Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #527 of 6,404
Quote:
Yes Gavin has requested my sending back the demo pair I have. It's actually the high driver after listening to it again that failed on me. 

Hopefully the guys in line won't mind too much since it seems now we're dealing with even bigger monster of an IEM to put our grubby hands on. I'm impressed with what the 1+2 rev1 does, so I can't wait until I get to hear the 1+2 rev2.

I think you doing a good deed for those rest in line anyway so the IEMs can be enjoyed to their fullest from the get go (since it is all burnt in). 

So rev2 means revision 2? So in fact this is the 3rd incarnation of the IEM? I was under the impression it is the 2nd. Perhaps call it like 1Plus2 V2 (version 2s) to avoid confusion (maybe it's just me). 

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #528 of 6,404
I think Peter of Double Helix modded his HD800 with solid core silver internal wiring before?

Anyways, it's a nice touch; perhaps not necessarily essential, but a nice touch nonetheless. Tralucent is at least showing attention to detail that they easily could ignore. For example, their cables at least have their own branding on their Y-splits and 3.5mm plugs. They're using right angle pin connectors. Normally, HK/China-based companies just use those silly "UE" connectors, and that's just ugly.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #529 of 6,404
Quote:

I think you doing a good deed for those rest in line anyway so the IEMs can be enjoyed to their fullest from the get go (since it is all burnt in). 

So rev2 means revision 2? So in fact this is the 3rd incarnation of the IEM? I was under the impression it is the 2nd. Perhaps call it like 1Plus2 V2 (version 2s) to avoid confusion (maybe it's just me). 

I think when they say rev2 it means its the second model made although when you really think of it from a literal term it don't make sense either lol. Second revision in a literal term should mean the third version as you said lol :). But at least from what I heard they did turn the Tralucents somewhat even before I go the first pair so it could go both ways :p.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #530 of 6,404
Quote:
I think Peter of Double Helix modded his HD800 with solid core silver internal wiring before?

Anyways, it's a nice touch; perhaps not necessarily essential, but a nice touch nonetheless. Tralucent is at least showing attention to detail that they easily could ignore. For example, their cables at least have their own branding on their Y-splits and 3.5mm plugs. They're using right angle pin connectors. Normally, HK/China-based companies just use those silly "UE" connectors, and that's just ugly.

You never know tomscy silver cable does make a noticeable affect on sound to my ears at least. Now imagine them applying silver to all the internal parts and such so there is no weak link in the chain; I feel this will have an even more profound affect on the sound.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #531 of 6,404
Quote:
You never know tomscy silver cable does make a noticeable affect on sound to my ears at least. Now imagine them applying silver to all the internal parts and such so there is no weak link in the chain; I feel this will have an even more profound affect on the sound.

I'm not going against you; all I'm saying is that it's not absolutely essential.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #533 of 6,404
Quote:
Especially if you burn it in for 300h
popcorn.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.
Hypothetically speaking, if you had 2 units with 2 cables connected to a switch (to easier switch between them, or without it - plug/unplug, if you're going to say it affects sound quality). Would you be willing to tape up the cables so they're indistinguishable to touch/blindfold self and on a volume matched test (if vol matching is required) check whether you're not imagining those, and in fact can't reliably tell the difference (roughly 50/50 selection rate on multiple trials) because you form certain expectations about the sound from the cable price, look and materials used/ vendor claims
biggrin.gif
?
and if you want to argue you're immune to cognitive biases, AES has a nice section on it, where even the snr engineers admit it's unconscious and only blind testing will save you (not literally blind
biggrin.gif
)
wink.gif

or have a hypothetical exercise in logic - if internal wiring or say not unobtainium IEM socket/plug quality is a limiting factor, that would in fact mean that people reporting cable differences are widely overstating impact of cables because of the limiting factor being the socket/plug/wiring.
Man, seriously....Just some things on this forum that people hypothesise or claim as fact ....
what's next, we're going to put thick gold core cables into IEMs for wiring and claim they're amazing?

I have done blind testing with my cables for the IE80s and gone back and forward expensively trying to find a reason to not keep the cable. I can catch the differences quite easily. Fact is when I end up going back to the regular cable I am underwhelmed by the sound. That has not changed. Also with LODs I can go back and forward between silver cable and copper wire and depending on which set up I use it with I may prefer one over the other, synergy. For instance using the T1 with the DX100 on my IE80s I much prefer using the Copper LOD. Using the Silver one gives a metallic and fatiguing sound. Just listening for a couple songs I get fatigued and tired of listening while on the Copper LOD I can listen for hours. Now if you don't believe in the cables having any affect on the sound well good for you. I think otherwise as I've experienced it for myself. I'd love to have stuck to all stock cables and kept things simple. I don't mind saving money and in that regard I am also quite critical. But it does have an impact on the sound for my IEMs and sources and I'm always looking to get that bit of extra sound quality out of my gear :).

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #534 of 6,404
Quote:

I say someone sends an email Gavin's way and request the name of the IEM be changed to the Tralucent Beast From The East. The name has a rather nice ring to it lol. On a side note, considering this revamped IEM is all silver wiring plus upgraded drivers do I want to even dare to guess what the new MSRP could be.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #536 of 6,404
Hi everyone,
Has anyone here tried to make a comparison between HD 650 and this IEM?

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #539 of 6,404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back