Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #543 of 6,404
Quote:
I have done blind testing with my cables for the IE80s and gone back and forward expensively trying to find a reason to not keep the cable. I can catch the differences quite easily. Fact is when I end up going back to the regular cable I am underwhelmed by the sound. That has not changed. Also with LODs I can go back and forward between silver cable and copper wire and depending on which set up I use it with I may prefer one over the other, synergy. For instance using the T1 with the DX100 on my IE80s I much prefer using the Copper LOD. Using the Silver one gives a metallic and fatiguing sound. Just listening for a couple songs I get fatigued and tired of listening while on the Copper LOD I can listen for hours. Now if you don't believe in the cables having any affect on the sound well good for you. I think otherwise as I've experienced it for myself. I'd love to have stuck to all stock cables and kept things simple. I don't mind saving money and in that regard I am also quite critical. But it does have an impact on the sound for my IEMs and sources and I'm always looking to get that bit of extra sound quality out of my gear :).

I'm using the silver/copper LOD with the ipods since I am poor and cannot yet afford the DX100...
frown.gif
. Have pity on me Lee and buy me one...(this hasn't got old yet has it?)

kind of hoping the revised 1plus2 can surprass the 334 to be the best universal iem so I can save 500$ 
biggrin.gif

Lol probably best to avoid subject terms like 'best' in these forums although it always seems like it cannot be avoided. But I do understand why you ask! 
L3000.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #544 of 6,404
That is a good point, I guess what I am hoping for is that they will be on about the same tier or level of performance etc. then the 1plus2 will look like a bargain when seen with the 334 :rolleyes:

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #546 of 6,404
Quote:
That is a good point, I guess what I am hoping for is that they will be on about the same tier or level of performance etc. then the 1plus2 will look like a bargain when seen with the 334
rolleyes.gif

For what it's worth I already find the older version of the 1Plus2 to be better than the AKG3003s and on the listening session I had with Saraguie I did not prefer his 334s to my Tralucents. Maybe I'll be able to borrow a pair off of someone to do further comparisons but so far I'm quite happy with my Tralucents. I'm even wondering if I'll prefer their new model to my current :). We'll see :p.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #547 of 6,404
Lee, did you listen to 334's from the older batch? Heard that in the new batch of 334's there are changes, including a better extended treble and increased transparency, several people have stated this in the 334 thread. Guess there will need to be a showdown between the revised versions of both. :popcorn:

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #548 of 6,404
Quote:
Lee, did you listen to 334's from the older batch? Heard that in the new batch of 334's there are changes, including a better extended treble and increased transparency, several people have stated this in the 334 thread. Guess there will need to be a showdown between the revised versions of both.
popcorn.gif

Saraguis pair is from the newer batch. As I said earlier I didn't find the treble to be lacking at all to my ears. It was even a bit hot up top for my preferences (this was using silicone tips).

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #549 of 6,404
Quote:
Saraguis pair is from the newer batch. As I said earlier I didn't find the treble to be lacking at all to my ears. It was even a bit hot up top for my preferences (this was using silicone tips).

I gather from this then that you feel your 1plus2 is not a bright as the current 334's?

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #550 of 6,404
Quote:
I gather from this then that you feel your 1plus2 is not a bright as the current 334's?

Yep. Detail is there but treble is smoother on the Tralucents (non fatiguing). Not a big difference either just the 334s seemed a little hot. What was really different is the presentation in general. The Fit ears are very in your head in comparison. Mostly focused on depth while the Tralucents has a lot of width and depth (feels more like full size headphones). 334 sound is very compacted, same with bass. Very thick. Tralucents bass is also thick but more controlled. It has more body and presence to it. The 334s mids are a bit more intimate I felt. The Tralucents mids more open.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #551 of 6,404
Hey guys,

I've been listening to the 1Plus2 demo unit for a bit now, and on more extended listening, it doesn't sound like a driver actually failed, but just imbalance. I'm not too sure as to why or how it happened, but the manufacturer is suspecting it's because of extended wear due to burn in. I don't agree because I don't burn my gear in continuously 24/7. My burn-in file has rest breaks, and I only leave them burning in over night, and sometimes through school, which comes out to be around 12 hours max per day.

The treble, mids, and bass are all there, but the mids and treble sound very recessed... Imbalance. Tricky, mislead me to believe a driver failed, but nope. Sorry :)

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #553 of 6,404
Quote:
Did anyone else get an email concerning the new demo models being delayed a few extra days?

Yes, it looked like it was sent to everyone on the tour list.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #555 of 6,404
Quote:
Hey guys,

I've been listening to the 1Plus2 demo unit for a bit now, and on more extended listening, it doesn't sound like a driver actually failed, but just imbalance. I'm not too sure as to why or how it happened, but the manufacturer is suspecting it's because of extended wear due to burn in. I don't agree because I don't burn my gear in continuously 24/7. My burn-in file has rest breaks, and I only leave them burning in over night, and sometimes through school, which comes out to be around 12 hours max per day.

The treble, mids, and bass are all there, but the mids and treble sound very recessed... Imbalance. Tricky, mislead me to believe a driver failed, but nope. Sorry :)

Something gotta be wrong with it then lol. Did you always hear them like this? I don't find mine to be that way at all.... One thing I did notice which was strange... Was after using them for quite a while I cannot use an impedance adapter on it or it will cause an imbalance as you had said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back