The Blended Widow
The Infused Widow
The Merged Widow
The Alloy Widow

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,145 of 10,312
Purple Widow - since it is a hybrid
biggrin.gif

Quote:  From Wikipedia
Purple is a range of hues of color occurring between red and blue.[1] The Oxford English Dictionary describes it as a deep, rich shade between crimson and violet.[2]
In the ancient world, purple was the color worn by Roman Emperors and magistrates, and later by Roman Catholic bishops. Since that time, purple has been commonly associated with royalty and piety.[3]

Apr 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #3,147 of 10,312
It was expected, just like my Silver Poison, people saw how good an popular it was and started to offer similar wire, so it was only a matter of time that it happens with the Widow and my new Hybrid. 

It was expected, just like my Silver Poison, people saw how good an popular it was and started to offer similar wire, so it was only a matter of time that it happens with the Widow and my new Hybrid. This is business and things like this are expected.

I had a prototype Hybrid cable made over a year ago, before i even released Toxic Cables, i scrapped the idea as the copper strands started going green after 6 months, and i did not want to offer such an expensive cable, if this would be happening. I have just had a picture of it sent to me, from the person i gave the remaining wire to. If you look closely, you can see the copper and silver strands, you can also see where the wire has gone green. So that's my proof, that i thought of the idea over a year ago. This is very much like me now saying i was the first to think of the flying car, but only saying it after someone else has already made one. I am sure others/DIY'rs have thought of this years ago, long before i did, but i act on my idea's. 

This wire was also made by an inexperienced wire manufacturer and i was not happy with the end result, which is also why the idea got scrapped back then and i went with the Poison instead.

Now with the Litz wire, we can avoid the downfalls of the previous prototype, with each strand being individually insulated, the wire will never oxidize, so no turning green.

I get prototypes in several designs made of every cable before i release anything, this way i am able to listen to every cable myself and make changes until i find a cable that i like the sound of, only then do i announce the cable. 

I do not have a random cable made and wish for the best, even if that cable sounds awful, you would still need to sell it to get back the thousands of dollars you spent on it. So for me, spending a little extra in having prototypes made is worthwhile and my suppliers have come to know that i am serious about my wire, so they are willing to make me small amounts of samples, till i find the one i want.

It looks like they read your post because before ur last post they said the things i stated in my other post like that they told no one about their idea in this post:
I'm not sure I'll be the very first to get it in stock, but I'm pretty sure I was the first to think it up - but since I told NOBODY about it, I can only assume that I'm on the same page as other manufacturers.

and now they are saying this:
we came up with this idea back in October while brainstorming late at night with some fellow cable lovers online. Very conveniënt!! Lolz

In my opinion they are most likely trying to make it sound like u got their idea FROM one of the people they were 'brainstorming' with..seriously?

Or am i a bit to paranoia here? Oh well u know me guys..direct and crazy..
Peace guys!

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,148 of 10,312
Quote:
Need a new name for the new hybrid cable, same as with the White Widow, if i choose any of the suggested names, that person wins themselves one of the new hybrid cables.

-Widow Maker
-Two-Fang
-Infectious
-Infection
- Pungi (Instrument used to charm snakes)
- King Cobra
- Twin Cobra

EDIT: Just reminding people the Hydra idea was mine first:

Litz 2 spec cable has groupings of bundles so it's like it has many heads, thus I vote Hydra. Also because of the idea of it being like multiple beasts in one body. But I'm sure Frank has a name in mind already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back