Mar 1, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 117
Blackwater Park - Opeth

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 117
sarah mclachlan - Black
eek.gif
600smile.gif
eek.gif

absolutely mind blowing

edit: oops, Black isn't an "album"....but hey, it's worth buying the album just to listen to that song on a mighty pair of cans.
lambda.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 117
I just meant three albums that increase your appreciation for your headphones. These three do it for me, amoung others of course, but three sounded like an acceptable number.

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #8 of 117
Mar 2, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 117
Well, the three albums you need to hear depend on what kind of music you unusually listen to, since I would try to get you to be more open to different genres.

Three of my favorite albums that are all fairly different are:

Blood on the Tracks-Bob Dylan
This is my ichiban sukina album ever. It was the first real album I got, and has been in my CD player regularly ever since.

De-loused in the Comatorium-The Mars Volta
This is really good. It gave me back my hope that contemporary music has the capability of being excellent.

Straight Outta Compton-NWA
I don't think that this even makes my top ten best albums ever, but if you don't listen to rap (or hate it), I would recommend starting here.

Also:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
Dre - The Chronic
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:wiazqjkbojaa

This is an excellent album. I would still suggest starting with some NWA, but this would probably be my next stop.

Mar 2, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 117
That increase appreciation for headphones.. I will assume you mean that by sound quality
smily_headphones1.gif

For that:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
-You definitely need headphones to experience the full thing at its best.

Jethro Tull - Songs From the Wood
-Very nice detail only picked up through headphones. Speakers and headphones have two VERY different experiences - but both are VERY positive ones.

Mormon Terbanacle Choir & The Philidelphia Orchestra - George Handel's "Messiah" - One of the best-recorded pieces, and the soundstage is great for headphones, as it makes you feel as if you are in the front row of the performance.

Mar 2, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #12 of 117
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
The Who - Who's Next
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde (or Highway 61 Revisited, it's close)

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #13 of 117
Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
A good album for a Sunday morning. They have a great talent at seamlessly moving from light guitar work to downtuned riffing that would make Tony Iommi proud.

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
There's a reason why this album is considered revolutionary to hip-hop. And any metalhead has to appreciate a rap song based around a riff from Slayer.

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Beautifully haunting in every aspect, from the excellent songwriting to the airy guitar work that packs a punch in all the right places.

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #14 of 117

Users who are viewing this thread

Back