Trade for the Perfect player in the world ---Hisound’s Studio 3rd Anniversary edition
Nov 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #586 of 795
Help :)

16GB Sansadisk class 4

Today my SD card was corrupted somehow. I always eject everything properly after putting my music onto the player. I reformatted the disk with the recent software Lee has kindly suggested to me.
Wiped the disk clean. I plug it into the Hisound player and I go to External Memory and I see a folder called "Music", But i just wiped the entire card clean? So anyways I turn the player off
hooked it up to my computer and i see no music folder at all on sansadisk which is strange... So i go into the disk make a new folder called "Music" put aaliyah I care 4 you album onto it. I Eject the player plus SD card. Then I inserted the SD card into the Player waited for the initialization Then i go to External Memory, and I now see 2 "Music Folders" XD , I click on them both and they both say "No file". So im trying to figure out something, Maybe i need a new Memory Card? or maybe I need to reinstall the firmware on the player.

I find it so odd that i randomly turned on my player today after it working a few hours of me using it before and my music does not show up anymore... well anyways any suggestions?
 and can someone link me to the instructions on firmware reinstall. Your help would be much obliged :) thankyou.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #587 of 795
Quote:
Help :)

16GB Sansadisk class 4

Today my SD card was corrupted somehow. I always eject everything properly after putting my music onto the player. I reformatted the disk with the recent software Lee has kindly suggested to me.
Wiped the disk clean. I plug it into the Hisound player and I go to External Memory and I see a folder called "Music", But i just wiped the entire card clean? So anyways I turn the player off
hooked it up to my computer and i see no music folder at all on sansadisk which is strange... So i go into the disk make a new folder called "Music" put aaliyah I care 4 you album onto it. I Eject the player plus SD card. Then I inserted the SD card into the Player waited for the initialization Then i go to External Memory, and I now see 2 "Music Folders" XD , I click on them both and they both say "No file". So im trying to figure out something, Maybe i need a new Memory Card? or maybe I need to reinstall the firmware on the player.

I find it so odd that i randomly turned on my player today after it working a few hours of me using it before and my music does not show up anymore... well anyways any suggestions?
 and can someone link me to the instructions on firmware reinstall. Your help would be much obliged :) thankyou.

I replied to you in PM. Try delete the "System" folder in internal memory. Cut and past your firmwares listed on internal memory and paste them onto your desktop.  If you are still having issues after my directions then it is very possible the memory is corrupted or the SD slot has an issue.

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #588 of 795
I have problem with my studio 3rd anv, this device suddenly displayed Repair and Folder with the selection of OK and Cancel, I did try to select both OK and Cancel but it just turned blank and nothing happened.

I did try to reinstall the firmware and follow every single steps from http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files but when I clicked on START button on the firmware update software the status was just turned closing and complete within like 2 - 3 seconds and it seems like it doesn't install the firmware at all because as I know when installing this firmware it takes normally like 5 - 10 mins. 

please help!

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #589 of 795
Quote:
I have problem with my studio 3rd anv, this device suddenly displayed Repair and Folder with the selection of OK and Cancel, I did try to select both OK and Cancel but it just turned blank and nothing happened.

I did try to reinstall the firmware and follow every single steps from http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files but when I clicked on START button on the firmware update software the status was just turned closing and complete within like 2 - 3 seconds and it seems like it doesn't install the firmware at all because as I know when installing this firmware it takes normally like 5 - 10 mins. 

please help!

i have the same problem with my previous studio v. im gonna return it to repair.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #590 of 795
  I find that this player requires headphones with high impedance, so the more sensitive your iems or lower impedance they are, the more the hiss is more audible.  There really aren't any IEMs that are high impedance though.  These are best with actual headphones because they are in the higher impedance than iems.

So how do the daps do it like colorfly c3 and ibasso dx100 ?  Do they hiss with low imped. iems as well ?  Or are they actually made for low imped iems ?

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #591 of 795
I wish I could try the Hisound Studio-V with my new IEMs, the PFE232s. Their impedance is 47 ohms. Westone 4 impedance is 31 ohms. Does this mean, theoretically, the PFE232 will hiss less than the Westone 4?

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #592 of 795
Efficiency plays an equal roll. The reason for the anv 3 is to make it better for IEMs. Not dead quite but plenty good up to about 116 and low impedance. Standard Studio V is noisier. Guys, the cards are likely not corrupt but got dislodged while the unit was on. Do as Lee says and pull the card while off, delete the contents of the system folder. Reinstall the card while off and go from there.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #593 of 795
Quote:
  I find that this player requires headphones with high impedance, so the more sensitive your iems or lower impedance they are, the more the hiss is more audible.  There really aren't any IEMs that are high impedance though.  These are best with actual headphones because they are in the higher impedance than iems.

So how do the daps do it like colorfly c3 and ibasso dx100 ?  Do they hiss with low imped. iems as well ?  Or are they actually made for low imped iems ?

The DX100 is the King the DAPs regarding sound quality. Just no comparison. Not so sure about the C3 but from what I know it doesn't hiss. I highly doubt it has the sound quality of the Studio V though.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #594 of 795
Quote:
I wish I could try the Hisound Studio-V with my new IEMs, the PFE232s. Their impedance is 47 ohms. Westone 4 impedance is 31 ohms. Does this mean, theoretically, the PFE232 will hiss less than the Westone 4?

Impedance from the specifications are in general just an average calculated across the freq. range and there's other factors involved.  Anyway, in practical use. I never experienced issue with hiss with the W4 when I used it with the Studio-V, although I will say that that the HS-BA sound wise, to me at least, was the best match up with the W4, maybe because the HS-BA has an impedance output that's higher than the Studio-V which benefits the W4

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #595 of 795
I had an issue like with with the Rocoo P....
I put some music in the system music file, and for some reason, that 'jogged' the software to check the SD card. (go figure?)

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #596 of 795
That's likely because here is no 'system music file' folder and the system folder isn't for holding music. It's for system functions and gets corrupted by manual manipulation. Emptying the folder is the easy fix since it begins it's life as empty. It just forgets everything and you can start over. It's not the OS but it does remembers your cards, settings etc. so by corrupting it it gets caught up, same as what happens when you remove a card while the unit is on.
 You can throw music directly onto the root directory or create a music folder without issue but putting it into system folders on any player is a bad thing.

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #597 of 795
Wish to ask if it is normal behaviour for the 3rd anniv to be turned on when charging? I noticed that when I am charging it, it cannot be totally turned off. It will definitely restart itself after I shut it down.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #598 of 795
Yep it's normal. I've always had that happen. Thing is if you don't start playing music and let the screen shut off it is using nearly 0 battery. I've left it on before for a long time this way without much battery drain at all. Maybe even for more than 24 hours lol. But if you have music constantly playing it will drain much faster than playing music in intervals of 5 to 8 hours at a time. Like you'll get around 27 hours of constant playback opposed to up to 55 for FLAC in intervals of 5 to 8 hours of usage each session.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #599 of 795
Have any of you received any replies from Jack recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back