Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #361 of 6,404
Quote:
I used to roll tips with my old Audio Technica CK10 in ears. I'll try a triple flange, and then a dual flange, and report back soon. It's just that the flanges will create a soundtube, which is counter-intuitive to the design of the 1Plus2...

If you have some spare tri flanges lying around that you don't mind losing you might try snipping half the top tip off. Sometimes that works quite well depending on the IEM and will maybe make that sound tube small enough to pair well with the 1p2.

Whoa this thread has really come alive over the last 20 minutes lol.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #362 of 6,404
Quote:

Yeh I have to admit I am getting too excited by every criticism (positive or negative) and have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. That is to say that everyone's ears are different and may not hear the same thing. But I am still enjoying these impressions.

Funny I did read somewhere about these comply tips muffling the treble - 2 days after purchasing a set. If that is true I might also get some of Lee's suggestions or the famous sony hybrid tips to try.... So that's what they are called - triple flanges. I always called them tree tops.

I'll try out the Sony Hybrids if I can get them to fit but I have my doubts they will do the sound good on these. I don't even find the Hybrids appropriate on my MDR-7550s. It constricts the sound stage. Making it appear wide yes but very shallow in height. Doesn't feel natural and takes away from the 3D sound I'd get using a pair of V-moda bass tips instead.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #363 of 6,404
Quote:
If you have some spare tri flanges lying around that you don't mind losing you might try snipping half the top tip off. Sometimes that works quite well depending on the IEM.

Whoa this thread has really come alive over the last 20 minutes lol.

AM the center of attention obviously 
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #364 of 6,404
Why don't we make this easier and have you send over your 1Plus2, T1, silver cables, and DX100 over to me? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I'll try out the Sony Hybrids if I can get them to fit but I have my doubts they will do the sound good on these. I don't even find the Hybrids appropriate on my MDR-7550s. It constricts the sound stage. Making it appear wide yes but very shallow in height. Doesn't feel natural and takes away from the 3D sound I'd get using a pair of V-moda bass tips instead.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #366 of 6,404
Large Single Flange TF10 Tips: Ok guys using the stock TF10 tips provided by Tralucent on this pair (large single flange gray). The sound stage seems to be a bit bigger with these. The treble is more aggressive, still not sibilant but approaching it. The mids also have a slight bite to it. Bass seems to be further back. Still a pretty nice presentation but still not to my liking as much as the JVC large silicone tips. I can see these being more fatiguing though if I use them for a longer period of time..... Now I'll move to the V-moda Bass tips

V-Moda Bass Tips: Ok the V-moda bass tips may actually bring the most balance to the sound between the bass, mids and treble. At least it appears that way to my ears. I could actually live with these tips if my JVC magically grew legs :wink:. Definitely not giving me a hint of fatigue, can turn up volume a bit more as well :). Now to the JVC tips.

JVC Large Silicone Tips: Hmm.... Seems to be more air within the sound stage. Treble appears more airy. The mid range is more so focused in the center of the sound stage. I find them to be a bit forward but not as upfront as the RE262 or W3000 ANVs. Doesn't appear recessed to my ears. Bass is very well controlled. The presence is still there. This is where the sound is at for my ears.... GG and Planx you both have a point regarding the T1 Amp. It does add more bass to the sound. Going back and forward between the DX100 line out and to the full size jack. On certain tracks due to that extra bass it can be problematic.

Sony Hybrid Tips: Ok the mids are quite upfront with these tips. Thing is the sound stage is just too compressed also causing the bass to have too much impact. Treble can also get overbearing on certain tracks. Also sounds like the treble is mixing together instead of having air to it. I can see some liking this presentation however. On certain tracks this could work pretty well but not a one tip fits all solution IMO. Just don't think it's my cup of tea.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #369 of 6,404
Quote:
YES?????????????????

Does tip rolling = changing tips or is it a procedure?

Tip rolling means you swap out the existing tips ,for instance foamies, for a completely different set of tips like say a dual or tri flange

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #371 of 6,404
May have to get me one of those.

Quote:

JVC Large Silicone Tips: Hmm.... Seems to be more air within the sound stage. Treble appears more airy. The mid range is more so focused in the center of the sound stage. I find them to be a bit forward but not as upfront as the RE262 or W3000 ANVs. Doesn't appear recessed to my ears. Bass is very well controlled. The presence is still there. This is where the sound is at for my ears.... GG and Planx you both have a point regarding the T1 Amp. It does add more bass to the sound. Going back and forward between the DX100 line out and to the full size jack. On certain tracks due to that extra bass it can be problematic.

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #372 of 6,404
Quote:
Why don't we make this easier and have you send over your 1Plus2, T1, silver cables, and DX100 over to me? 
biggrin.gif

lol because I could not be without my precious....
very_evil_smiley.gif
I got my JVC tips from an ebay seller in the UK. He sells a set of 8 for around $6.00 including shipping. I got the black tips as they are the ones I got previously from another seller and worked the best for me. Not so sure about the other colors to be honest. The black tips should actually appear very glossy and contour to your ears once you wear them in for a bit. They look rubbery at first but will be very slick once the oils from your ears coats them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-x-Compatible-With-JVC-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-In-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350597813614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item51a142156e

He has small and medium sizes available on his store page.

Also the V-moda bass tips from amazon. Dirt cheap but the shipping is a rip :wink:. They have small and large. Not so sure about medium. You'd have to contact the seller regarding that. These tips seem to bring the most balance between all 3 frequencies.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349077667&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=v-moda+bass+tipos

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #373 of 6,404
Does this mean extra time with the 1P2 due to shipping of these tips? 
evil_smiley.gif

I better get reimbursed for these tips :p
Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif
I got my JVC tips from an ebay seller in the UK. He sells a set of 8 for around $6.00 including shipping. I got the black tips as they are the ones I got previously from another seller and worked the best for me. Not so sure about the other colors to be honest. The black tips should actually appear very glossy and contour to your ears once you wear them in for a bit. They look rubbery at first but will be very slick once the oils from your ears coats them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-x-Compatible-With-JVC-Ear-Bud-Gel-Tips-In-Various-Colours-Size-Large-/350597813614?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item51a142156e

Also the V-moda bass tips from amazon. Dirt cheap but the shipping is a rip :wink:. They have small and large. Not so sure about medium. You'd have to contact the seller regarding that. These tips seem to bring the most balance between all 3 frequencies.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349077667&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=v-moda+bass+tipos

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #374 of 6,404

Quote:
May have to get me one of those.

Lol I just did. Got the JVC and the V-modas for comparison with the Tralucent ones.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Got the clear ones. Didn't think colour would make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back