Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #2,146 of 10,312
Quote:
So far this day has started amazingly. Its snowing here 
biggrin.gif
 and my tf10 venoms arrived! I hope to do a proper review in a week or so if I can find the time after at least 100 hours listening but first impressions are great. The cable is light, I can't find a single flaw anywhere and it looks amazing. Initial listening impressions after around an hour so far are good but still needs a burn-in. An important thing for me was that the sound sig of the tf10s was kept roughly the same with slightly more oomph (yh, using the technical terms) and the venom has done this exceptionally well. The mids are much clearer and a little bit more forward without losing the fun sound I love so much about them. The treble seems to me to be slightly less sparkly but more detailed but the biggest improvement to my ears is the bass and transition to low mids. I found myself frustrated at times by how with bass heavy tracks the bass would bleed into the sub mids but that is gone. Also the detail and clarity of the bass has improved dramatically without becoming more or less powerful. Its just much clearer. However these are just initial impressions and I'll hopefully write again after more listening and a good burn in but so far they are looking good and sounding even better.

I think you mean Viper :) thanks for posting your thoughts.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #2,150 of 10,312
Quote:
I have a new 6ft 24AWG Scorpion TF10 cable with black connectors, if anyone is interested, usually £100 for 4ft, £50 for this cable. I can cut it shorter for you.

Currently has no jack on it, so can terminate with plug of your choice.

First person to to reply to this post and confirm, gets it.

who's the lucky guy?
wished i have a decent cans for these cables 
redface.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #2,151 of 10,312
Received my Silver Widow IEM Cable.

My Miracles cant stop singing, its given them  I believe a tighter beefier bottom end and those who think the Miracle has no bass.....Well ....
And Man,  the the detail these things are producing....I gave them a few hours of burn in, as when I first tried it was bass monster.....Now fully opened up with the sound I was describing earlier.
I have tried i don't know....around 7 different cables since Ive had the Miracle,
sure she's had flings with one or two
But now she's in love...........................
Thanks Frank, this is easily the best cable I have ever bought.
The workmanship is Tip Top......You Rock Dude...... 
size]

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #2,152 of 10,312
Quote:
Received my Silver Widow IEM Cable.

My Miracles cant stop singing, its given them  I believe a tighter beefier bottom end and those who think the Miracle has no bass.....Well ....
And Man,  the the detail these things are producing....I gave them a few hours of burn in, as when I first tried it was bass monster.....Now fully opened up with the sound I was describing earlier.
I have tried i don't know....around 7 different cables since Ive had the Miracle,
sure she's had flings with one or two
But now she's in love...........................
Thanks Frank, this is easily the best cable I have ever bought.
The workmanship is Tip Top......You Rock Dude...... 
size]

Now, that's what i like to hear, i know you have a bunch of other IEM cables, so this is great news. Glad you like it Stan, and thanks for posting your thoughts. 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #2,154 of 10,312
Current picture of the Toxic home rig.....

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #2,155 of 10,312
Current picture of the Toxic home rig.....

I pm'ed frank for a one of a kind cable..damn..i am toxicated!!! No help for me now...
Nice pic by the way!!

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,156 of 10,312
Quote:
I pm'ed frank for a one of a kind cable..damn..i am toxicated!!! No help for me now...
Nice pic by the way!!

I can see it now...a braid of 37 cables all of different varieties and in a rainbow of silk colored sleeves! All Litz, of course!  
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #2,157 of 10,312
I can see it now...a braid of 37 cables all of different varieties and in a rainbow of silk colored sleeves! All Litz, of course!  
biggrin.gif

Nope..but i willgive u a hint..it has to be fully litz copper wired..as i love how my black widow 22awg sounds :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #2,158 of 10,312
How do you like the DacMagic Longbow?
I ask as I have its baby brother , The DacMagic 100.
I know you're not using it there but whats the headphone amp on it like???

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #2,159 of 10,312
I like the DM+ very much. I used the HP amp for several months before I made the jump the the CSP2+. The Wolfson Chips are very smooth and as a stand alone HP amp it is sold for the price. It is interesting to see how many people have the DM+ with strong systems considering the cost is very reasonable. You would need to drop a lot more money to really move up IMHO....

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2,160 of 10,312
Quote:
I like the DM+ very much. I used the HP amp for several months before I made the jump the the CSP2+. The Wolfson Chips are very smooth and as a stand alone HP amp it is sold for the price. It is interesting to see how many people have the DM+ with strong systems considering the cost is very reasonable. You would need to drop a lot more money to really move up IMHO....

Sorry Frank for this slight threadjack btw lol...

Longbow, I made a Cambridge Audio Owners thread somewhere the other day...
EDIT - Ah here it is ...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644222/cambridge-audio-owners-unite
I have to say Im a bit of a CA fanboy. 
The Wolfson chips do indeed sound very smooth, A nice warmth but still very clean and detailed 
Yet not too bright.....

If you know what I mean?? lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back