ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Sep 6, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #1,096 of 1,211
Sorry for the off-top, which headphones sound similar to the Mk3 or Mk2? I am looking for what you just described but with the combination of good bass and gorgeous detailed mids at the same time. And I am completely incompetent in headphones, I just know I don't like the bass of Sennheiser HD 800.
I would say that to me the substitute of the MMk2 would be the hd600 but with everything scaled down in quality and worse bass. But the midrange/vocal fullness is similar.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #1,097 of 1,211
The mk2 does have more prominent mids to my ears and a bit more special sauce. Mk3 has has a bit more mid bass. Still a mid centric iem to me (as I generally tend to ward V shaped iems), but I prefer the mk2 mids. You can't go wrong with either though. I'd you don't use eq, I'd go mk3 as mk2 is too lean without eq.
Can you share with us your EQ preset? I have gotten the urge to try EQ lately given I have mostly ran with the default sound signature of any particular IEM especially given what hassle it is to synchronize to all your sources without a DAP.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,103 of 1,211
I know this is a pretty old post but I just dived into the world of audiophiles not long ago and my first iem was the moondrop S8 and I really love them for their technicality. I've always wanted to try the legendary monarch mkii but my local store just doesn't have them.
Hey! I think you bought the S8 off of me on Reddit. I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

The S8 isn’t *that* far off from the MMK2. They both lack a little bass for one. The MMK2 resolves more microdetails and has a smoother treble but otherwise, the S8 is not too far off technically.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,104 of 1,211
Hey! I think you bought the S8 off of me on Reddit. I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

The S8 isn’t *that* far off from the MMK2. They both lack a little bass for one. The MMK2 resolves more microdetails and has a smoother treble but otherwise, the S8 is not too far off technically.
Omg, how funny to find you here! But yes the s8 is my current favorite and I got quite a few in a short period of time (Fearless S8f, Fatfreq Maestro Mini, zero, zero: red, and Blessing 3) Really love the M-mini too but I have a fitting issue unfortunately. Will probably sell them soon but will cry during the shipment. If you are interested just let me know on Reddit.

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,105 of 1,211

Yeee, and what about vocals timber!?

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #1,106 of 1,211
Omg, how funny to find you here! But yes the s8 is my current favorite and I got quite a few in a short period of time (Fearless S8f, Fatfreq Maestro Mini, zero, zero: red, and Blessing 3) Really love the M-mini too but I have a fitting issue unfortunately. Will probably sell them soon but will cry during the shipment. If you are interested just let me know on Reddit.
I'm saving up for a big purchase so I can't right now, but I hear FatFreq makes great IEMs. :)

MMK2 obviously has great vocal timbre, but so does S8. Slight difference in tonality with the MMK2 sounding more neutral, and the S8 a little sweeter.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #1,107 of 1,211
I'm saving up for a big purchase, so I can't right now, but I hear FatFreq makes great IEMs. :)

MMK2 obviously has great vocal timbre, but so does S8. Slight difference in tonality with the MMK2 sounding more neutral, and the S8 a little sweeter.
no problem, just let me know if yu have any thing to sell or trade you are interested in, will definitely buy from you again due to the last pleasant deal.

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,108 of 1,211
1695058265523.png

:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back