Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 1, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #841 of 5,203
Not all drop outs are due to Tidal/Wimp. I live in Sweden as well and have'nt experianced any serious drop outs lately. Not on Wimp and not on Tidal. Please check your internet connection, network (preferly wired) and if you have Vista please check http://www.blackviper.com/2007/04/10/black-vipers-windows-vista-super-tweaks/ or Google for sound optimation tips and tricks for your current iOS.
/Micael

May 1, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #843 of 5,203
Does anyone know what method of volume level normalization, if any, is Tidal using?

One one hand, to my ears, some albums sound louder than others.
On the other hand, there were some tracks where I felt that the louder and busier parts sounded bad, like there was some peak limiting applied. So I figured maybe they use a normalization method that changes levels also within a track as opposed to the whole track.
Could have just been my imagination or a bad mastering...

May 1, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #844 of 5,203
...and while you're at it just download http://www.fidelizer-audio.com. The free version will give you pretty good Improvements...and if you want to go further please download Asio Bridge, Jplay6 or possibly Asio4All for top notch improvements.
/ Micael

May 1, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #845 of 5,203
does it matter in what folder you install it in?

As long as you do not install it on a external HDD you should be fine...but I would not personally change the default folder at all.

May 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #847 of 5,203
Does anyone know what method of volume level normalization, if any, is Tidal using?

One one hand, to my ears, some albums sound louder than others.
On the other hand, there were some tracks where I felt that the louder and busier parts sounded bad, like there was some peak limiting applied. So I figured maybe they use a normalization method that changes levels also within a track as opposed to the whole track.
Could have just been my imagination or a bad mastering...

Best option is always to have 100% volume on Tidal for best sound and change the volume on your amp. Volume normalization just ruins the sound. Differences in volume was present on vinyl, CD's etc before...and are present on Tidal as well. Something you will have to live with...and not fight against.
/Micael

May 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #848 of 5,203
thanks for the help. tweking setings now, buffer size for windos any suggestions? 

Buffer Size depends on how well you have optimized your computer for sound. Start with 256 and move up to 512 if you experiance drop outs...if not go down to 128 or 64. My own system works with 64 but performa best with 128.
/Micael

May 1, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #849 of 5,203
Best option is always to have 100% volume on Tidal for best sound and change the volume on your amp. Volume normalization just ruins the sound. Differences in volume was present on vinyl, CD's etc before...and are present on Tidal as well. Something you will have to live with...and not fight against.
/Micael

Oh, I'm not seeking volume normalization. I don't use any of that (ReplayGain or other) in my fb2k. I worry that normalization can mess with the SQ.
I was just trying to understand if it's being used in Tidal. I know it's being used in Spotify, and recently even YouTube started to normalize audio levels in videos.

So you're saying Tidal isn't using any form of normalization?

May 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #851 of 5,203
settings for Fidelizer? new for me plz help

Optimation level: Costumized
Tick everything except user experiane.

When you start Fidelizer the first time you will have to find the Windows app (wimp.exe) in the program folder. If you use Tidal on Chrome I suggest you untick the Launch audiophile player with...option....and then you have no need to find the .exe file.
/Micael

May 1, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #853 of 5,203
Oh, I'm not seeking volume normalization. I don't use any of that (ReplayGain or other) in my fb2k. I worry that normalization can mess with the SQ.
I was just trying to understand if it's being used in Tidal. I know it's being used in Spotify, and recently even YouTube started to normalize audio levels in videos.

So you're saying Tidal isn't using any form of normalization?

Sorry, I do not know if Tidal is using any form of volume normalization when mastering the lossless files...but I would be very suppriced if they do! The whole concept is biuld upon better sound than Spotify. But I'll leave the hard facts to someone with better insight.

May 1, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #854 of 5,203
May 1, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #855 of 5,203
The desktop icon is a shortcut to the program file. Have'nt tried it myself...but could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back