TIDAL is coming to Astell&Kern players!
Jun 26, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 190
In DARco 's article in February 2015, I can read about the AK500n : "There’s no access to the Google Play Store (as per the Sony ZX-1/2) but a Tidal lossless streaming app is apparently “in the works”.

This was 16 months ago... :wink:

Darko is a reviewer and doesn't work for AK. And he said "apparently". There is no "promise" from AK.

Please bear in mind every time you write "AK promised XX months/years ago", a lot of readers would accept your statement as fact, of which it's not. You're misleading the audience here.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #17 of 190
Darko is a reviewer and doesn't work for AK. And he said "apparently". There is no "promise" from AK.

Please bear in mind every time you write "AK promised XX months/years ago", a lot of readers would accept your statement as fact, of which it's not. You're misleading the audience here.

You are right about Darko not working for A&K and them never making a promise, but to be fair, A&K confirmed working on an integration of TIDAL into their software and told us to look out for an announcement regarding Tidal about six months ago...

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #18 of 190
You are right about Darko not working for A&K and them never making a promise, but to be fair, A&K confirmed working on an integration of TIDAL into their software and told us to look out for an announcement regarding Tidal about six months ago...
And that's fine as that is much more accurate.

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #20 of 190
Subbed for future updates. Definitely willing to buy an A&K player if they find a way to let me play Tidal through it, only thing that's held me back thus far.

popcorn.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #25 of 190
This time frame for tidal and the constant so called excuses for the release doesn't make sense to me. As far as I know AK runs on android. Tidal already has a app for that iOS. Unless AKs android interface is really outdated which makes this more disappointing considering the incredible amount of money for these devices, especially considering much much cheaper devices integrate Spotify, Pandora as well as tidal already . I really think AK is leading consumers on...bottom line! And they really have no intention at the moment to "load" Tidal onto their players with the android tool kit. But what they do like to do on a pretty consistent basis is create new daps! And as long as less discerning non value conscience customers continue to buy overly priced upload only music players. They will continue with their current formula pure and simple.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #29 of 190
My Christmas wishes : A successor to the AK500n or to the AK380 and may be also MQA for Tidal streaming :))

Sep 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #30 of 190
Straight from Tidal's website on what companies are currently working with Tidal..and look what it says in the last sentence. Also notice whose name is missing...Your move astell and kern.

TIDAL TIDAL ON YOUR DEVICE GENERAL
Which Home Audio Players/Partner Companies Will TIDAL Be Available On?
TIDAL already has integration agreements made with 35 of the world’s most respected audio brands, including: Anthem, Airable by Tune In Media, Audeze, Audiovector, AudioQuest, Auralic, Aurender, Autonomic, Bel Canto, Bluesound & NAD, Dan D'Agostino, Definitive Technology, Denon HEOS, DTS Play-Fi, Dynaudio, Electrocompaniet, Harman Omni, HiFiAkademie, ickStream, JH Audio, Linn, McIntosh, Meridian, MartinLogan, OPPO, Paradigm, Polk, Pro-ject, PS Audio, Raumfeld, Simple Audio, Sonos, Steinway Lyngdorf, Wren Sound Systems with more to come.

These integrations are ongoing and will be available soon. An updated status will be available here in the help center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back