Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #496 of 6,404
I also want to add that it is very easy to get crappy sound by just improperly twisting the iems - possibly no longer creating a good seal and in one case losing all bass presence! Thought something had suddenly screwed up on me. Bit of a pain when you are trying to swap out phones for comparison since it takes a short while for your ears to get used to IEMs. 

Had a quick roll with JVC M and L also (usually L is not good for long periods of time - will test this later). Can't tell which I prefer between these and the stock Tralucent silicons in M. Tried Complys - unfortunately all that is said about the treble being muffled is true but created a nice seal so bass was slightly accentuated. I might try and remove the wax protection/cover inside the complys to see if it makes a difference...

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #497 of 6,404
I use the large single flange tips from JVC. Honestly not really sure if they are true JVC tips but they do wonders for my ears on both my IE80s and Tralucents. It brings the most balance between all three frequencies on both IEMs for me. I noticed though you have to use them for a while and they will wear in to fit your ear even better. Once this starts happening you'll notice they are shinny and sleek instead of the rubbery feel that have when brand new. This is when they really do their magic :).

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #498 of 6,404
Yeh the original Tralucent whites were getting a bit *cough shiny...have you ever used olive oil or anything to help soften them up and 'wear them in' or do you just let the ears do their thing?

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #499 of 6,404
Quote:
Yeh the original Tralucent whites were getting a bit *cough shiny...have you ever used olive oil or anything to help soften them up and 'wear them in' or do you just let the ears do their thing?

Well to be honest nk77 I've only experienced this with these particular JVC tips I bought from ebay (same ones I ordered from amazon.com a long time ago). On my V-moda tips it's not really the same. I don't use any sort of oil though on the tips. Just the oil naturally from my ears at least concerning the JVC tips. Did I point you to the link where I got them from? I didn't like the TF10 large flanges provided by Tralucent. They don't do the sound justice at all.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #500 of 6,404
Well, when I say the 1+2's vocals are not upfront by any means, this is in contrast to the ES5 and the LCD2, both being vocal oriented. Hmm...

I'm currently burning in my DHC Symbiote SE that I got fixed and just arrived in the mail today. These cables do wonders for vocals, so I have high hopes. I will let you guys know when they're finished burning in in a couple days.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #503 of 6,404
I suggest you guys contact them directly to find out more info. They are limited on what they can say on this thread. Keep that in mind.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #506 of 6,404
Nice the thread is unlocked. Well looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions. However I was notified that GG's demo pair had a failure with the mid driver. So things will be a bit delayed on that regard.

However on a plus note Tralucent has taken the feedback from people who have demoed their units and decided to update their 1Plus2 model. The updated model supposedly is significantly more detailed and resolving than before. The comments where made in comparison to the HD800 and being even more detailed than this monster of a phone. So this is very exciting and I really look forward to hearing this for myself. Tralucent has also updated the dynamic drivers to high end ones. So the bass should be of higher quality, more impact while still being very well controlled. The mids are also slightly more upfront than previously and are a bit thicker. The sound stage is about the same size but placement within that sound stage is noticeably improved. So let's see if this turns out to be as good as I'm hoping. So far I haven't been disappointed and am looking forward to hearing these improvements. Also if you are wondering, yes an updated pair will be sent to GG for the tour :).

gs1000.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #510 of 6,404
Quote:
Like the phoenix reborn from the flames. Or turning a lemon into lemonade.
beerchug.gif

A Mandarin turning into an orange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back