Tidal Lossless Streaming
Dec 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #196 of 5,210
I've enjoyed no dropouts for several weekday evenings, now, but having just received a Pure i-20 yesterday, thrilled with its competency at pulling SPDIF from my iPad 3 to Coaxial input of my Metrum Octave MkII > Nuforce HA-200 > HD800... This morning, drinking my first cup of coffee, kicked back in my recliner, iPad and i-20 on the side table, streaming TIDAL and enjoying the fullframe album covers while shuffling through my favorites... Borderline euphoric with the quality and convenience of streaming 44/16....

... I started getting DROPOUTS again. Arrgh! Grabbing my iPad Mini, same thing... As I'm drafting this, it's actually subsiding, though.

I guess this is where I'm supposed to start lowering my expectations in order to remain content with TIDAL...

----

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #198 of 5,210
I want to hit the CEO of Deezer in the head with a brick for waiting to release in the US for no goddam reason. Oh hey, awesome, I can listen to your high quality sound on... Bose and Sonos overpriced garbage? No thanks, bruh. No thanks. Then he has the balls to act like it's happening for reasons other than "we have a big business partnership with these two," like it's somehow beneficial to consumers NOT to offer the service up until later.

Thanks but no thanks. Y'all ruined your good will with me. 

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #200 of 5,210
Haha I know, I'm just annoyed! The service looks great but dude is doing all these really transparent money grabs and then doing an interview with CNET where he acts like it's totally because it's for our benefit as listeners. Come ON. You got a lot of money from Bose and Sonos to pair up, pushing their overpriced hardware as a gateway to your service, and you're avoiding a wider release until that market has tapped out. At least be honest, dude.

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #201 of 5,210
Is anybody having issues today, all of a sudden my Hifi doest not want to work, I am getting tire of the ups and downs, It was working fine and now tonight does not want to respond. so frustrating

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #204 of 5,210
There are also probably a lot of people using the service on a free trail basis at the moment.  Perhaps many of those won't actually end up becoming full time subscribers. Clearly they need to address their bandwidth issues long term though.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #208 of 5,210
I know the Deezer Elite requires the Sonos (I use the Sonos Connect), but I have had zero issues with the service and find the graphical user interface to be easy to use.  After using Beats on my iphone and Mac for non head-fi listening, I really grew to like the "engine"...very smart at suggesting new artists based on your likes/dislikes.  I missed this on Deezer.  What I have found, is if I search and locate and artist, and hit the "radio station" button, Deezer starts playing songs of similar genres and I have found new artists/music with little effort so it's somewhat similar in that regard.

Overall...really pleased with Deezer Elite/Sonos combo so far.  Quality of the music has been as good as the CD's I've ripped in AIFF, FLAC, ALAC.  If the source recording is mediocre, so is the music from Deezer...no different than my ripped CD's.

HS

Dec 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #210 of 5,210
Yes, they've oversold their server bandwidth. Sigh...

And we're among the early adopters. What will it be like six months from now, if they don't spend a lot of money to expand their infrastructure ahead of the wave?

Maybe they should change their name to Tsunami.

I think they wildly underestimated how much they'd need. Beats did the same thing.

320kbps versus  1411kbps. Basically it means if Tidal had 1/4 the subscribers of Spotify it'd need the same size servers. This is an ENORMOUS amount of data transfer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back