this time I'm going to get something GOOD.
Jan 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #46 of 74
My partner and I are going headphone testing this week, also she let me increase my budget a little. In all likelihood I'm still buying the HD-25-1 IIs. I should have them tomorrow, tuesday, not later than this week. I've reached a major milestone in my life and I might play the "I worked really hard and deserve a pair of HD 598s also" card.

But in terms of absolute certainty, I'll have the Senns in a day or two.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #47 of 74
Congratulations! Hope to hear some impressions soon

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 74
Yeah, Once I get them I'm going to spend the day getting a feel for them and another day using them as I normally would, also I'll document my first impressions. I'll write it up and post it here, I guess? I am really excited.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #49 of 74
Woul be nice

Feb 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #50 of 74
Hey everyone. Got  the HD-25-II-Is today. I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed. The bass is very, very punchy, but it doesn't rumble and overwhelm (and ruin) the musc. Listening to Marduk's "This fleshly void", there's a very nice separation of the chaos, and Mortuus'  painful vocals sound utterly hideous. Fantastic. Haggard's awakening the centuries was practically a foreign album. Likewise, I can really feel the overwhelming, desolate sense of feeling lost at sea when listening to Ahab. These headphones capture all of that so well.  I'm shocked at how well constructed these appear; My spouse took one look at them and said "yeah, I don't even think YOU can break them". And speaking of my spouse;  Noise-isolation? YES. She was evidently screaming to get my attention earlier, and I heard nada ^_^ This is good and bad, because she's going to shoot me one of these days. 

Pat Martino was also quite enjoyable. I noticed that you can not just pick out each bass note, but you can also hear the bass player's fingers hitting the strings distinct from the amplifier on live at yoshi's

I will be listening to these all day, and will report back with more information later. These headphones are extremely comfortable.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #51 of 74
thanks everyone for helping me pick out what's turned out to be  a perfect set of headphones. Now, I need to learn how to recable my 428s. I twisted the cord and held it with a chip-clip for a week before I got my new phones.

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #52 of 74
Quote:
thanks everyone for helping me pick out what's turned out to be  a perfect set of headphones. Now, I need to learn how to recable my 428s. I twisted the cord and held it with a chip-clip for a week before I got my new phones.

It's not too hard; I've have two pairs and I recabled the second one (I didn't bother with the first one because I didn't use it at all).

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #53 of 74
Nice. Seems you will be happy with them. See you in a month
size]

And sorry about the wallet.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #55 of 74
and yes, I'm already looking at other pairs. The difference between these and the HD 428s is huge, but the 428 still have some merit. Boy, oh boy.  I never knew sound could sound so good. Thanks again everyone.

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #56 of 74
Seems you are receptive to the feared uprade-itis.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #58 of 74
Quote:
You should save up money for a long time and some day get the HD800.

With his preference in sound signature, he'd more likely end up with an LCD-2 or an SR007MK2

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #59 of 74
Quote:
With his preference in sound signature, he'd more likely end up with an LCD-2 or an SR007MK2

But his preference can definitely change, though..

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #60 of 74
Hey, at what point can I be pretty sure the bass is getting too low/is going to damage my headphones? {Read: put on suffocation's effigy of the forgotten on classical EQ in itunes at medium volume. The bass does that ******* weird thing where it sounds like its breaking the headphones. }

How do I know what my headphones can handle? Specifically, the ones I just purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back