Toronto Meet - Sunday April 8th
Apr 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #137 of 141

Quote:
I use a wicker box my wife got for me so I wouldn't leave all my Schiit laying around the house!   LOL!
I got another box for all the frickin' cables you need.

BTW, I like your taste in 'phones!

Your headphones would be stored safely but for something that's so nice you'd want to display them. Had to google what a wicker box is hahah.

Hahah thanks, same to you...similar preferences. How do you like your 336C with the Q701 and DT880? That amp was one of my initial considerations but i got a good deal on a EF-5 i couldn't pass.

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #138 of 141

Quote:
Your headphones would be stored safely but for something that's so nice you'd want to display them. Had to google what a wicker box is hahah.

Hahah thanks, same to you...similar preferences. How do you like your 336C with the Q701 and DT880? That amp was one of my initial considerations but i got a good deal on a EF-5 i couldn't pass.

Maybe someday I'll get a cool looking headphone stand, to display the nicer looking 'phones..
wink_face.gif

336C works best with my DT880 as they are 600 ohms and the 336C has a rather high output impedance. You have to spend a few extra $$ to get the 336C really going. The original tubes really are the pants.  I replaced the two tubes in it with higher quality tubes, right now I am using a $30.00 Svetlana 6H13C output tube and  $20.00 Sylvania 6SN7 "Chrome Dome".

The 336C doesn't work very well with the Q701, usually I use a Matrix M Stage with the Qs.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #139 of 141
RIP ... Dick Clark ...and ...Levon Helm (The Band)

May 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #140 of 141
Wow, two weeks late to this thread. Thanks to Pavel again for hosting the meet; It was another great one.

I couldn't believe how much gear escalation there was since the last meet I attended. If this continues, charliex may have competition soon 
smily_headphones1.gif
 I was a little saddened that the LCD2's didn't sound very good from my Woo WA2; it is making me second-guess going with the WA2 instead of the WA6-SE. Next meet I hope the Liquid Fire returns -- I must spend some quality time with that beauty of an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back