Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review
Jan 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #32 of 105
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
The 1% gold thing doesn't really make any sense to me. An excuse for using inpure material and even try to market it for more revenue maybe.
may i ask something..did u actually tried a silver cable with infused gold in it compared to a pure silver cable? As i read on the threads that there is actually a soundcharacter difference between the two. Its a pity i didnt have the luck to try a silver widow/silver poison myself..YET.as myself. I prefer copper over silver cables for my he500's( i do own a quality silver cable).but reading many experiences i cant but agree there is a difference in sound allthough maybe subtile compared to a full silver one. And for r info..toxic cables uses the highest quality materials in their products and the workmanship is second to none! So pls explain how u came to ur conclusion?

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #33 of 105

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #34 of 105
Silver and copper are both superior as conductor than gold is. It will not be surprising if adding 1% gold will change the sound, but hardly in a good way. I once asked Chris of the Headphone Lounge whether their silver plated copper (SPC) silver ray cable was the best cable they offered, and got the following reply:

[size=12.727272033691406px]"The best wire we have isn't even listed, I have full stranded silver but we're talking about double the price for that since the wire is a little more expensive, .... We have this silver with 1% gold in it that sounds like crap so I don't offer it to people even though I'm sitting on a good amount of it."[/size]

Admittedly, I never actually tried a silver cable with infused gold in it. I just feel Chris' claim makes more sense than the claim that infusing gold in silver will make better sounding cable, based on the fact that silver and copper are both superior conductors than gold. Also, how could one advertise their cables as being made of 99.99..% silver when there is 1% gold in it 
blink.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #35 of 105
Quote:
Silver and copper are both superior as conductor than gold is. It will not be surprising if adding 1% gold will change the sound, but hardly in a good way. I once asked Chris of the Headphone Lounge whether their silver plated copper (SPC) silver ray cable was the best cable they offered, and got the following reply:

[size=12.727272033691406px]"The best wire we have isn't even listed, I have full stranded silver but we're talking about double the price for that since the wire is a little more expensive, .... We have this silver with 1% gold in it that sounds like crap so I don't offer it to people even though I'm sitting on a good amount of it."[/size]

Admittedly, I never actually tried a silver cable with infused gold in it. I just feel Chris' claim makes more sense than the claim that infusing gold in silver will make better sounding cable, based on the fact that silver and copper are both superior conductors than gold. Also, how could one advertise their cables as being made of 99.99..% silver when there is 1% gold in it 
blink.gif

I might suggest you have a look at my appreciation thread and read what hundreds of people have to say about my silver/gold cable.

Not one single person has yet said my cable is not an improvement over stock, i think that's saying something.

So who should one listen to, you and your source (competitor), or the hundreds of people who actually own the cable.

I might suggest you start another thread on the topic if it's so close to your heart.

Also, my cables are advertised as "7N silver that has 1% gold added to it", not 7N silver.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #36 of 105
I have little doubt that your silver/gold cable is an improvement over stock. But I doubt if the improvement actually comes from the gold infusion. And I think the more interesting comparisons should be between your silver/gold silver poison cable and your silver plated copper cable or some pure copper, or pure silver cables.

As to what/who one should listen to, we are all here for discussions and opinions, and people should and as a matter of fact always listen to their own interpretation of these available information.  

Quote:
I might suggest you have a look at my appreciation thread and read what hundreds of people have to say about my silver/gold cable.

Not one single person has yet said my cable is not an improvement over stock, i think that's saying something.

So who should one listen to, you or your source, or the hundreds of people who actually own the cable.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #37 of 105
Quote:
As to what/who one should listen to, we are all here for discussions and opinions, and people should and as a matter of fact always listen to their own interpretation of these available information.  

Key being "Listen"....Since you have not, your opinion is not valid.....

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #38 of 105
Quote:
I have little doubt that your silver/gold cable is an improvement over stock. But I doubt if the improvement actually comes from the gold infusion. And I think the more interesting comparisons should be between your silver/gold silver poison cable and your silver plated copper cable or some pure copper, or pure silver cables.

You might want to do a search for Toxic Cables, i think you will find that my Silver/Gold cable has already been reviewed against other all silver cables, also copper cables.

I also sell an all silver cable "Anthrax".

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #40 of 105

Admittedly, I never actually tried a silver cable with infused gold in it. I just feel Chris' claim makes more sense than the claim that infusing gold in silver will make better sounding cable, based on the fact that 
silver and copper are both superior conductors than gold. Also, how could one advertise their cables as being made of 99.99..% silver when there is 1% gold in it :blink:

Not trying to be rude or something but If Toxic cables silver gold cable was not really good, then those more then hundred of people owning one are wrong and also then i don't think 2 or 3 other companies including Whiplash Audio wouldnt have copied them more or less, the fact that they did tells me it must be good. Or at least good enough to buy.

I can guess the competitors of Toxic cables will say the gold cable does not sound good, because they see it doing so well. Thats nothing more then logical.

And if i remember it correctly, u mentioning Headphone Lounge but as far i remember they started their business first selling solid Mundorf wire which is silver with gold in it and at that time they claimed it to be the best cable they ever heard.
But now u state that they say it sounds rubbish because they no longer sell it, how convenient.
Well ur right..everyone has the right to express their opinions..but as soon u mention names its not objective anymore and very subjective..so pls..if u wanna discuss these kind of matters..start a new thread..thats ur right. :D

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #41 of 105
Quote:

Regardless of that, you are requested to respect the topic of discussion when you post.  Here's what I suggest: Since you insist in some of your posts that all cables are a rip-off, as the parts are cheap, you go and buy the wire yourself (you can do so from Toxic cables or buy wire from many other places) and make the cable yourself. The cost of manufacturing an audio product is not in the materials, but in the manufacturing itself. This is the same for most products. I think you may appreciate the efforts of the companies here more so once you've spent a few hours braiding cable and soldering tiny plugs.  I especially recommend trying this with multi-strand litz wire (after you've spent all you need on the necessary equipment to do it all).

Until then, you're going to get a hard time discussing something you have no experience of. 
smile.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #42 of 105
Regardless of that, you are requested to respect the topic of discussion when you post.  Here's what I suggest: Since you insist in some of your posts that all cables are a rip-off, as the parts are cheap, you go and buy the wire yourself (you can do so from Toxic cables or buy wire from many other places) and make the cable yourself. The cost of manufacturing an audio product is not in the materials, but in the manufacturing itself. This is the same for most products. I think you may appreciate the efforts of the companies here more so once you've spent a few hours braiding cable and soldering tiny plugs.  I especially recommend trying this with multi-strand litz wire (after you've spent all you need on the necessary equipment to do it all).

Until then, you're going to get a hard time discussing something you have no experience of. :smile:

+1 i agree totally..

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #43 of 105
Quote:

Until then, you're going to get a hard time discussing something you have no experience of. 
smile.gif

Thanks for chiming in Amos, much appreciated and very true.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #44 of 105
Quote:

smile.gif

Thanks Amos!

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #45 of 105
Very nice review! It helped me take my decision. I was sure I wanted a new cable for my LCD2, because I think that my stock cable is the weakest link in my system, so I started searching for reviews and opinions. 

I already had my eyes on toxic cables for over a year 
ph34r.gif
 . While searching, I have seen the reviews of Silver Poison and the appreciation thread. When I saw the number of pages on that thread I was amazed. I started to look for other cable companies appreciation threads. Guess what...I barely found one but with very few pages. 

So I started reading the posts....after a few hours I was at page 80 
popcorn.gif
 with my eyes red 
tongue_smile.gif

So I have read over 100 pages on this appreciation thread. I was amazed...everybody cheerful...happy and every single one of the customers satisfied. For a cable thread this is pretty damn amazing. It was like a big happy community, one of the most positive ones seen on this entire forum. I haven't seen one unsatisfied customer...not one!

This made me sure of my decision.

I was still not sure if I wanted a silver or copper cable. I am very afraid of brightness even though I have the LCD2. My ears are very sensible to bright sound. I can hear my wifes phone chargers from Nokia when plugged into the power sockets ( at first i thought it was in my head...a iiiiiiiiiiiiiii sound....it was getting me mad...when I started walking in the room and I observed the change in intensity...so i followed the intensity and found the damn charger.... 
angry_face.gif
 )

After more reviews and everybody stating the silver+gold were not bright and not loosing bass....I decided on Silver Poison. I just had to wait for my salary to kick in (the banks were closed for Christmas).
One night after I enter on headfi for 
popcorn.gif
. I stumbled upon this Silver Widow review...and at the end....

I listed the prices at the beginning of the review. The Silver Poison cables have built a reputation as a terrific bargain for custom silver cables. That value still holds. The new Silver Widows are in my opinion worth twice the price. The added clarity, bass impact and space are the best I have heard. Frank has chosen to price them at 50% more than the Silver Poison's...A killer deal.

Gorgeous looking, Gorgeous sounding, twice the performance of their amazing older siblings and only 50% more in their price.

35onan.jpg

Ok...started doing some calculations with my (angry on me 
angry_face.gif
 ) wallet....I did not expect to want to buy 300EUR cable, since I recently bought the lcd2+conductor...Well...after a day or so, the salary kicked in, and I contacted Frank to tell him about the order.
Frank did not respond ...I was panicking . The poor man works day an night for the cables from what i read ....but damn I wanted to make the order. After a few hours (yes..hours..I did not wait that long...but you know...time is relative when you want something.. :)) ) he responded.
So I sent the order. 
I was relieved...the search was over...and I felt goood

But then I realized... the wait...oh the wait...2 more months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back