Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,516 of 6,404
Quote:
I can't even hear the difference between ibuds and lcd-2s...

You need to visit a doctor immediately 
deadhorse.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,518 of 6,404
You guys are funny. :)
Anyways, I was just kidding...I trust you guys in terms of finesse of hearing. I can hardly hear when my wife is yelling at me. Wait...that might be selective hearing.

I can't even hear the difference between ibuds and lcd-2s...

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,520 of 6,404
There is a conductivity chart that measures occ copper as 100, silver being 103ish, and silver with 1% gold at 97 I believe, and as more gold is added, it goes down. I'm making an assumption that the 'micro' details will be lost, something like when you say 'visceral,' or hear 'realism' but these are just examples, not saying silver/gold loses realism or anything.
Quote:
That's a total rationalization. 1% of gold in silver should still have greater conductivity than copper. Resistance has no effect on details as it will reduce the big notes by the same percentage as the little ones. Heck, every potentiameter would be a disaster if that were the case. I agree that cables sound different but it's more complex than resistance. I find copper and silver different as well but it's hard to know exactly how much is material in any compare since the wire may also be drawn on different dies and strand count etc can vary at any given guage.

Just FYI for all you in the Canadian demo tour, the demo 1Plus2 pair is heading my way as we speak, probably in a stack somewhere in YVR customs. I'll probably receive it this Thursday or Friday.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #1,521 of 6,404
Quote:
There is a conductivity chart that measures occ copper as 100, silver being 103ish, and silver with 1% gold at 97 I believe, and as more gold is added, it goes down. I'm making an assumption that the 'micro' details will be lost, something like when you say 'visceral,' or hear 'realism' but these are just examples, not saying silver/gold loses realism or anything.

Just FYI for all you in the Canadian demo tour, the demo 1Plus2 pair is heading my way as we speak, probably in a stack somewhere in YVR customs. I'll probably receive it this Thursday or Friday.

I think it gives up some transparency, air/sound staging and smooths out the treble. It doesn't really seem to take much of a hit in the detail department though. Just easier on the ears... Personally for me with my current portable combo the gold cable doesn't engage me like it does on the silver cable. So I'm more drawn to the silver cable instead. In all honesty I could live with either of them just both offer their own unique presentations on the 1Plus2s. :) I'm quite surprised. I thought my pair was finished changing already.... The sound stage has gotten even bigger and airier within the last day or so....
gs1000.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #1,522 of 6,404
I think it gives up some transparency, air/sound staging and smooths out the treble. It doesn't really seem to take much of a hit in the detail department though. Just easier on the ears... Personally for me with my current portable combo the gold cable doesn't engage me like it does on the silver cable. So I'm more drawn to the silver cable instead. In all honesty I could live with either of them just both offer their own unique presentations on the 1Plus2s. :) I'm quite surprised. I thought my pair was finished changing already.... The sound stage has gotten even bigger and airier within the last day or so.... :gs1000smile:

Been using them a lot and they continue to amaze me... Can't wait to compare them to the MH335DW... :)

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #1,525 of 6,404
Quote:

It's not resistance that's the issue. Look at an Etymotic 4p vs 4s. A silver 24-gauge, 1,000-foot-long wire would measure about 24 ohms of resistance. Copper would be about 26 ohms. Alloys can behave differently than you'd expect but I'd like to see that chart even though resistance isn't a form of reducing information. If it shows up some time, PM me.
smile.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,529 of 6,404
Quote:
Is everyone using the ortofon tips? I do like them, but curious if anyone found any better tips for their 1plus2.

Ditto....I'm using Ortofon at the moment and there's just something not "right" with it for me. Unlike most others, I actually like the FitEar TG!334 tips but sadly not sold anywhere. Anyone tried other tips like Sony's, Shures, etc? No spongy stuff (no Complys preferably).

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,530 of 6,404
Quote:
Anyone tried other tips like Sony's, Shures, etc? No spongy stuff (no Complys preferably).

Anak, Do you ever get to the US or do you have Radio Shacks in Japan? If so, they sell a very nice Silicone tip similar to SONY Hybrids BUT with a large straight thru nozzle (no constriction at the tip):

AUVIO Silicone Replace Tips

Cost $5, come in S, M, L

Has (2) different densities of silicone - harder for the nozzle, soft for the ear bulb. Also, they are offset 1/8" toward the ear compared to all the other stock tips I have ever seen so they fit a bit deeper into your ears. Very comfortable, very long lasting (like years literally).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back