIT: put in actual quotes from email 

I'll be demoing the Triad in the near future so I'll be glad to leave some impressions (possibly a review on it too :wink:.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #58 of 6,404
Quote:
So is the amp worth it...since for $229 (assuming the post before is correct) i'm willing to try some good stuff

That's a subjective thing. It will come down to weather you think it is worth it or not. I personally do think the T1 amp is worth that price FWIW. Otherwise I wouldn't be selling my O2 to fund it :p lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back