Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions
Oct 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #46 of 122
  I bought the FitEar FitEar. Listening with it now. I couldn't get enough bass so I had to insert it a bit deeper. It seems to be a better Parterre though I'd have to compare directly. Instruments have bite and it is quite bright.

Hope you get a chance to compare it to the F111 as well. Any kind of indication as to what the final price will be?

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #47 of 122
  Thanks for pics!

ELI5 for you: CD and DVD are made of plastic that said there is no magnetic flux on it around it etc. CD cannot be magnetized ... hope you see where this is going :)

Aside from possibly being a snake oil product, could it be an anti-static device?  Don't know if static electricity affects CD's though.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #48 of 122
  wow sony has a CIEM daughter company now called Just Ear!

Yeah you'd think that a well-known and respected company like Sony, who has been in the business for ages, would come up with a more creative name. I'm kind of disappointed and I see where Logitech could think the same thing because of their Ultimate Ears enterprise practically. UE is probably the top company in the CIEM market.

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #49 of 122

Hope you get a chance to compare it to the F111 as well. Any kind of indication as to what the final price will be?

The table only had the FitEar fitear & AYA displayed. Maybe if one had asked if they had other models, I wouldn't be surpised if they had them under the table. The price of the FitEar fitear was Yen 86000 :-

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail71757.html

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #50 of 122
Any new good DAPs on display at the festival?

Oct 28, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #52 of 122
The HM-700 was on display - first time I saw it - but I didn't stop to play with it.

e-Onkyo had a few music/DAP oriented phones out at their table, but I didn't get a good chance to talk with them - they seemed pretty preoccupied.

I did get a look at the Aurender 1TB DAP/thing. SSD, USB 3 compatible. Absolutely huge and heavy and not really "portable" in any real sense. Construction was solid and it's pretty slick looking, but... Also, their reps were walking around with it, so I didn't get a chance to listen to it for any real amount of time.

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #53 of 122
The HM-700 was on display - first time I saw it - but I didn't stop to play with it.

e-Onkyo had a few music/DAP oriented phones out at their table, but I didn't get a good chance to talk with them - they seemed pretty preoccupied.

I did get a look at the Aurender 1TB DAP/thing. SSD, USB 3 compatible. Absolutely huge and heavy and not really "portable" in any real sense. Construction was solid and it's pretty slick looking, but... Also, their reps were walking around with it, so I didn't get a chance to listen to it for any real amount of time.

The Aurender thing is supposed to be a Hugo-competitor. Jude was carrying one and he said he was going to test it :) excited to hear about that.

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #54 of 122
Aurender Flow is not a DAP, it has internal storage which can allow you to carry up to 1 TB of files internally and be able to access it where ever you have access to equipment which can access it internally.

If it sounds good I say it is a winner, it is however using a different technology than HUGO. 

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #55 of 122
Aurender Flow is not a DAP, it has internal storage which can allow you to carry up to 1 TB of files internally and be able to access it where ever you have access to equipment which can access it internally.

If it sounds good I say it is a winner, it is however using a different technology than HUGO. 

Their site was confusing, me and my friends thought it was a DAP. But otherwise that sounds like a good idea as a laptop-buddy thing

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #56 of 122

A few of us were privilged to be invited to Emilai Japan's showroom on Friday evening where Aurender was there to let us demo 3 of their Flows. Emilai was also gracious to sponsor dinner & drinks during the demo.The photos from the gathering are the very 1st post of this thread (well not of the Flow itself :p...but those are in the Flow thread). The Flow seemed to have gone really well with those who attended the early-bird demo.

Their site was confusing, me and my friends thought it was a DAP. But otherwise that sounds like a good idea as a laptop-buddy thing

All is explained in the Flow thread linked above.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #59 of 122
The FitEar fitear was a hit for a lot of people., I personally liked the AYA more, by comparison to the MH335DW-SR the mid bass of the AYA was milder.

Hi Sean
I like AYA too with better clariy than my MH 335 DW SR
AYA is not source revealing like my MH 335 DW SR
But one I got synergy my MH 335 DW SR shine more than AYA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back