Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #331 of 6,404
Thanks to all for those impressions. I am somewhat dissapointed regarding the silver/gold comment since that is the cable that I ordered! i was hoping the gold would carry the bass and mids better and the treble sparkle available from the silver combo. I am quite surprised.

And shame that you think the bass is bleeding into the mids. I'm all about mids as well which is partly the reason why I had my Shure SE535s in the first place. 

Hey GG if you have the Westone ES5s I am led to believe the 1plus2 has the same pins as the Westone/JH ones so maybe you could try one of your burnt in cables as well? Just for comparison I suppose...Not sure if this is allowed...

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #332 of 6,404
I will when I get the cables back from repair :p
Quote:
Hey GG if you have the Westone ES5s I am led to believe the 1plus2 has the same pins as the Westone/JH ones so maybe you could try one of your burnt in cables as well? Just for comparison I suppose...Not sure if this is allowed...

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #333 of 6,404
Quote:
Thanks to all for those impressions. I am somewhat dissapointed regarding the silver/gold comment since that is the cable that I ordered! i was hoping the gold would carry the bass and mids better and the treble sparkle available from the silver combo. I am quite surprised.

And shame that you think the bass is bleeding into the mids. I'm all about mids as well which is partly the reason why I had my Shure SE535s in the first place. 

If you're all about the mids, you might need to give the 1P2 a GOOD listen before confirming your purchase. Again, my standards for glorious mids are quite high so my impressions may come out a bit extreme to some users. I'm sure this may all change with a cable swap, but until then, I can't say for sure.

Instead of the cables they provide, I would seriously look into an aftermarket cable if you're serious with the 1P2. Something like the DHC Symbiote.

What luck huh? GG's ES5 DHC's cable pin broke on him so we couldn't use any other cable with the 1P2. I was too oblivious to bring my Westone cable as well so that's my bad...

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #334 of 6,404
Quote:

Have they sent out your order yet? If not maybe you can have that portion changed? Not sure if that is possible or not... Then again we'll have to see if the cable does fix the issue for them.

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #335 of 6,404
Quote:

If you're all about the mids, you might need to give the 1P2 a GOOD listen before confirming your purchase. Again, my standards for glorious mids are quite high so my impressions may come out a bit extreme to some users. I'm sure this may all change with a cable swap, but until then, I can't say for sure.

Instead of the cables they provide, I would seriously look into an aftermarket cable if you're serious with the 1P2. Something like the DHC Symbiote.

What luck huh? GG's ES5 DHC's cable pin broke on him so we couldn't use any other cable with the 1P2. I was too oblivious to bring my Westone cable as well so that's my bad...

Got excited and even asked them to even make me a Stereo RCA to 3.5mm jack interconnect using the silver/gold stuff. Maybe more burn in on the speakers you reckon or won't make a difference??? Do you have the DHC Symbiote for comparison?

Quote:
Have they sent out your order yet? If not maybe you can have that portion changed? Not sure if that is possible or not... Then again we'll have to see if the cable does fix the issue for them.

Hmm yeh order should be sent by end of the week. I could ask if Tralucent could hold off for me...but everything is paid for! Have they sent out the silver cables already Planx and/or GirlsGeneration?

Sep 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #336 of 6,404
Quote:

Got excited and even asked them to even make me a Stereo RCA to 3.5mm jack interconnect using the silver/gold stuff. Maybe more burn in on the speakers you reckon or won't make a difference??? Do you have the DHC Symbiote for comparison?

Hmm yeh order should be sent by end of the week. I could ask if Tralucent could hold off for me...but everything is paid for! Have they sent out the silver cables already Planx and/or GirlsGeneration?

No, but I will be getting one soon. But that doesn't matter because once DHC receives GG's cable for repair, Peter will most likely ship both of our cables together to save shipping costs? I forgot our little plan we had. I feel that more burn-in won't make a significant difference. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But definitely not going to be a night/day difference.

Idk if they sent a cable to GG because I just joined the 1P2 thread a few days ago.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #337 of 6,404
Quote:

No, but I will be getting one soon. But that doesn't matter because once DHC receives GG's cable for repair, Peter will most likely ship both of our cables together to save shipping costs? I forgot our little plan we had. I feel that more burn-in won't make a significant difference. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But definitely not going to be a night/day difference.

Idk if they sent a cable to GG because I just joined the 1P2 thread a few days ago.

Yeh figured as much about the burn in - was hopeful but didn't think there would be (like you said) a night/day difference. But I will still wait on GG who I believe mentioned earlier that he would test the amp (and cables?) a week from now after even more burn in. Fingers crossed still. 

FYI, I figured what I was trying to get from these IEMs - slightly warm sound, engaging mids (for my vocals both in body and upfront), NO sibilance since this I don't like also, and deep, rich, impactful bass. Btw could you characterise the sound signature of the 1plus2 in your words Planx and/or GG?. You mentioned the bass, slightly forward treble, and GG mentioned slight V mids - does that make it somewhat of a 'W' lol?

@GirlsGeneration: I'm guessing Peter is from DHC but have Tralucent Audio sent out silver/copper cables?

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #338 of 6,404
Quote:
FYI, I figured what I was trying to get from these IEMs - slightly warm sound, engaging mids (for my vocals both in body and upfront), NO sibilance since this I don't like also, and deep, rich, impactful bass. Btw could you characterise the sound signature of the 1plus2 in your words Planx and/or GG?. You mentioned the bass, slightly forward treble, and GG mentioned slight V mids - does that make it somewhat of a 'W' lol?

I would say quite warm, not slightly. Mids weren't so engaging for me or GG, it was "GOOD" at best and definitely not upfront. Like I mentioned, sibilance was noticeable on the 1P2, while it wasn't with the PFE232 and K3003i. The bass was VERY impressive. Deep, impactful, and VERY fun.

1P2 in my words. V shape. EXCELLENT bass, "good" mids (a bit too heavy and a bit muffled for my tastes), and somewhat spiky lower treble (sibilance?)? Overall, a VERY fun sounding IEM.
BASS: 5/5 MIDS: 3.5/5 TREBLE 4/5.

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #339 of 6,404
Quote:
Took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. Literally right out. K3003i just doesn't have any "signature" sound to it. It's just a very well-rounded IEM with very impressive packaging and accessories. I just wished they were over-ear, not just straight down.

Here they are worn over the ear. Not sure if this is what you meant?

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #340 of 6,404
Quote:
Here they are worn over the ear. Not sure if this is what you meant?

You can wear them upwards, but I think what GG was meaning to say is they were "designed" for downwards use (as shown in your picture with AKG upside down 
wink.gif
)

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #341 of 6,404
It's holiday week in China so Traluscent should be able to hold your order. I'm burning them in as I speak, but I'm skeptical the sound will change any further. Further, I'm not getting the silver cables from Traluscent until holidays are over.

I will test out copper with the 1plus2, it should be quite a different sound from the silver and silver/gold cable. The sound is a shallow V, and I wouldn't call the treble sibilant, they have a bite to it, but not the shimmer. Sibilance can be due to each person's ears, and the recording itself. Perception of sibilance is different, but I believe without any sibilance, the treble will sound muffled, just like stock cables+ES5. The mids are not prominent as the K3003i which is very forward. Again, I will have to test different cables to give you a final verdict for the mids with the 1Plus2, but it's still no way near what the ES5 does with mids. I expected this, so I'm not disappointed either.
Quote:

Yeh figured as much about the burn in - was hopeful but didn't think there would be (like you said) a night/day difference. But I will still wait on GG who I believe mentioned earlier that he would test the amp (and cables?) a week from now after even more burn in. Fingers crossed still. 

@GirlsGeneration: I'm guessing Peter is from DHC but have Tralucent Audio sent out silver/copper cables?

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #343 of 6,404
Quote:

You can wear them upwards, but I think what GG was meaning to say is they were "designed" for downwards use (as shown in your picture with AKG upside down 
wink.gif
)

I can see where it might make a difference for the fit. Sound should have no bearing. Looking at the pix with them 'upside-down' you can see part of the shell that might
prevent a good seal.

I have to say, I'm getting jealous of you calling Girl Generation 'GG' That is my wife's nick named used by her entire family (all brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews) and
even me sometimes. Just watch it 
ksc75smile.gif
 LOL

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #344 of 6,404
Quote:
I can see where it might make a difference for the fit. Sound should have no bearing. Looking at the pix with them 'upside-down' you can see part of the shell that might
prevent a good seal.

I have to say, I'm getting jealous of you calling Girl Generation 'GG' That is my wife's nick named used by her entire family (all brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews) and
even me sometimes. Just watch it 
ksc75smile.gif
 LOL

Haha I just get lazy and GG doesn't deserve my effort to say out his entire HF name 
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #345 of 6,404
Quote:
It's holiday week in China so Traluscent should be able to hold your order. I'm burning them in as I speak, but I'm skeptical the sound will change any further. Further, I'm not getting the silver cables from Traluscent until holidays are over.

I will test out copper with the 1plus2, it should be quite a different sound from the silver and silver/gold cable. The sound is a shallow V, and I wouldn't call the treble sibilant, they have a bite to it, but not the shimmer. Sibilance can be due to each person's ears, and the recording itself. Perception of sibilance is different, but I believe without any sibilance, the treble will sound muffled, just like stock cables+ES5. The mids are not prominent as the K3003i which is very forward. Again, I will have to test different cables to give you a final verdict for the mids with the 1Plus2, but it's still no way near what the ES5 does with mids. I expected this, so I'm not disappointed either.

I wouldn't be surprised if you switch to copper cable the sound will be thicker, even more laid back, not sure if that will be a good sound to be honest. Still curious if what you guys had mentioned is in part due to both the cable and burn in. Would be funny if that was the case :p. Looking forward to more reviews next week regardless of the outcome :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back