Three albums you MUST hear!
Mar 19, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #47 of 117
Quote:

My mom brought it back from austrailia. And damn if that first song isnt one of the catchiest in recent times. I like the rest of the album to though I am not sure about top 3.

I know. It's not really top 3 of all time. I figured my usual classic faves...Dark Side of The Moon, etc., would be mentioned by others, so threw John Butler out as something new and different that many wouldn't have heard yet. I'm really liking the entire album ... and that doesn't happen much to me these days. Besides, the thread is titled "3 albums you must hear" .... not necessarily a top 3 list.

PS: Your mom's got good taste.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #48 of 117
Rocket From the Crypt - Group Sounds
Katamari Fortissimo Damashii - OST
Ramones -Rocket To Russia (hardest choice, it was between this, their first album or It's Alive. Now only if it had been recorded better...)

Decay

Mar 23, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #50 of 117
I have a lot of these albums (Pink Floyd, Tool, etc...) and I have to say that I don’t think a lot of the albums people recommend don’t sound that good (sound quality wise). I just listened to Pink Floyd’s dark side of the moon and it does sound good but I know a lot of what people recommend does not. When I want to wow myself I always end up listening to Dave Mathews albums Some Devil or Every Day. It is recorded very well and the style helps too. There are lost of little things going on all the time. For me his recording is as good as it gets. I don’t even really like him but I listen to it all the time just because the quality is so good.

Mar 23, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #51 of 117
Of my very selective album library i would have to say

Metallica - Master of puppets (or ride the lightning, its a close call)
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon (pure classic floyd)
And i hope "the downward spiral" since its in the mail. (damn you super saver shipping)

Im sure im going to correct on or two or even all of these but these are the ones that just popped into my mind.

Mar 23, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #53 of 117
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater
Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged

Mar 24, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #55 of 117
Quote:

1)strawbs-burstings at the seams

Yay! A Strawbs fan. Now there's something you don't see every day. They were one of my favourite bands. They actually played in Toronto last year as the "Acoustic Strawbs", but I unfortunately missed them.

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #56 of 117
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Sublime - 40 Oz. to Freedom

It's hard to pick just 3!!

Apr 10, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #57 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruse312
for headphones 1)strawbs-burstings at the seams 2)dylan -live at buddacan 3)rick wakeman-jouney to center of earth

Hm. I just reexamined your post, and am curious what it means when you say "for headphones." How does this differ from a good pair of stereo speakers?

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #58 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Hm. I just reexamined your post, and am curious what it means when you say "for headphones." How does this differ from a good pair of stereo speakers?

The stereo effect in headphones is WAY more palpable than even the best stero speakers. Unless you put your speakers directly to your left and right, you just wont get that same imaging that headphones provide.

Apr 11, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #59 of 117
Radiohead - Amnesiac < listen to it as often as you can!

Nick Cave - The Boatmans Call

Einstürzende Neubauten - Silence is Sexy

`huh, thats all ´little bit on the dark side of my heart
icon10.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #60 of 117
murcof - martes
mr. bungle - mr. bungle
pain of salvation - entropia
depeche mode - violator
gordian knot - emergent

more than three, but hey.. there are too many great albums out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back