Toronto Meet - Sunday April 8th
Apr 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #106 of 141
Ill type my impressions up tonight while at work and post them!

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #107 of 141
Maybe I just need to warm up to them, but I was rather underwhelmed by the LCDs and HE phones.  Sorry all you LCD and E owners out there!

Blown away by the HD880s.  Wide open and clear.  Too bad they cost a bundle of cash. Sigh.

T1s really sound better than my DT880s but I could definitely hear the family resemblance.

Surprised to find out how similar K701 and Q701 sound, wot's the big whoop?

Does Charlie X have enough Stax equipment?

Really dug the Grado RS-2............awesome!  Probably my next headphone purchase.

Mostly really cool to meet a bunch of like minded headphone fanatics!
wink_face.gif

No one even laughed at me when I put on white gloves to take the tubes out of my amp!

Next time I'll bring some vintage stuff. Old headphones.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #108 of 141
I like the HD800's, but for some songs I really wish I had the LCD2's. It seem's theres not that many impressions, so I am offering anyone in need of sushi to join in, watch that new Lockout/Cabin in the woods movie and help me empty these three bottles of Zubrowka.
Sucks, it seems I missed the Woo Audio amps =(

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #110 of 141
I will be down for this epic sushi on the one condition that we get pavel to try out some alcohol...

I actually didn't try out too many new headphones for the fear of wanting to upgrade.

That being said, the Q701s were nice, especially paired with that amp. However I still prefer the K601s for my own personal music tastes.

The DT1350 were spectacular at what they did, great comfort and surprising isolation, sound was pretty good too out of my phone.

The HD800 was underpowered on my setup, but it still had great soundstaging and overall balance.

Could someone tell me if I was the only one that didn't hear much of a different between the HE6 and HE500?

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #111 of 141
I'm sure Pavel won't refuse us the honors, and remember. Theres never enough sushi! But we need to get Pavel show us the sushi place first heh

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #112 of 141
Considering we have one more person interested in joining I just went to LCbo to get a few more bottles... 4 in fact that makes 7 bottles of good old zubrowka.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #115 of 141
So yeah, anyone wants to make said meet, so far I have stocked up on the festive....err....alcoholic beverages. Actually just got out of the LCBO not so long ago (was watching the Lockout movie just now and appt you cant upload pics from the ipad, boo).

So that makes it 7 in total, and the bottle of aquavit.. well if that aint enough I got 2 cases of RussianStandard/Nemiroff. I could bring some XO or Blue Label, but its kindo hard to replenish in Canada, the prices are kind of a rip off, like really 300 bucks for blue label?

Hopefully if we ever do come up with a meet, it wont take us the few months it took this one to happen, heh.

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #117 of 141
Meet Impressions (finally), i am still pretty new to the Head-fi scene and even more so at describing what i hear. so this is what i have for now. (Need to make it out for more meets)

HD800 - Nice headphone, i found that they were a bit dark for my taste but that could be because i am coming from Grados which are typically a bit warm.

LCD2 rev1 - Definitely in my future somewhere, even on my system they were driven quite easily to good volume, very detailed and good separation for instruments in classical, good sound stage for everything.

HE60 - This is definitely a set of headphone I would like one day, very detailed and did well with anything that was thrown at it.

K1000 - Unfortunately these i didn't get a chance to listen to.

Q701 - I like the detail of these headphone and they didn't sound at all bright on my system of Mac -> NFB12. I was quite impressed (i knew there was a k701 but didn't get to listen to them either)

One of the Stax - I think it was the MK2 that I was Listening to, although these were really good headphones and did everything well i still preferred the HE60 to them.

My fiancee would like to thank everyone as well for welcoming her to the scene as well, she was pretty shy as this was her first meet but she says she will try more headphones next time (She liked the LCD2s as well)

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #120 of 141
I meant to ask earlier but someone was mentioning getting cables at 0.39 cents/foot ... I was wondering if they could shooy me a PM where they get it as im going to be making a bunch of cables to replace the cheap store bought stuff i have got now.

Thanks in advance!

(Woot 100th post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back