Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #17 of 6,404
wait, is it a typo or the name is actually "tralucent"? Shouldn't it be translucent?

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #18 of 6,404
Quote:
wait, is it a typo or the name is actually "tralucent"? Shouldn't it be translucent?

According to the amplifier logo on the OP, it's really Tralucent Audio... 
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #21 of 6,404
I had a listen to these as well. I'm not clear if they were designed to be customs or made-to-order universals, because I got the impression it was possible to order a universal fit option like the demo unit, with custom faceplates?

The sound itself I thought was impressive. Quite a rich and coherent sound, good headspace and detailed but non-fatiguing highs. It actually reminded me of the ASG without being cloudy and cavernous. If the price is for a custom, that's understandable. If the price was for a universal fit then it seemed very high considering they were a bit large and unwieldy, especially against their logical competitors the K3003 (and upcoming GR08).

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #22 of 6,404
a-recording they are intended to be customs. The demo units are just universal fit versions. But I do see it possible for many to opt for the universal fit for other reasons (that doesn't mean the price will come down considerably as this is their flagship IEM). You get what you pay for :).

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #24 of 6,404
just talked to the sales rep, who in turn has had a chat with the maker. According to him (maker/) these iems will sound better with the universal option, and also the prices he has quoted to me seem a bit expensive, compared to say heir's universal options. YMMV

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #26 of 6,404
Quote:
just talked to the sales rep, who in turn has had a chat with the maker. According to him (maker/) these iems will sound better with the universal option, and also the prices he has quoted to me seem a bit expensive, compared to say heir's universal options. YMMV

amader7 you have to keep in mind this is their flagship IEM. It would be like expecting the Heir 8A in a universal form to be the price of the 3 or 4Ai :) More drivers does not always equate to better quality. If anything the introductory pricing is still significantly cheaper than it will cost at full retail once they are established ($1000.00+). YMWV.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #27 of 6,404
oh yes, i understand that, but when i said price, i was referring to a custom vs a universal. I was thinking that a universal version would cost less than a custom, That is all.

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #28 of 6,404
Quote:
oh yes, i understand that, but when i said price, i was referring to a custom vs a universal. I was thinking that a universal version would cost less than a custom, That is all.

I understand where you are coming from on that but in this case I don't think that will make a huge difference in pricing if any. Now in that case if the pricing isn't too big of a difference and you still did want to opt for a universal I'd say get your impressions done and they could work with those to make your universal fit your ears even better. It would be a win win I think (your resale value will be higher than a custom and others can test out your unit). I didn't know the universal would sound better than the custom? That's news to me....

Update from the owner: "I think a point of note that I would high light is that every 1plus2 hybrid is handmade as per order and not batch made. Reason that no charge are necessary if one wants customs as they are made the same way." Hopefully that helps you all.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #30 of 6,404
The amp should be available as soon as their site is up. So I'd say by the 28th they should most likely be available for purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back