Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #376 of 6,404
Quote:

Lol I just did. Got the JVC and the V-modas for comparison with the Tralucent ones.

Got the clear ones. Didn't think colour would make a difference.

I figured just to be on the safe side. Not sure if the other colors may be a different material. I know a different material will result in a different fit and sound.... I'm not really sure what Tralucent normally supplies with the 1Plus2 (if they even include tips....).

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #377 of 6,404
Quote:
I figured just to be on the safe side. Not sure if the other colors may be a different material. I know a different material will result in a different fit and sound.... I'm not really sure what Tralucent normally supplies with the 1Plus2 (if they even include tips....).

They do include tips - S/M/L/XL normal ones like the JVCs apparently. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #378 of 6,404
Quote:
Why don't we make this easier and have you send over your 1Plus2, T1, silver cables, and DX100 over to me? 
biggrin.gif

Keep hounding Lee for the DX100 Girls Generation (see I used your whole name unlike a certain someone lol). I'm sure Lee will break down sooner or later and just buy us one each!

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #379 of 6,404
Quote:

They do include tips - S/M/L/XL normal ones like the JVCs apparently. 

Well they never sent me a set of tips besides the TF10 pair...
tongue.gif
devil_face.gif

I'm really becoming more and more infatuate with the DX100 just through its full-size headphone jack. It's really good :). Before I was always using an amp with it while at home and now I'm more apt to just use it without an amp. Love how well the full-size jack takes control of the sound. The 3.5 is a bit more fun and has less control/separation. This makes for a versatile unit when moods change :p.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #380 of 6,404
So the V-MODA bass/ V-MODA vibe duo tips bring the mids more forward and gets rid of some mid-bass that creeps into the mids. It in turn makes it every so slightly less punchy but just a touch, literally just a touch. Since the mids are more forward now, the stock tips sound a bit more spacious in general.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #381 of 6,404
Quote:
So the V-MODA bass/ V-MODA vibe duo tips bring the mids more forward and gets rid of some mid-bass that creeps into the mids. It in turn makes it every so slightly less punchy but just a touch, literally just a touch. Since the mids are more forward now, the stock tips sound a bit more spacious in general.

So you agree then? :). Those subtle differences for me can add up to a large difference and can make or break synergy.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #382 of 6,404
It'd extremely hard to tell at the moment though, it's SO subtle... I could only really tell by having one tip on one side and another on the other side. :p

Synergy is so much better with the O2 at the moment. I blame the silver/gold cable.
Quote:
So you agree then? :). Those subtle differences for me can add up to a large difference and can make or break synergy.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #383 of 6,404
lol :D FWIW when my original cable broke I tried using my cruddy TF10 cable with it.... It was a horrible muddy mess....

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #385 of 6,404
Quote:
lol :D FWIW when my original cable broke I tried using my cruddy TF10 cable with it.... It was a horrible muddy mess....

Makes me wonder what possessed a company like UE to finalize a flagship IEM with such crap cables. Considering Jerry Harvey was still around at the time I'm even more surprised. Supposedly he's a stickler for the fine details One of these days I really should give JH Audio a shot.
----------------------------------------------------------
Since we're all infatuated with the DX100 I vote we all chip in a few bones and hire a team of ninja's to get lee's DX and send it out on tour.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #386 of 6,404
Well you'd think with all the engineering that went into creating the ES5 and their sound, they'd use a good cable for maximum transparency. Nope, they use the crappiest cables that sound like complete crap, muffles the hell out of the sound.
Quote:
Makes me wonder what possessed a company like UE to finalize a flagship IEM with such crap cables. Considering Jerry Harvey was still around at the time I'm even more surprised. Supposedly he's a stickler for the fine details One of these days I really should give JH Audio a shot.
Since we're all infatuated with the DX100 I vote we all chip in a few bones and hire a team of ninja's to get lee's DX and send it out on tour.

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #387 of 6,404
Quote:

Sorry dude.......Gotta protect my Brudda.....us Hawaiians gotta stick together.
Lee, I think you should entrust the DX100 to me for safe keeping. I'll make sure to keep everybody's grubby paws off (cept mine of course).

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #388 of 6,404
Quote:
Well you'd think with all the engineering that went into creating the ES5 and their sound, they'd use a good cable for maximum transparency. Nope, they use the crappiest cables that sound like complete crap, muffles the hell out of the sound.

So lets say you had not changed your ES5 cables would you have kept them? Just curious?

Good luck with those ninjas, you'll be up against natural instinct :p.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #390 of 6,404
Been lurking in the thread for a while until I saw the cables part. I just got my UE IERM. Just want to ask that, if I change its cable, wouldn't I change its perfectly neutral sound signatures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back