Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #3,166 of 10,312
toxic catalyst or just "catalyst" (a substance that causes or speeds a chemical reaction without itself being affected)

goes with the toxic cable theme
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #3,170 of 10,312
Frank, Do you get your cable from Neotech?  Which is where most OCC cable is produced......Other cable makers are getting their cable sourced from Neotech, maybe that is why they offer the same wire as Toxic Cables?

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #3,171 of 10,312
Keep it simple
White Widow + Black Widow
Grey Widow!

Gray Widow!

Or some fancy name:
-Fusion Widow!
or just
-Toxic Fusion!
Definition :The process or result of joining two or more things together to form a single entity.

-Tetrodotoxin
-Tetraodontoxin
Definition :Frequently abbreviated as TTX, is a potent neurotoxin with no known antidote

Word above is pretty hard and long to spell for a cable
so i guess these name will suit more:
- Toxic Tetra
- Toxic Tetrax 
- Toxic Tetro
- Toxic Tetrox

Apr 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #3,173 of 10,312
Keep it simple

White Widow + Black Widow

Grey Widow!

Gray Widow!

Or some fancy name:

Fusion Widow!

Or even simpler: hybrid widow..orrrrrrr rainbow....how abou that..toxic rainbow?

Apr 13, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #3,174 of 10,312
Quote:
Frank, Do you get your cable from Neotech?  Which is where most OCC cable is produced......Other cable makers are getting their cable sourced from Neotech, maybe that is why they offer the same wire as Toxic Cables?

You don't really expect me to tell you where my wire is manufactured, do you. 
wink.gif

Neotech do not even offer some of the wires i sell, such litz silver with gold, they only started offering silver with gold, very recently, i have had the silver Poison for 18 months. The 18AWG Venom is another example, no one has this wire and i don't expect anyone will anytime soon, as it's extremely expensive.

I do not use off the shelf wire in any of my headphone cables. I do sell the bare of the shelf wire, like on the link below but not offer them for sale on my own cables, unless someone requests it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110947996335

No one has the same wire as me, they might have a similar wire made, but it won't be the same.

Custom wires are not off the shelf, they are made to the specific requirements of the customer and you have to buy large quantities, unless the company will make you samples. Every wire i stock and sell is made specifically for me. The only way for someone to get something similar made, is if they go to their supplier and tell them how to make it.

Before now, the hybrid litz wire did not exist, that's before i went to one of my suppliers and had them make it for me.

Suppliers is not a discussion i will get in to with you or anyone else, so lets end that here.

I will try to pick a name tomorrow night, if there is one that catches my eye. I have seen a couple of good ones so far.

Rainbow Widow, this is Toxic Cables,not Mary Poppins. 
biggrin.gif
jj

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #3,175 of 10,312
Quote:
Quote:

You don't really expect me to tell you where my wire is manufactured, do you. 
wink.gif

Neotech do not even offer some of the wires i sell, such litz silver with gold, they only started offering silver with gold, very recently, i have had the silver Poison for 18 months. The 18AWG Venom is another example, no one has this wire and i don't expect anyone will anytime soon, as it's extremely expensive.

I do not use off the shelf wire in any of my headphone cables. I do sell the bare of the shelf wire, like on the link below but not offer them for sale on my own cables, unless someone requests it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110947996335

No one has the same wire as me, they might have a similar wire made, but it won't be the same.

Custom wires are not off the shelf, they are made to the specific requirements of the customer and you have to buy large quantities, unless the company will make you samples. Every wire i stock and sell is made specifically for me. The only way for someone to get something similar made, is if they go to their supplier and tell them how to make it.

Before now, the hybrid litz wire did not exist, that's before i went to one of my suppliers and had them make it for me.

Suppliers is not a discussion i will get in to with you or anyone else, so lets end that here.

I will try to pick a name tomorrow night, if there is one that catches my eye. I have seen a couple of good ones so far.

Rainbow Widow, this is Toxic Cables,not Mary Poppins. 
biggrin.gif
jj

OK......good answer......well at least you don't get your wire where others get theirs.....that way we know what you offer is nothing close!  But Neotech is one, of if not the best known producers of OCC wire in the world.  So much comes out of China, who really knows.  I build golf clubs, and there are only three foundries in China, for at least 20 different brands.  Dang Chineese you just can't trust them, they clone everything.....sure looks good though, works just like the real thing, on the golf course!

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3,177 of 10,312
Quote:

OK......good answer......well at least you don't get your wire where others get theirs.....that way we know what you offer is nothing close!  But Neotech is one, of if not the best known producers of OCC wire in the world.  So much comes out of China, who really knows.  I build golf clubs, and there are only three foundries in China, for at least 20 different brands.  Dang Chineese you just can't trust them, they clone everything.....sure looks good though, works just like the real thing, on the golf course!

Neotech is the most well know, but the reason i don't use them for all of my wires (i do have a couple), is because they only offer 4/5N silver/copper. They did used to offer higher purity, but stopped due to the high cost. Furutech is also another good place, but they are extremely busy and the factory is at it's limit most of the time, so they don't take orders from just any manufacturer, like Neotech would.

Anyway, enough of manufacturers, there are over a dozen OCC manufacturers i know of, some good. I use 3 of the best.

You have to love the Chinese, they save me thousands each year. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #3,178 of 10,312
Frank, you got pm again :D

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #3,180 of 10,312
Quote:
Will get to PM later and emails later tonight, just spent over 3 hours replying to some of the eBay messages and that's not even all of them. 
frown.gif

Sorry for the late replies.

Being popular must be nice :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back