Tidal Lossless Streaming
Dec 9, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #213 of 5,203
I am holding for a little longer, but they better fix those issues soon, I am sure sooner or later more lossless services will come online. So far I have mixed feelings about the service, when it works is great, but tired of the drop outs from time to time.

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #214 of 5,203
The weird thing is that on my android phone, streaming in HIFI mode is not an issue. No dropout and all is smooth. This is on wifi. 

But on the exact same network (Both on the TIDAL PC app and chrome web browser), it is excruciatingly slow with drop outs between songs and songs taking forever to load - my office network is a 200mbps hardwired line. 

Extremely frustrating given that i love the sound quality and selection of music. 

):" 

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #215 of 5,203
I signed up in the first few days.  Mostly it works...but not this evening.  Nothing, just hangs there.  

Dec 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #216 of 5,203
Not sure what's up but I have not had a drop out...ever at any time of day/night. Sometimes it takes a couple of seconds for the next track to start but once under way its golden.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #217 of 5,203
I am having a lot of issues, as I am typing I had to switch to 320.  It is really annoying, actually i had a better experience listening thru my IPAD than my macbook. I am sticking with them for now since i am discovering a lot of new music but I dont know what else to do. I mean the 320 sounds good, but I could get other services that offer 320 for 10 dollars.  They better fix the issues soon, they will be loosing another customer.

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #218 of 5,203
It's feeling more and more like Tidal bit off more than they could chew. Great idea, but quite literally aside from "we offer lossless" (which, strictly speaking, ANY service could offer because they get lossless files from the labels and then convert), the service has nothing going on. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #219 of 5,203
I had a pretty frustrating session with Tidal the other night. Every single time a song would near climax... dropout.  
angry_face.gif

The service is smooth for the most part during the day time, but come evening, it's a 50/50 toss up. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #221 of 5,203
I have no issues with 320 streaming whatsoever...

But why am i paying more if it's merely 320 ):

FLAC streaming is still a no go with the constant dropouts and crazy loading time between songs. 

(When it works, the SQ of flac is really discernible over 320) 

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #223 of 5,203
I couldn't get anything to play during the evening a few days ago.  Got  better after that.  Taking a day off and blasting along very nicely right now.  If they get this work 98% if the time during the evening I'm a permanent customer.  I'm not even asking for 100%, this is the internet and there are internet providers.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back